Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 62

Author Topic: (SG) Bizarre Slime: CROSS COUNTER!  (Read 68794 times)

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre Slime [RPG]
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2013, 01:07:05 am »

So we are making gels that grant wishes? Okay I'm cool with that.
Crack-a-lack-a

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2013, 08:04:38 am »

bump

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2013, 09:45:34 am »

Alright, then. Two questions:
1. What kind of environment were we raised in? A pampered tomboy is improbable, and a girly girl living in a slum or as a cinder-maid even less so.
2. Alright, I might have been unclear, but...are the wishes granted by the Bizarre Slime more on the "What I wanted," "What I said," or "The worst way to interpret the wish" side of the scale?
1. Well, I'll get to that once character creation is done. Don't wanna spoil it.
2. Theres this ritual you have to do. The more slime you have, the better the things you can make with it.
Slime can only synthesize deconstruct, or reconstruct matter, as in, it can only make or destroy things.
1. I'm supposed to make a personality without understanding anything about where the character grew up?

2. Alright, you don't seem to be understanding this question any way I put it, so I'll use an example to help.
Let's say a man wished for a ton of money from a genie.
A benevolent genie would make the man rich.
A literal genie would summon precisely 2,000 pounds (or possibly 1,000 kilograms) of currency, probably a mixture of bills and coins.
A jerkass genie would summon enough money to crush someone...right above your head.
Which one is the bizarre slime most like?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2013, 09:51:27 am »

A literal genie more likely, but the slime cant grant extremely powerful things, like king of the world.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2013, 09:54:10 am »

Alright, that gives us a good bit of freedom. Still not sure about how to make a personality without any background knowledge.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2013, 10:06:38 am »

Alright, that gives us a good bit of freedom. Still not sure about how to make a personality without any background knowledge.

Okay, let's skip personality for now.

Do you use magic? Rune or Spyhon Magic? If so, what type of magic do you use?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2013, 10:12:44 am »

I'll select Spyhon Magic, largely because I'm interested to see what it is.
Sig

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2013, 10:43:35 am »

He said it was traditional casting. I would go with runes because enchanting is cool.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:47:10 am by The Froggy Ninja »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2013, 10:53:03 am »

Of course, magic isn't everything. In 2069, laser guns and robots and hovercars exist.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2013, 10:59:01 am »

He said it was traditional casting. I would go with runes because enchanting is cool.
Oh.
+1

Of course, magic isn't everything. In 2069, laser guns and robots and hovercars exist.
And you know what's better than a laser gun?
An enchanted laser gun!
Sig

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2013, 11:19:18 am »

Oh.
+1

And you know what's better than a laser gun?
An enchanted laser gun!
The power of overkill compels you PrivateNomad.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2013, 11:30:17 am »

You are female.

You are a girl that has large red eyes. Her silky, straight, short hair is the color of ripe tangerines, and is worn in a simple style. She is very tall and has a wasp-waisted build. Her skin is ruddy. She has a low forehead and a small mouth. Her wardrobe is severe and no-nonsense, with a completely blue and red color scheme.

You are born with the powers of a Rune Mage.

The old hag picks you up. She notices that you are shooting some green fire from your hands. However, there is one thing that she notices. "It's... A girl..." She says. "I wanted a smoking hot man!" She yells out, throwing the baby out the window. You slide down a green hill, brightness filling your eyes. You slide down to town, sliding across the streets, dodging hover cars and praying mantis women. You eventually come to a stop at someones door, on the north side of town. The house has a violet purple paint, with windows littered across it. The mat in front of the door says "Welcome". You see the door open.

A human woman opens the door, looking around. "Damned slime kids..." She says, before looking down at you. "Woah! A baby!" She exclaims, startled. The woman has blonde hair and looks rather tall. She also has a big rack. She reaches down picking you up.
"What a blessing this child is!" She says, taking you inside. The inside looks kinda normal, with the violet color scheme. Flowers can be found throughout the place, as well as a man eating sun flower. You let out a cry as this woman takes you in, setting you on her head as you shoot blue and green flames, as well as lightning bolts everywhere.

"Sweet damn, you can use magic too!" She says.
    She places her finger over your mouth, making a shush noise as you stop crying. "It's okay baby, I don't know where you came from, or how you got here, but I'll take care of you." She says, scratching her chin.

"I know. I'll name you Violet!" She exclaims.

And so that's how you came to be in this world, being abandoned by an old witch and being taken in by some woman. You now know this woman to be as "mom".

=====12 Years Later=====

╞════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡

"Violet baby, we got somethin' from the mail! It's for you!" Your mother yells out from the kitchen.

"Okay, mom!" 12-year old you shouts out from your room. You were reading a book about Rune magic, when you begin walking downstairs.

You grab a letter off from the table, with a fancy seal on it. The cover is labeled "Promas Academy, The Academy of Magic" You place it in your pocket.

Character Information
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
╞════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡

What is your personality?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2013, 11:37:28 am »

The old hag picks you up. She notices that you are shooting some green fire from your hands. However, there is one thing that she notices. "It's... A girl..." She says. "I wanted a smoking hot man!"
Hm. Probably for the best that she didn't actually raise a child...and probably for the best that a boy didn't actually come out.

You slide down a green hill, brightness filling your eyes. You slide down to town, sliding across the streets, dodging hover cars and praying mantis women. You eventually come to a stop at someones door, on the north side of town.
...Did we land on a plot-convenient sled, or is the baby in critical condition?

Anyways. Personality. Well, given what little we know...

I will suggest an introverted personality, more interested in reading books than talking. Violet is shy, but nice if you can get her to talk to you. Um...that's all that springs to mind.
Sig

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2013, 11:53:54 am »

I will suggest an introverted personality, more interested in reading books than talking. Violet is shy, but nice if you can get her to talk to you. Um...that's all that springs to mind.
+1 she is also prone to getting absorbed in her enchanting experiments as she doesn't care much for the other aspects of Runes. She is currently working a on upgrading her -Laser Pocket Knife- into a -Laser Pocket Sword-

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2013, 11:54:42 am »

+1 she is also prone to getting absorbed in her enchanting experiments as she doesn't care much for the other aspects of Runes. She is currently working a on upgrading her -Laser Pocket Knife- into a -Laser Pocket Sword-
Not sure about the second bit...
Sig
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 62