Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: You are the Harbinger of the Apocalypse: A Suggestion Game  (Read 6322 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
You are the Harbinger of the Apocalypse: A Suggestion Game
« on: November 27, 2013, 09:28:28 pm »

You've had some pretty crazy dreams before, but nothing like this. You're sitting on your couch, contemplating whether or not to browse the web for job advertisements again when a short and stocky young man in a pinstripe suit waltzes through door and flops down on the couch beside you. You open your mouth to protest, but the man snaps his fingers and you find that your mouth has been replaced with a closed zipper, much like something out of a cartoon.

"Look, I don't mean to be as rude as I'm probably seeming right now, but I'm running low on time and this will be a hell of a lot faster if you keep quiet while I explain what's going on. My name's Benny, and I'm the head of scheduling for the powers that be. I'm also about to lose my job and subjected to a fate worse than death if I don't fix everything that I screwed up. You see, a few weeks ago, the Four Horsemen asked for a century and a half of paid vacation, and I figured "Oh, why the hell not, you guys really deserve a break after what you did with the entire 20th century". So I give them a break, only to find out about a week later that the apocalypse has finally been announced. Had the damn bosses not kept the thing so secret and come up with all of those fakes like the Mayan Calendar thing to throw people off, this never would have happened, but the matter stands that you can't have an apocalypse without the horsemen, and I'm the poor bastard who scheduled their leave. So I get called up to see the bosses, they threaten me with all sorts of crazy shit, and then make me an offer. If I can get another horseman, just one, and have them do a decent job, I get off scot free, and even get to keep my invitation to the apocalypse after-party. Now, if you haven't guessed it by now, I want YOU to be that horseman. You don't actually need a horse or anything, you've just gotta... here, the paperwork does a better job explaining it than I do, and I've gotta get going before I piss anyone off more than I already have."

Benny hands you a single sheet of paper before rolling off the couch and leaving through the door. On the paper is the following:

Congratulations, mortal! You have been specially selected to be the new harbinger of the end times! In order to receive your new title and powers, please answer the following questions.

What is your name?

Are you male or female?

How old are you?

What is your desired sphere of power1?

1: Due to the upcoming apocalypse, the powers that be are conserving their strength and will be unable to grant any spheres of considerable power. Requests for anything more powerful than papercuts or internet spam will most likely be denied.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: You are the Harbinger of the Apocalypse: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 09:58:45 pm »

We are Alex Raman
We are a 19 y/o male
Our desired power is destruction.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 11:30:31 pm »

Name: Eric Skeith
SoP: Nihilism

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 10:50:43 pm »

You briefly wonder what the hell you must have taken before you slept before filling out the form:

Congratulations, mortal! You have been specially selected to be the new harbinger of the end times! In order to receive your new title and powers, please answer the following questions.

What is your name? Alex Skeith

Are you male or female? Male

How old are you? 20

What is your desired sphere of power1? Destruction

1: Due to the upcoming apocalypse, the powers that be are conserving their strength and will be unable to grant any spheres of considerable power. Requests for anything more powerful than papercuts or internet spam will most likely be denied.
[/sub]

The paper vanishes instantly as you complete it, and you suddenly find yourself in bed, your alarm clock blaring next to you. You reach to turn it off, only to have it fall apart into a sparking pile of plastic and wire. Well then, it looks like that dream might have meant something after all. You get up and dress yourself before heading to the kitchen for some cereal and finding a neatly-typed note stapled to your cupboard.

Hey, this is Benny. So I kinda slipped up last night and forgot to hand you the guide that came with that form. It vanished as soon as you filled out the last bit though, so I can't get it for you now. But there's no need to worry; I remember enough of it that I can give you a few pointers, or at least an idea of how your power works. To put things very simply (you can tell I'm short on time again, can't you? Bosses weren't too happy about me forgetting the guide), you need to destroy things in order to gain influence, which will allow you to use magic and destroy even bigger things, gaining even more influence to wreak even more havoc. It might sound a bit weird, but it works well in practice. Also, I have a goal for you besides destruction. FIND A DAMNED JOB! I poked through your mail a bit before I left, and it looks like you're about to be kicked out of your apartment if you don't make rent this month. If your power grows enough for you to make yourself a public figure, we can't have you living on the streets. I've arranged for someone to come over at six tonight to help you out with that though, so I suggest that you spend most of today focusing on destruction.

Well then, you think to yourself as you open the cupboard and pour yourself a bowl of frosted mini-wheats. It's nine in the morning now. What are you going to do until six?
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 06:16:44 am »

Start running through the city, kicking people over, smashing in windows with rocks and trampling over well guarded school projects. If we find an emotional weakling, try destroying their dreams with your silver tongue.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 06:28:46 am »

Start running through the city, kicking people over, smashing in windows with rocks and trampling over well guarded school projects. If we find an emotional weakling, try destroying their dreams with your silver tongue.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 06:56:30 pm »

Yes, but let's hope we aren't arrested.
10/10.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 07:07:41 pm »

Yes, but let's hope we aren't arrested.
yeah you should buy some chairs to break first so you have some magic to defend yourself with explosions.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 10:27:38 am »

Does this qualify for a bump? I think so.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 07:09:32 pm »

((So somehow the GM himself missed the fact that this had updated. I should probably put it in my bookmarks bar :P))

Quickly finishing your breakfast, you step outside into the city of Jackson. You've lived in Jackson for about as long as you can remember, although it was only recently that you moved into your current abode; a tiny apartment which somehow manages to be beside the worst parts of both the industrial and university districts, even though you are neither employed nor attending college. You decide to begin your rampage in the university district, partly because there's more stuff to break there and partly because you're a bit jealous from not having the grades or money to get in. Picking up a large rock from the gardens, you head to a nice-looking dorm and proceed to smash one of the windows apart, earning a chorus of screams from the four young women inside, as well as an interesting feeling which you can only assume is that influence stuff that Benny told you about. You manage to smash through a few more windows with similar results (both in terms of influence and screaming co-eds) before you hear the shrill wail of a siren and spot a police car pulling into a nearby parking lot, no doubt to put a stop to your smashing spree.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 07:25:11 pm »

Try to use this power to take down the police and escape
10/10.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 08:06:39 pm »

Let's be more specific. No need for a sledgehammer wasting all our power when a nice little scalpel does the trick.

Use our power to rupture the tires of the police cars before absconding. If they still pursue, use the power to sever major arteries and nerves in the pursuing officers--say, the pulmonary or cardiac arteries, or the superior mesenteric plexus.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 07:11:45 am »

Let's be more specific. No need for a sledgehammer wasting all our power when a nice little scalpel does the trick.

Use our power to rupture the tires of the police cars before absconding. If they still pursue, use the power to sever major arteries and nerves in the pursuing officers--say, the pulmonary or cardiac arteries, or the superior mesenteric plexus.
+1

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 07:29:08 am »

That's some very specific destruction there. I dearly hope this will end up with us destroying the sun.
Also, it's the first turn and the police are already after us.  Bravo.  Once we're done here, I say we use our powers to destroy all evidence of us being responsible.
You have to kill your son or nuke the commonwealth.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 08:12:46 am »

That's some very specific destruction there. I dearly hope this will end up with us destroying the sun.
I hope not. Then the game will be over. Once the sun's gone, we've probably got eight, nine minutes before we get hit with the debris, and even if not there's only so long before the world freezes and starves. Either way, our work here is done.

Also, it's the first turn and the police are already after us.  Bravo.  Once we're done here, I say we use our powers to destroy all evidence of us being responsible.
How? Kill everyone that saw us here?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: [1] 2 3