Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Competitive dwarf fortress version 2  (Read 4515 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive dwarf fortress version 2
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 01:47:21 pm »

Everyone, listen up:

There was a slight error in how I inputted the files, so if anyone started we are going to have to restart.  my apologies to everyone, and the new save will be up shortly.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 10:06:46 am »

Everyone, listen up:

There was a slight error in how I inputted the files, so if anyone started we are going to have to restart.  my apologies to everyone, and the new save will be up shortly.

Have you done this yet?
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 10:17:43 am »

Sorry, won't happen until later this afternoon. My sincerest apologies to everyone.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2013, 10:19:04 am »

Actually, just use the old save, elephants wonky have trunks and that's it. I missed putting one file in.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2013, 05:23:36 am »

Er.. okay then. I'll keep that in mind when i encounter some elephants.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2013, 11:01:54 pm »

I know you are busy with a lot of games 4mask, but is the save for this likely to be inbound?  I'm just trying to gauge how much I have signed up for and a few plans of my own.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 11:02:52 pm »

The save was posted previously, just use that one.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2013, 12:59:56 am »

Alright, here's the save:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8183
The embark is pretty nice, heavily forested in part of it and mountainous in the other, with flux and sand.  I gave you these advantages for a reason: you'll need them.  It's fort defense basic with spawn of holistic.  Not fun, to say the least.
On the contrary, it's likely to be very fun! (Or perhaps even !!FUN!!)

Laserhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 07:44:58 pm »

I'll give this one a shot myself. I like the idea.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 07:53:58 pm »

Yeah, does anyone have any updates to post.  I'd prefer yearly updates.

Laserhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 08:16:44 pm »

Personal Journal of Zefon Gikutsakzul, acting expedition leader of the Glazes of Aging

First of Granite, 126

The wagon's a loss. Slid down a snowbank as we were crossing a mountain, then the snowbank came crashing down after. Most of the supplies are gone, and the expedition leader too. I guess that means we're here. I don't know where here is, other than that I'm apparently allergic to it.

On the plus side, we did manage to save some critical supplies, and the wreckage of the wagon can be broken up for wood. Dwarves can survive anywhere. Dwarves can survive here. I'm confident.

The others seem to be looking to me for guidance. I'm not really the leader type, but I suppose that doesn't really matter now. There's only one direction we can go. We strike the earth.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 09:03:54 pm »

Working on the masterwork fortress I'm posting has taken up most of my free time, when not playing turns.  So I'm not sure when I'll get to this map.

Laserhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2013, 09:41:34 pm »

Diary of Urvad Sazirnefek, Lord High Hole Digger of the Glazes of Aging

First of Slate, 126

It has been a month since the avalanche that stranded us here. Don't get me wrong, I love a good thrill, but when all we could dig out were a pick and an anvil, I figured we were all going to die. Then that Zefod woman handed me the pick and told me to strike the earth. I don't like being bossed around like that, but she seemed to have a plan, and I wasn't going to fight over it. So the earth I struck.

I dug a narrow tunnel into the rock face at the base of the mountain, and carved out a small chamber. Nothing fancy, but at least it is under stone. Even found some hematite, for all the good that will do us.

The others were busy while I was down there. Each time I popped my head out it seemed like there was something new going on. At first everybody was collecting local plants, prickle berries and strawberries and such. Apparently while I was digging more space somebody set up a smelter, because that scrawny guy, Kel, came in and grabbed a lump of hematite and next thing I know they're all going at the trees with iron axes. By the time I'm finished with the hole they've got the immediate surroundings cleared, produced some wine (priorities, eh?), and are working on beds.

Just in time, too. I think Kel and Likot are an item. Considering he's the only guy in our party, I guess it is a good thing I'm open-minded to new ideas.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 06:39:09 pm by Laserhead »

Laserhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 11:02:33 pm »

Letter from Atir Naniriteb, Slayer of Trees of the Glazes of Aging

1st of Felsite, 126

Dear Ma,

Not sure if Ill ever get a chance to send this, but I said Id write so Im writing anyway. Weve been in this place for 2 months now. Starting to feel like home I guess. They said it would be scary but its not. Scaryest thing we seen was a skunk. If anythings gonna kill us its gonna be that moron Zefon. She was pretty good right when we got here but last week she took our one bit of leather from the mule and made it into a bag. A freaking bag! Theres only so much mule to go around, and how are we gonna hunt with a bag eh? Are we supposed to carry bolts in our hands? That would be as dumb as using my tree axe to kill something. So much for skunk stew. We gave her the job of counting all of our supplies because she's such a freaking moron.

Ive been good though, chopping down lots of trees. We get to choose our titles here so I went with Slayer of Trees. I might change it later though. Zefon wanted to build a big wall (she keeps calling it a paling but idk it looks like a big wood wall to me) so we did that and its nice I guess. It is open on one side but it kinda gives us our own little space. Speaking of space I heard Urvad talking about digging some more space for us which is good because the chamber is a little crowded.

Anyway I should go, those trees arent going to chop themselves.

~Atir

(Seriously, evil weather? Shambling undead? I was expecting zombie crows to show up and start pecking peoples brains out and I get some owls and a skunk.)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 06:39:44 pm by Laserhead »
Pages: 1 [2] 3