Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 135174 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 3 brings death and release
« Reply #600 on: December 20, 2013, 11:07:17 am »

I think Tiruin is undergoing some form of villainous breakdown.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 20, 2013, 11:35:33 am »

Pro tip: If Tiruin was town, he'd be happy with the way things are going. There's only a couple of suspects left. Instead, the defensiveness has been turned to eleven. SBC's claim deserves checking out, but it's a simple measure to block them. Did anyone else other than Tiruin hear SBC's claim of a tech field? If it's actually true, it's slightly worrying. Would be nice if SBC could clear it up.

7 town remain, 1 dopp. (Do survivors count among town numbers? Unsure on this).

Even if Tiruin flips town, we still have a couple freelynches. The info we gain during this time will narrow out the suspects for an inevitable town win. Pretty damn sure about this.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 20, 2013, 12:03:18 pm »

Roleclaim:
I am who I am. I protected Imp N1 - due to my personal outlook on her and her analytical acumen, my claim and my actions D2 were to inspire quite much anything, I didn't have a goal for my claim, as it had no value other than me being a literal martyr. I sorta played a gambit that Imp was town, hence my defense of her--Though, I suspect those who out me as scum because of that; sense being that if I'm scum, I don't blatantly defend my teammates on the noose when the case drops to that point (ie Previous suspicion raise on valid notion).

Honestly, I don't "out you" as scum because of that, but I find it odd that you admit privately that your instinct was that Imp was dopp, but don't admit the same publicly.

I want a clean game as anyone else, and now knowing that the assassin bot is used (really, Caz. You used it on RangerCado without even letting him speak?!). Very smart move.
EXPOUND ON WHY YOU DID SO EVEN THOUGH EVIDENCE MOSTLY POINTS TO YOU AS INNOCENT!

HOW DO YOU KEEP MISSING WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE ASSASSIN BOT?

I can yell too... :P

PPE:
makeinu..Explain how you got TWO people in cahoots given your PM claims.

Jim took convincing. I basically had to role-claim, as I'd originally tried to play it off as though I were speaking on behalf of the Detective, rather than claiming, and he wouldn't buy it. Even still, he lied to me about Caz's role, "in case I blabbed". Fair enough, he had to know that, try as I might, I'd have to role-claim to support my arguments sooner or later, and I'll say again that I didn't out the player publicly, only the role.

Problem was, I'd gone to Persus with that knowledge first. Important: I never asked Persus his role. He revealed to me; I only asked flavor. Funny story, I had to point out to Persus that he was neglecting to CC Meph on our PMs, and he mentioned that he hadn't noticed the Reply All button; this all happened around the time he was telling me he was an Observant Guard...

Irony.

Explain how you're seeing 'similarities' with my BM play and my -here- play.

I hate metaknowledge, and I will act like a vengeful peasant who has been driven off her land, her family held against her, placated only by the thought of her being labeled as...stuff. Like a witch, that she's out 'for the better good'. In short, I hate labels. I hate being 'known' because of past deeds, hence why I make my playstyle amorphous--always varying, shifting, and non-conventional. Unorthodox, probably.

If I've been "mostly defensive, deflective" and even "reactive", then hit me buddy. I trusted you. Do you think that thing of being snowed out goes only one way? Hell no.

I hate metaknowledge, the use of it, especially to justify a lynch, more than you can know. The forum I learned mafia in, I stopped playing for a long while, because I became known as a "dangerous player", someone that had to be eliminated early, no matter my role or alignment, because I'm good at finding the tells and breaking the scum. A lot of our players find themselves in that position. One never lies, ever, and shuts up when she's scum. One always initiates information sharing, unless he's scum.

It. Sucks. I hate it. Way more than you can know.

But your playstyle is not as amorphous as I believe you'd like to think. No one's is. We all have tells, just like in poker or any other mental game (all games are mental in the end).

Is my lack of assertion a scumtell for you? Aww..guess we're not all choleric temperaments here, are we? Some of us are Phlegmatic//Melancholic. Some of us prefer the scientific method to solve scumminess. Some of us have been too entrenched in a Philosopher's viewpoint to try the direct method.

Yes, actually, it is. I spent some time last night hunting down roles where Tiruin was Town, and learning how she plays from that angle. You're much more aggressive in questioning under those circumstances. More to the point, you're more probing. And more uncertain. It shows. But more importantly, all metaknowledge aside, if you're really Town, you don't have any reason to be defensive, reactive, deflective. Because you're secure in the knowledge that, in the end, the role flip will tell your innocence. And I don't see that security.

Maybe that's the amorphous playstyle you reference. Maybe you really are Town, and you're just playing overly cautious to throw everyone off. If that's the case, it's working.

And please, do not lecture me on using the scientific method in scum hunting. I'm the one quoted Occam's Razor yesterday while hunting Imp, remember? Science, and logic, hung Imp by her own petard yesterday.

Jim and I started talking because of my investigation of him.

Persus and I started talking before that because I reached out in trust; I had a good feeling.

Persus and Jim have not spoken directly that I'm aware.
In which you lied to Persus?!
Mmm, nice trust. I begin to doubt how much you've told me either, however its mostly been good banter, now that I see.

Where do you get that I lied to Persus? I never told Persus anything about talking to Jim, nor vice versa. As much as I wanted them to trust each other, they didn't, publicly and privately, and had either known that I was talking to the other, they'd have lost all trust in me entirely. They didn't ask, I didn't tell.

Guess what, I was the one to initiate conversation with you--not the other way around. Guess that implies much on how you trust me in-game, huh.
You said
Because I didn't feel that I could trust you. I'm still not sure, but there's nothing to hide now, is there?
behind the lines about why you didn't PM me. Good reason, but I've to sate my curiosity. What was there to hide? Why lie at this time, when there is only one scum left? If you think I'm scum--given that the evidence was placed at the end of D2, then what did you have to tell me other than 'I'm telling Jim that I'll be targeting SBC tonight'.

Wait, that's what you did. Leave me in the dark with all this then? So be it.

Yeah, you approached me. I stated why I didn't approach you, and the reference to "nothing to hide"? I'd already role-claimed and revealed what I knew. That's the "nothing to hide".

And there you go again with accusing me of lies, with no evidence to back it.

Here's my last bit on why I think you're acting suspicious. Games here don't require you to survive to win with your side, only that your side win. Were I in your shoes my response to what you are facing now, if I had no better argument than what you've presented would be, simply, lynch me.

I'll flip Town. Then you'll know that one of the others still on the uncleared list is the last dopp.

That's my sacrifice for the good of the Town.

Tell me, Town Tiruin, why isn't that your approach?

Notice how I don't pressure Toaster after he says:

Makeinu:  You're correct that I haven't.  How about if we get to tomorrow with no leads, Jim mindsteals me?

Because that's what Town would say. Plus, by deliberately lynching one uncleared suspect and blocking the other, we force the third (Toaster, for those playing the home game) to not kill in the event we're all wrong, for fear of outing themselves.

Unvote.

As for SBC: He claimed that he had a shield assigned to him as a passive--and gained another one..something like that (while the logs are forwarded to Meph, I..don't have them at the moment and will ask Meph for it..if that's even possible. I'm new to this PM nonsense). Firstly, he said what he said could be fraught with lies.

> From what I could glean--he said he has both an Anti-Tech//Mind shield. He explained that makeinu isn't...'what he seems to be', paraphrased and that makeinu hit a shield which is why you got a No Role thing.
> He tells me he is town. I'm more inclined to believe that given the abrupt change @D2 end. However, he was...reluctant or probably withdrawn when pressed on the matters of his role. He says he's town, but can't tell me his role. I went in detail on communicating the prospect of me being dopp/town and the reasons on why it won't darn matter to me if he tells me either way (He told me after Day start btw, when I couldn't connect to Bay12) Still, it lies in the murk, and all my memory retains are these notes.

Thank you for putting Superblackcat right back at the top of my list, just where Max White had left him before.

Two shields. Not one, but two. Started with one, gained another. I'll take that as a tacit admission of Alien. And I hit one of those shields last night, which allegedly explains the "No role" result. Okay, fine, which Shield did I hit, pray tell?

Would that be the one that blocks a night kill?

Personal Shield: Works once as though guarded by the Guardian. Will also protect against Morningkills.

Or the one that blocks a Psychic reading?

Mind Shield: The Mind Shield gives the user a Mind Shield. Should the user already possess a Natural Mind Shield, it will be upgraded to an Advanced Mind Shield. An advanced mind shield provides the same protection as a normal mind shield, but has the added benefit of always appearing to work to the one using psychic powers against the user. Telepaths will always receive a 'Survive' result, Psychic Wardens will not know their power is blocked, and so on. Stacks with a natural or tech-based Anti-Tech Field.

Or, holy stinking guano load, Batman, NEITHER FUCKING ONE, SINCE NEITHER FUCKING ONE STOPS A DETECTIVE FROM GETTING A ROLE READ?

Superblackcat, EXPLAIN, PLEASE, HOW DESPITE ALL THE EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY, I'M NOT WHAT I SEEM. And what kind of nasty little Alien are you, hmmm? Not a Survivor, I'll warrant, because you're not playing smart to survive, but there IS that "no role" result to consider, so you can't be much else. Except for dopp. Seems to my reading that every other Alien will flop a role when targeted.

So which lie are you telling about who you are?

Amended Makeinu Amendment:

Today we lynch Superblackcat.

Tonight, in this order:

Toony blocks Tiruin.
Jim Mind Steals ToonyMan. If dopp, we'll know, if Town, Jim wins with Town.
Persus guards makeinu.
makeinu rolecops Persus, to check him for Dopp Leader status. 'No role' result belies the guard claim.
Toaster checks for race on Superblackcat.

Persus and ToonyMan will be cleared completely, or one outed as Dopp Leader. Superblackcat flops human, Dopp Leader, or Alien Survivor; any way, we'll know him for sure.

If, come morning, there's no dopp flip from all that, or a night kill, then Toaster and Tiruin are the only ones not thoroughly cleared. Lynch one, mind-steal the other, or draw it out two days longer, doesn't matter.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 20, 2013, 12:19:23 pm »

The Whiteboard
makeinu: Persus13, Tiruin
Superblackcat: makeinu
Tiruin: Caz, ToonyMan, Toaster

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday

Meph: Short of someone being abducted--can an assassin bot kill anyone with an anti-tech field? I would like someone to test their assassin bot on a special someone but won't say who until he posts.
An assassin bot will not effect a player with an anti-tech field.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 20, 2013, 01:18:26 pm »

Makeinu: I see a possible explanation for the "two shields" bit, but I'm not going to say what it is until Mr. Cat comes forward and corrects his claim.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 20, 2013, 01:29:41 pm »

Makeinu: I see a possible explanation for the "two shields" bit, but I'm not going to say what it is until Mr. Cat comes forward and corrects his claim.

I'll bow to greater knowledge of Paranormal games, but I don't read anything in those that blocks investigations, or role-blocks. Only kills.

I'd very much like to see his side of Tiruin's vague description of their convo.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 20, 2013, 02:00:59 pm »

@Tiruin:
Sorry about throwing role-power around as evidence instead of scum-hunting more.  But there's only one dopp left (and an alien I'm guessing) to stand in the way of almost seven town players that have all claimed at this point.  To ignore our powers is silly!

I don't mind if SBC or Tiruin is lynched.  I'll hold mine on Tiruin for now though.  Depending on who's lynched I'll follow through with the according Makeinu plan.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 20, 2013, 03:48:52 pm »

Alright Makeinu, I'll tell you what I told Tir.

I have 2 shields, I thought you had a scanner, because That'd be the reason why you hit a shield. I'm not sure what you do have, but that would be the only reason why you came up with a NR.

If that didn't happen. I guess these shields may extend farther to what I gleaned from when I skimmed through the roles...

I am technically town aligned. Note, Technically. I'm not a dopp.

After Tiruin's pressure all of last night, and then her blatant reveal of everything that I told her, I think my conclusion that people aren't to be trusted with important information is right. Thus, no information will come out.

No, I will not role-claim. I'm fine with dying tomorrow, But there are certain things I wish to do tonight.

It'd be nice of you guys if you could extend that far.

Alright.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 20, 2013, 04:18:46 pm »

Superblackcat:
No, I will not role-claim.

Suit yourself.

Superblackcat.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 20, 2013, 04:27:01 pm »

I guess these shields may extend farther to what I gleaned from when I skimmed through the roles...

Oh, wow. What a remarkable coincidence.

Claim up.

Superblackcat.

You know, your tech choices can be verified through tech trading.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 20, 2013, 04:38:25 pm »

Waitwaitwait. makeinu: I find it curious how you found both the Mind Stealer and an Observant Guard at the same time. Given how the Guard works, shouldn't Persus be the one who'd get abducted and not Caz??
I told him my role after he told me he was an observant guard.

Makeinu, if you're going to claim that Tiruin is scum, back up your case. the fact you just keep saying "there are similarities" doesn't fly with me.
O_o wat
..Um, so what I get is that you two talked since D2. And..he said he's an observant guard--I mean, you said the same to me and I believe you.
Sorry, I meant I told him my role after he told me his inspect last night.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 20, 2013, 04:49:40 pm »

I don't support makeinu's amendment to Toaster's plan. Abducting Toonyman would roleblock him and remove the power of Toonyman to roleblock someone else, right?

After Tiruin's pressure all of last night, and then her blatant reveal of everything that I told her, I think my conclusion that people aren't to be trusted with important information is right. Thus, no information will come out.
If it's important information, if it's public it's all the better. Your life depends on it.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 20, 2013, 04:53:58 pm »

Roleblocks happen before abductions, so me abducting him doesn't prevent his roleblock from happening.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 20, 2013, 04:54:45 pm »

Roleblocks happen before abductions, so me abducting him doesn't prevent his roleblock from happening.
Oh, in that case, nevermind.
Sigtext

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 20, 2013, 05:10:15 pm »

No, I will not role-claim. I'm fine with dying tomorrow, But there are certain things I wish to do tonight.

This is not town behaviour. You fakeclaiming townie on top of that makes you almost as scummy as Tiruin.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 55