Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 135142 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!
« Reply #765 on: December 23, 2013, 09:13:04 pm »

I feel kind of bad I couldn't replace sooner.  I could have given SBC advice as his scum partner.

EDIT:
That's actually not true.  SBC would then have to replace Sinless and the game would be very different...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 10:07:31 pm by ToonyMan »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 23, 2013, 09:13:23 pm »

These games can make me really paranoid. I was convinced everyone was scum D3 except Tiruin and Toony.
Yeah, in public. :P
You weren't in the PMs.

I feel kind of bad I couldn't replace sooner.  I could have given SBC advice as his scum partner.
*sigh*
Ok, I'll come out with it. Part of the reasons I've been 'defensive' (yeah I don't like the general use of this term anymore ._. is there anyway we can redefine the 'scumtell'-defensive and the general being-defensive?) was that..well, I did pity kittycat when we finished talking and I -did- offer him neutral PM advice. Though that advice was more skewed on him being an Alien, it also poked at 'what to do when you've to do stuff with your role and tell others about it'.

Hence why I'm really sorry @Superblackcat right now. I mean, I fully expected to be vindicated one way or another but..not this (I guess)!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 09:15:43 pm by Tiruin »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 23, 2013, 09:19:02 pm »

Well imagine this Tiruin, there's a murder in a closed room and the only person in there during that time was you.  It doesn't matter who the true culprit was, if everybody else has an alibi but you and the alien (who was actually the true culprit) who can we possibly put blame on?  Somebody is the culprit, after all.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 23, 2013, 09:20:51 pm »

*laughs at Jim's "Whoops"*

Sorry, a little, about outing you. I really did go to Persus first, because I had a good feel, and I wasn't sure what to think about you.

I won't apologize for the vote thing D2. It was luck that I was right about Imp being scum, but I did take some satisfaction that my instincts and analysis were right in the end. But the real point was that by that point, I knew Persus was Town, especially after his role claim, and I couldn't stand by and watch a townie die, especially not a guard.

Aaaaanyway, it was awesome to see you play.

So yes I felt labeled because nobody bothered to even link or quote anything against me. >_>

I quoted and linked against you, frequently. I just wasn't pressing the case as I might normally have done because the point was to just push you, so I was a lot more haphazard than thorough. Because at that point, the only case I could see was you or Toaster as scum hiding in plain sight.

...I should never try to go against my intuition >_<

No, you shouldn't.

Woah. Damn. Good game everyone. Sorry Tiruin.  :-X
Nooooo..wait, thanks but..argh.
I mean I wasn't frustrated at any one single person specifically but the mood was...lax! I was frustrated at what I perceived to be the consensus of the crowd and.. >_<
I'm a horrible person :S

Nooooo, you're not. What Caz said.

What was your opinion of the Mind Stealer? I know it wasn't exactly a difficult choice after Day 2 on what to do, but what are your thoughts in general?
I don't like it at all for several reasons.

What he said, but it was interesting to see it in action.

I... still don't know why SBC bothered to claim hivemind though. Boggles the mind, it does.
I don't know anymore.

Thing is, he never claimed directly, and he did have a pretty strong case that he could've made if he'd just played it more openly.

Scum chat was an awesome read.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 23, 2013, 09:25:20 pm »

Also Makeinu and Toaster, Jim and I were totally going to go behind your back and block/abduct you two just in case if the game actually continued.

makeinu's plan is dumb and I don't like it.
There's literally no reason to abduct you since if you perform a roleblock then you're not performing the night kill.
There's also no reason for you to block Caz since he has no action.
It also leaves him, Toaster, and Tiruin to do whatever they want, which completely boggles my mind since I am of the opinion that they're the three remaining candidates for the final dopp.
I say you and I depart from the plan to do something more productive, like roleblock and abduct makeinu and Toaster.
Yeah sure.  I guess I'll role-block Makeinu and you can abduct Toaster.  I was a bit worried that Makeinu and Toaster were a team but since Imp died that would only leave one dopp left.  If there's still a kill then Makeinu and Toaster certainly didn't do it so we'd lynch Tiruin, the end.

makeinu's plan is dumb and I don't like it.
There's literally no reason to abduct you since if you perform a roleblock then you're not performing the night kill.
There's also no reason for you to block Caz since he has no action.
It also leaves him, Toaster, and Tiruin to do whatever they want, which completely boggles my mind since I am of the opinion that they're the three remaining candidates for the final dopp.
I say you and I depart from the plan to do something more productive, like roleblock and abduct makeinu and Toaster.
Wait maybe I should block Toaster and you abduct Makeinu.  I have a more likely feeling Toaster would be the dopp and I'm not exactly sure how Mind Stealer works.  If you actually abducted the last dopp wouldn't you become a dopp for that day/night cycle?

I'll have the dopp win con, but if I get it I have no intention of keeping it. If I abduct the last dopp, the only way to get at him is to wait for him to come back, which gives me time to find a new wincon, or lynch me, which leaves a dopp free to roam around at night. I think everyone will go with the former option.

I should be safe, whoever I target.
Alright I'll do Makeinu then.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 23, 2013, 09:30:44 pm »

Imp, did you switch to DarkStar to prevent a Max lynch?

She covers that in dopp chat. I won't quote it, as it's Imp-sized.

PMs really make this game more interesting, and I enjoyed working with Tiruin and people.

PMs change the whole game.

ToonyMan, Jim, I wouldn't have blamed you a bit, afterwards.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 23, 2013, 09:37:14 pm »

I feel bad for doubting Tiruin now :(
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 23, 2013, 09:39:05 pm »

Oh right, as a final point I'll state that an infallible alignment cop is an even bigger problem in a game with PMs.  The cop can send his results to the person he just inspected and not reveal his own identity.

Well imagine this Tiruin, there's a murder in a closed room and the only person in there during that time was you.  It doesn't matter who the true culprit was, if everybody else has an alibi but you and the alien (who was actually the true culprit) who can we possibly put blame on?  Somebody is the culprit, after all.
I would put the blame on a third party using an unknown remote murder method X.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 09:41:40 pm by Leafsnail »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 23, 2013, 09:41:49 pm »

Yes I know but but..but it was how you guys out the culprit out! I mean..it was like that to me..or maybe because I felt unjustified by the crowd :S

I feel bad for doubting Tiruin now :(
It was all my fault! DX You were right to doubt me and...I felt attacked and..did that! But I also felt justified that people weren't building up cases...but then I'd have to be lynched tomorrow seeing the lack of a kill-to-me- today..explaining that kind of work...but I guess I was frustrated at the process how I'm being outed instead and thanks Toaster for that sorry but arghghgh.
>_<
Yeah I get it and oops.

Also reading the scumchat..Reply #214 really is funny. (..yep, makeinu really did transfer to Town recently so I..had nobody else to pull but Toaster.)..:P
Scum chat was an awesome read.
Yes. Yes it was. Imp was just as how I predicted Imp to be. An "evil" and awesome villain that I aspire to be one day! :D
But in all seriousness...I'm being read as easily as a pane of glass..and its 99% foolproof ._.
Wow Imp.
Also I like those music additions you posted there. :P
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 09:44:36 pm by Tiruin »

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 23, 2013, 09:49:37 pm »

Oh right, as a final point I'll state that an infallible alignment cop is an even bigger problem in a game with PMs.  The cop can send his results to the person he just inspected and not reveal his own identity.

Aaaaaaand there you hit on THE problem with games on the forum where I learned to play. That, and the fact that they don't know how to scum-hunt without PMs and meta tells.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 23, 2013, 09:51:23 pm »

So yes I felt labeled because nobody bothered to even link or quote anything against me. >_>

I quoted and linked against you, frequently. I just wasn't pressing the case as I might normally have done because the point was to just push you, so I was a lot more haphazard than thorough. Because at that point, the only case I could see was you or Toaster as scum hiding in plain sight.
Oh man, you don't know how much I was pondering that sudden twist of your attitude back there..Smooth detective, is all I can say.

Aaaaaaand there you hit on THE problem with games on the forum where I learned to play. That, and the fact that they don't know how to scum-hunt without PMs and meta tells.
He didn't do this however (or..didn't sound like he did it to me--the infallible part) because he..still had space for scrutiny. That, or I didn't really bother to check back as I was wavering on makeinu. Still didn't look like PMs did play a huge role here (the suspense is obvious..).

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 23, 2013, 09:56:04 pm »

This game was great for the town and just sad for the dopps. No mislynches at all, and not even any dopp kills  :(.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 23, 2013, 09:56:20 pm »

The one thing that potentially weakens the power of the mindstealer as a supercop is the possibility of a betrayal, but the role has very little reason to do so if the game is going well (and it probably is going well if the town has a supercop).
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 10:01:05 pm by Leafsnail »

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 23, 2013, 10:01:02 pm »

Oh man, you don't know how much I was pondering that sudden twist of your attitude back there..Smooth detective, is all I can say.

Imp's reaction in dopp chat was what I was shooting for. Just this side of scummy so I don't get lynched, but too close to the line to be seen as a threat to the scum worthy of the night kill.

It'll never work again here.

The one thing that potentially weakens the power of the mindstealer as a supercop is the possibility of a betrayal, but the role has very little reason to do so if the game is going well.

Even that isn't a real threat played the way Jim played it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 3 brings death and release
« Reply #779 on: December 23, 2013, 10:11:47 pm »

Sorry, Tiruin.  I didn't admit the possibility that SBC was simply a Dopp.  But beyond that, yeah, it simply had to be you if it wasn't him.  That's why no one was attacking your arguments and words- there wasn't anything you said or did to attack.

2. It can perfectly divine the alignment of a player every night.  That makes it a supercop that can both create confirmed townies and condemn scum.

This, I think, is its biggest issue.  It simply does too much.

Ok, I'll come out with it. Part of the reasons I've been 'defensive' (yeah I don't like the general use of this term anymore ._. is there anyway we can redefine the 'scumtell'-defensive and the general being-defensive?) was that..well, I did pity kittycat when we finished talking and I -did- offer him neutral PM advice. Though that advice was more skewed on him being an Alien, it also poked at 'what to do when you've to do stuff with your role and tell others about it'.

If it makes you feel better, I started typing out an accusation to you at one point for being defensive, then backed it out since you're always defensive.

Toony:  Can't say I blame you for me.  I wasn't at all cleared... but Makeinu was screamingly obvtown, really.  Just look at DarkStar's non-case on her D1- this is the same way I figured out RangerCado was town in Magic Mafia.

SBC:  Remember this?

Makeinu: I see a possible explanation for the "two shields" bit, but I'm not going to say what it is until Mr. Cat comes forward and corrects his claim.

The correct answer was "Alien Survivor" with a natural mind shield.  If you had claimed that, not only would I have bought it at first, I would have tried to help you win.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 55