Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 62

Author Topic: (SG) Bizarre Slime: CROSS COUNTER!  (Read 67872 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre Slime [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #285 on: December 07, 2013, 06:17:57 pm »

Let's chat with Mom.

Also, white teal eyes?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 07, 2013, 06:20:57 pm »

Let's chat with Mom.

Also, white teal eyes?
+1
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 07, 2013, 09:23:52 pm »

╞════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡

You haven't seen your mom in a while. You head over to the Promas Library.
You enter the large stone building and is greeted by a huge display of books of many types, organized on many levels of shelves that extend to the ceiling.
As you walk deeper in the library, you are surprised by the enthusiastic hug of your mother.
 "Oh! Violet! I was so worried about you! But I'm so proud of you, too! My baby, a color!" She says, tears falling from her eyes as she bear hugs you.

The two of you get to a more comfortable location near the back of the room.
 "So how is this place..?" Your mom asks you.
 "It's great. I'm learning a lot." You respond.
 "That's wonderful! I'm sure you'll make a lot of friends." She says, smiling in glee.
 "I'm so happy here, too. Everyone else is really nice, especially your History teacher, Mr. Clark." She claims. You hope your mom doesn't start dating him. That would be weird and awkward.

You hug your mother and say your farewell. It takes no genius to know that your mother cares for you deeply, and was excited to see you after a couple days.

It's night time, and it's time for you to rest. You walk over to your dorm in the night. Promas doesn't really enforce a curfew policy, so you often see others out at night. You walk up to your dorm and open it with the key. You find Janice browsing the internet on the computer.
 "Hey, Vioet." She says as she gazes to you.
 "Hey." You say as you begin dressing into your nightwear.
 "Heard about Aeko and Kuran. Fine work." She compliments, cracking a smile as she gives a thumbs up motion.
 "Thanks." You say as you dive into bed.
Suddenly, you hear a screech as you land on something. Suddenly, a black tabby cat with grey stripes leaps out of bed.
 Janice jumps out of her chair. "Mercury!" she shouts in a hushed tone as the cat jumps into her lap, causing her to sit back down.
 "It's okay, baby." She says as she strokes the cat's black fur. It purrs in response.

("Should I even ask why")
(Ignore her and sleep)

Character Information
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 07, 2013, 09:27:35 pm »

"Why did you name him Mercury?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 07, 2013, 09:32:45 pm »

Apologize for landing on the cat.

(Also, I don't really know Latin, but the whole aspect thing reminds me of Thaumcraft 3 and I see a lot of potential in that. Also, necromancy is not necessarily evil, unless you do things like perform unspeakably evil acts to become a lich, or binding unconsenting souls, etc. Being a medium and using necromantic practices to settle the quarrels of souls and bring peace to the spirit world would probably be good.)

Also, as a side action, try making temporary (i.e. on a piece of paper or something) runes of:
Visum Carum
Vinculum Victis (after Junichi Cove)
Imperito Tempus
Purus Praecantatio
Fractum Terra
and test them out.

Lastly, a more complicated project: First, use Fabrico Metallum/Terra to make a small human-esque figure, inscribe Animus Machina on it's chest, then Tutamen on it's back/chest, and Ignis Telum on it's palm. Then inscribe a rune of Imperito Machina somewhere on us.
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 07, 2013, 09:35:39 pm »

Actually, this game has A LOT of references in it. I did in fact use to play Thaumcraft a while ago and got interested in the latin magic aspects. I'm gonna get a list of all the references I used.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 07, 2013, 09:46:14 pm »

Actually, this game has A LOT of references in it. I did in fact use to play Thaumcraft a while ago and got interested in the latin magic aspects. I'm gonna get a list of all the references I used.

References? Like for the aspect names? Also, I really do see a lot of potential for !!FUN!! and fun with this system, as you can see by my list of suggestions for potentially interesting aspect combos.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 07, 2013, 09:51:07 pm »

K, I went through and listed the references. I may have missed some.

Game is based off 4chan /a/ and /tg/ game of Bizarre Slime by Richter Bromont.
Name of Violet: Name of character in Bizarre Slime: FemC addition

-
"I wonder what's for dinner!" You exclaim, entering the house.

"Fried scorpion stingers!" Your mom says in glee. Meh, scorpion stingers don't taste too bad.

"I'm so hungry, I could eat an Octorok!" You say to your mother.
"A wha-"
"It doesn't matter." You say to your mother.

Zelda CDI scene
-
Janice the Dulluhan
Based off Janet from original 4chan Bizarre Slime
-
Basketball choices
Reference from original bizarre slime threads and other threads by Bromont
-
Never-Ending dungeon board game
Reference to my other thread
-
Magic aspects: Latin language and Thaumcraft mod for Minecraft
-
Tia the Fairy
Based off Pia, the main character's partner in the original Bizarre Slime
-
"A dollar ham?" You say, confused as shit.
Reference to Original Bizarre Slime, when the main character was introduced to Janet, he mistakingly thought she was a "Dollar Ham", intead of a Dulluhan.
-
COLORS contest
Based of main plot in Bizarre Slime: FemC edition.
-
Ms. Celeria
Reference to another thread of mine, The Global War of Malice, where Celeria is the squad's home nation.
-
Katherine and her use of the word "whelp".
Based off Yuri the Yuki-Onna of Original BS.
-
Dereka and Elwen
Based off of Hanako and Lilly from Katawa Shoujo. They are similar. Hanako as burns and Lilly is blind. They also drink tea.
-
Dereka making PBJ sandwich
Reference to original BS, where an elf girl named Rebecca always made a PBJ sandwich which got stolen by the main character.
-
Grimoire of Specters
Based off one of my /tg/ threads.
-
Lord Harkas the Lich
Sorta based off of Vampire Lord Harkon from Skyrim DLC
-

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 07, 2013, 10:43:52 pm »

Well, I knew the Zelda CDI, "Dollar Ham" and Never-Ending Dungeon things, but the other things you said were from the original thread, weren't in the thread you linked, I don't think. Where are they?

(Also lololol Dollar Ham XD)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 07, 2013, 11:00:38 pm »

"Why is your cat named Mercury..?" You ask as you fall into your bed.
 "Cus' he's like Mercury! Quick and Silver, for quicksilver!" She says. You can see that part in the cat, which appears to be male.
You let out a sigh and fall asleep.

-----
You wake up to Janice's alarm clock which blares the theme of Space Jam.
Janice leaps from bed.
 "LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS!" She sings.
 "TO DEFEAT, THE HUNS!" She continues to sign as you leave the dorm.
You should probably go see Dr. Hexapus, the campus-famous doctor who's renown for being a skilled doctor and even surgeon.
As you walk towards the clinic building, you see Tia. She waves at you and flies away. It makes you wonder if she has any fairy friends. It also makes you wonder if she's a fairy or a pixie. If she's a fairy, at least she doesn't have a tail.

You enter the building and proceed into Dr. Hexapus's office.
He sits in his comfy black office chair, typing into a computer with his six tentacles. He looks back to you and smiles with his usual enthusiasm.
 "Ah, hello Violet." He says. You notice he now fashions an actual monocle on his eye.
 "I have one theory... But I need you to take a seat and take your pull your sleeve up, Violet." He says as he opens a cabinet and pulls out a strange, yellow crystal. The crystal begins to resonate once it exits the cabinet. He keeps it held, taking note of it's resonance.
You sit down on the elevated table and pull your sleeve up.
Dr. Hexapus takes the crystal closer and pulls a notebook and pencil out.
 "This... May hurt, if I'm right... Please prepare yourself." He asks of you.
You clench your teeth and prepare for the festivities.
He moves the crystal close to your arm and you suddenly feel a sharp, excruciating pain shoot through your arm.
 "AAAAAH!" You yell in agony as the crystal moves near you. Your skin begins to ripple and change from it's normal color to yellow and back. He quickly pulls the crystal away when he gathers enough data. He puts the crystal back.

"A- Astonishing..." He says, his jaw open.
He clears his throat and adjusts his monocle. "Violet... I know of your origin and the explanation beneath this strange ability you possess." He claims as he moves closer to you.
 "H- Huh...?" You say as you recollect your attention.

"Y- You have heard of Bizarre Slime, yes...?" He says, two of his tentacles in front of him.
 "Y- Yes..." You say, preparing for his straight up answer.
 "You h- have been created from Bizarre slime. Who or whatever created you from the slime added an extra amount. I believe your body adapted this extra slime to your body to give you this sixth sense and your regeneration. Of course, it won't last forever. The more you regenerate, the more extra slime it drains... But that may be a long time." He explains.
W- What... Dr. Hexapus is basically explaining that you were created from Bizarre Slime.
 "I'm... Not sure... Normally such a feat using Bizarre Slime wouldn't be possible." He adds, his gaze meeting yours.

You begin to lose your emotional control.
 "Y- You're saying... I... Was created..? A puppet...?" You ask as a tear falls from your eye.
 "A puppet, no... The slime created your body, soul, and mind. Somehow, which would usually be impossible..." He responds.
 "S- So... That's why I don't have blood family..." You say as you lower your head.
 "I wouldn't say that." He says.
?
 "There are different types of Bizarre Slime. If the slime you were synthesized with was obtained from a source that was used to create someone else, then technically you would be blood related." He says.
This is a lot to take in.

"I swear on my honor as a physician... I will keep this information strictly confidential." He says, crossing his chest with one tentacle.
 "I... Can understand if you are feeling any strong emotion... Sadness, anger, resent... Surprise... Worry..." He adds as he walks around his room with two of his tentacles set behind his back.

!

It's the feeling again. The evil feeling which sends a horrible chill up your spine... Somethings coming from the... East.
 "Violet...?" He asks with a concerned look in his face as you slouch over.
 "S- Something's coming... Towards the school." You predict as you regain your emotions.]
 "Oh no... It must be the Shadowmancers..." He says.

"Who..?" You ask.
 "Sometimes, the school is under attack by a group of mages who control darkness and the shadows. A form of dark magic. They are resilient. Their magic is strange, they can only use it when light is around. If they are in pitch darkness, they can't use their magic. They are also weak to large amounts of light, like a flash bomb." He says, massaging his forehead.
 "We need to prepare. I'll raise the alarm." He says.

Dr. Hexapus creates a motion with his hand, and it starts to glow. Suddenly a loud noise blares around the school -- similar to an air raid siren.
 "Prepare yourself, Violet. Things may get messy. Watch the shadows, and remember that they're weak to light."

They will arrive very shortly, so you can only prepare for one thing.
(Draw a rune of light for a projectile light effect)
(Booby trap the clinic to defend against the Shadowmancers)
(Rally people in and around the clinic)

Character Information

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 07, 2013, 11:07:54 pm »

Draw a rune of light.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 07, 2013, 11:10:31 pm »

Rune, make it so it fires 3 shots perhaps 2 small and 1 explosion?
Crack-a-lack-a

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 07, 2013, 11:39:44 pm »

((Abandoned half-post, finished and posted.))

Hm. If we're interested in necromancy, we should see if we can figure out how to get around that pesky "Souls don't get brought back all the way" problem. This is a direction I'd like to go. We should bring up the subject. Maybe ask some teacher about it, saying we'd come across it in a book and wondered why it couldn't be used to resurrect people.
Sig

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 08, 2013, 12:56:30 am »

You begin to draw a rune that shoots concentrated light onto your right hand. The main aspect of this rune is Lux, for light.
You see people dressed in darkness come from indeed the east, riding flying dogs.
 "Time for them to know the power of a color." You as as you channel energy into the rune. It grows with a bright light.

You slam the door open and start blasting at them. You blast some out of the sky.
You hear the shattering of a window! A large woman with dark robes turns to shadow and morphs behind you. She jumps out from the floor and fires a beam of shadow towards you and hits your left leg.

You fire a beam of light towards her, but miss.
Dr. Hexapus steps back in the corner, simply watching the fight.

The Shadowmancer raises her arms in the air! Shadows sprout from her and go onto the walls! Three shadows fly towards you. They hit you and drain your health.
You take aim at the Shadowmancer and fire a beam! The beam hits her and she takes a large amount of visible damage, as smoke appears from her shoulder.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Combat Information
Enemies: Shadowmancer [Mildly Healthy]

===
You: -[72 HP], [Full Magic Power]
Dr. Hexapus - [Healthy]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Character Information
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 62