Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Linux debian/ubuntu installer  (Read 539 times)

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Linux debian/ubuntu installer
« on: November 26, 2013, 11:07:10 am »

I'm currently working on (in my limited free time) an installer for dwarf fortress on ubuntu. I'm definitely putting in the base files of df 34.11, and dfhack 0.34.11-r3 (the most recent one on http://dethware.org/dfhack/download/). I'll also put in two launcher files (DwarfFortress.desktop and DFHack.desktop). I'm not sure what else (if anything) to include. graphic's packs I want to be entirely optional if I put them in, and that sounds like it would require some fancy utility that I don't understand. Dwarf Therapist is unfortunately out I think because I don't want to disable pTrace. Oh, and I want it to get the required libraries installed by default as well, but I'm still not sure what's wrong with my sound in dwarf fortress. Oh well.

But hopefully sometime soonish I'll get something that could make basic dwarf fortress installs on ubuntu really snappy and smooth. No compiling, no terminal commands, just "oh, and now I have dwarf fortress". Sounds fun!

Currently I'm looking at dfhack and thinking "well, I never got stonesense to work, so I might want to get rid of that, and I should probably add that one script that fixes the ageing bug. Ooo, this sounds fun.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...