Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: The Court of Colors | Renascence | Town Win  (Read 114423 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: Day 2 has begun | Act II: Unraveling
« Reply #285 on: January 10, 2014, 11:36:31 am »

Unvote, your vote was the most likely to be a busvote.

Nerjin, please don't lurk. We currently have no information from you, other than that both you and makeinu voted Sinlessmoon about the same time.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 10, 2014, 11:38:20 am »

Unvote, your vote was the most likely to be a busvote.

Nerjin, please don't lurk. We currently have no information from you, other than that both you and makeinu voted Sinlessmoon about the same time.
Ninja'd by the man himself, so I'm going to vote Jembot and tell him to please be active instead.

Jembot: Please be active.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 10, 2014, 01:23:45 pm »

Nerjin: So you say you read through our posts? Did you actually read through our posts? Since I voted him for that. Yes. But if you didn't see, I stayed on him for multiple reasons, that kept compounding as the game went on.

So...

Persus: Why did you end up voting Makeinu? Which part brought you there?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 10, 2014, 02:36:43 pm »

I voted Makeinu shortly after Mastahcheese did.

Makeinu: You're voting SBC for playing differences, missing things, and for lazy scumhunting.

Only the lazy scumhunting thing is something I see as a scumtell, and SBC's "question" did seem like a sly poke at you more than anything else. the fact you've been deflecting mastahcheese's concerns and didn't really answer the question yet claim you thought it was a real question don't really help your case.

Mastahcheese had a pretty good case against Makeinu, which convinced me as scum, and Makeinu also seemed to be changing his motivations every post. He was being very slippery and so I voted him.

Who do you think is Makeinu's buddy?
Sigtext

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 10, 2014, 06:35:40 pm »

Obviously, both the ICs are scum!

BURN THEM!

Unvote. Jembot

Since we have another ML, I say burn the lurker.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 10, 2014, 08:11:00 pm »

[And then more flavor because Mod is confused on the structure of things now x3
Mmm, short summary: Immersion.]

• Superblackcat -
  • mastahcheese -
  • Sinlessmoon -
  • Jembot - Persus13, Superblackcat
  • Persus13 -
  • Pufferfish -
  • MyOwnWorstEnemy -
  • Nerjin -
  • Not Voting: Y'all 'cept for those two.

Day 2 has begun and will end at January 15, 2013 [Wednesday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

3 votes needed to extend the day
5 votes needed to shorten the day
There are two possible extensions remaining today.

Praise be, for zombie urist's LurkerTracker!

Jembot, SInlessmoon and Pufferfish have been prodded.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 08:13:28 pm by Tiruin »

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 10, 2014, 11:01:06 pm »

I'd rather scum be active, I can see why lurkers could be dangerous, but on one hand; they might just be busy. I was lurking just because I wasn't really sure of how to initiate myself. Now however, you can see that I'm not lurking and creating an informative posts. (Relatively. :P )

I fixed that for you. Most of your posts have been very passive or saying that “I’m reading the threat” as I stated before. But you’re starting to improve so I won’t hold it against you too much. How about some more good posts?

I'm in agreement that I'm rather passive, but as I'm just starting out with all of this I'm not really sure what I should be doing. :P

Unfortunately I don't have all that much time to post more than every once in awhile, luckily now I have a bit more time but with school and stuff reaching Its apex with exams; I don't exactly have much free time.   :-\

So far, the two players on my watch list are Makeinu, and Superblackcat. Both seem equally suspicious in the way they seem to be incredibly pro-lynch.
As god damn well they should be! Lynching is, once again, TOWN’S ONLY POWER IN THIS GAME! Without a lynch we lose while we let mafia pick us off one by one.

I'm going to go ahead and partially agree with this. Yes; lynching is the only power that the town have, but they shouldn't just throw it around, Its like waving a loaded gun and hoping that when you shoot its the not the imposter that is trying to convince you that they are the real person.

You saw that Makeinu the person that was so pro-lynch turned out to be mafia, the problem with the Town's only weapon... It can be easily used against them.

Still not active enough for my liking. He’s active-lurking right now with one pretty decent post. I implore you to keep posting stuff like that.

I'll do my best to post more.

•Sinlessmoon - You're doing better about being active, hopefully the new day will inspire you to draw conclusions and ask questions. Can't get a good read yet. Kinda feeling a town vibe, though.

Thank you, I've definitely been trying and have been enjoying playing this game with you all.  :D

Hrm.... So one of the conclusions I'm drawing is that Jembot is a mafia and doesn't happen to be playing at all, another would be that the mafia's target was protected (which is obvious enough). Trying to figure out without lynching a town will be difficult. I guess we just watch and see (When I say we, I mostly mean me. :P ).

Now, my turn to ask questions!

Superblackcat: Who is your most untrusted and trusted player in this game, and why?

MOWE: Same question as SuperBlackCat's.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 10, 2014, 11:35:48 pm »

Sinlessmoon:

Most untrusted: Persus. Seriously. He voted me, claimed I bussed makeinu, and then switched his vote twice for whatever reason. He seems to be flailing about and that bothers me.

Most trusted: Mastahcheese, although this doesn't necessarily mean I'll blindly follow him. As I stated before he seems like strong town. Yes, I'm aware of the fact that there's a possibility he's scum, but of the active players, I trust his judgement the most.

Oh, and Nerjin:

Yes. My only case on Jembot was his lurking and that random question, if you can call it a case. The vote was purely for  pressure. When it didn't seem to be working and he seemed to have a legit reason for not posting, I took the vote back and moved on.

((Phone shouldn't be a problem after Monday. :) Figured y'all would want to know!))
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 10, 2014, 11:49:09 pm »

I think I'll go ahead and say this.
The very first time I got suspicious of Makeinu was before I started pressing him, but actually when I drew suspicion on Sinlessmoon for lurking, and he instantly voted for him. Which sounds to me like he was hoping for an easy lurker-lynch.
So based on that, I'm fairly certain the Sinlessmoon is town.
He also attempted multiple times to press attention to SBC, so I'm fairly sure that SBC is town.
*After me looking back through*
He also pressured us to go after Jembot quite a bit. Like, quite a lot more than I remembered. Now I'm kind of thinking that Jembot would have been another of Makeinu's lurk-lynch targets.

Oooh, though... I will ask the same question of you, Persus. And, do you think we'll see anywhere near as easy a victory as in Paranormal 23?
This question... When read under the knowledge of Makeinu being scum, the working seems almost... chummy.
I'm suspicious of this, now. But for multiple reasons, drawing to multiple conclusions. This is a WIFOM loaded statement, now.

[1] Addendum: Since it is now Day 2 it might be a good idea to go back and see who voted whom and why. I would also recommend at least skimming the entirety of day 1 again to see if something sticks out.
-snip-
[2] That right there was beautiful. I didn’t even catch it until after the lynch. Good job on that one.
-snip-
[3] Done and somewhat done. I have some more stuff to say about the second but I’m going to wait until the person is dead before I say that stuff.
-snip-
[4] Pretty damn good for a first timer. Are you sure you’ve not played other places before? That being said don’t let it go to your head. I’m getting a pretty good town-read from you.
[1] Working on this as I'm writing this.
[2] Well, thank you, I was actually thinking of the way you always tell us to use "every weapon at our disposal" when I wrote that.
[3] I'll be waiting for your continuation to that.
[4] I'm positive I've never played this before, but I think it's really fun. And I know, I keep expecting myself to make mistakes.

OK. Re-read complete, and dang it, now my head is swimming with too many possibilities.
My reads now as they stand.

•Superblackcat - You and Makeinu just went after each other too much for me to believe that you two are scum buddies, unless you two were both amazing at it. I'm pretty certain you're town.
•Sinlessmoon - Makeinu tried pretty hard at times to get you killed, and if we didn't get that day extension, you very well might be. I think you're town.
•Jembot - As much as you're lurking, the fact that Makeinu attempted, not just once, but multiple times, to switch the focus to you makes you seem a little bit more trustworthy in my eyes. I think you're town.
•Persus13 - You and him also got at odds quite a bit. He seemed to enjoy attempts at striking you down, and you to fight back. I say you're town.
•Pufferfish - DANG IT, pufferfish, I'm sorry, but after the re-read, we keep forgetting you're there, and amazingly, Makeinu didn't try to direct our attention to you, unlike almost everyone else. I'm sorry, but this makes you look scummy. Either you're lurking scum, or you're just useless to us right now. Vote Pufferfish
•MyOwnWorstEnemy - I've had some suspicions about you at times, but at the end of the (game) day, I think you're a townie.
•Nerjin - You're busy, anyone can see that, but I really wish you'd post more. I'm saying you're town, because I have the feeling that if you were scum, you'd be twisting our every thought every way to drive us insane, and you certainly wouldn't forget to send in a NK target. I say town.

I'm saying it's pufferfish. I don't have the strongest argument on that, but right now, it's the best I've got.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 11, 2014, 12:01:10 am »

Trusted: Mastah
Untrusted: Sin.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 11, 2014, 12:30:05 am »

Alright, so since were doing reads, I'll do mine.

All players, from Town to Scumlike
Mastahcheese-Playing well, helped lead Makeinu lynch, pretty confident is town
SBC-warred with makeinu D1, led makeinu lynch, also pretty confident is town
MOWE-Don't really understand why he hasn't trusted me for the entire game, but voted makeinu, and it didn't really look like a bus. He seems fairly town, even if I disagree with him on what a scumtell is.
Sinlessmoon-seems to be trying to play, and the fact that makeinu seemed to be going for lynching him means I think he may be town
Nerjin-not sure what to think about him. He's been lurking, and has been posting well, but he also voted Sinlessmoon like makeinu. Null read
Jembot-Wish he would post, thinking scum
Puff-also reading scum because of lurking.

The fact that no one besides Makeinu put forward an alternative to Makeinu being lynched in any way, leads me to believe that either Jembot, Puff, or Nerjin is our last scum player.

Tiruin:
What's the deal with Pufferfish? Do you know why he's lurking? This doesn't seem normal for him.

Most untrusted: Persus. Seriously. He voted me, claimed I bussed makeinu, and then switched his vote twice for whatever reason. He seems to be flailing about and that bothers me.
So, your suspicious of a guy that voted you, then unvoted when you gave a good answer? Here's the thing, your vote on Makeinu was one of the last and came at a time when it seemed like scum would have most likely have voted their buddy to get some town cred. So I pressure voted you and asked you your reasons behind your vote. If you were scum, you might have gotten scared and messed up, or changed the reason why you voted because it was a lie. I unvoted you because you gave a good answer, and also to pursue my top targets, which were the three major lurkers at that moment. This is called pressure voting, and it's a scumhunting strategy that I recommend you should use as well.

I think I'll go ahead and say this.
The very first time I got suspicious of Makeinu was before I started pressing him, but actually when I drew suspicion on Sinlessmoon for lurking, and he instantly voted for him. Which sounds to me like he was hoping for an easy lurker-lynch.
So based on that, I'm fairly certain the Sinlessmoon is town.
He also attempted multiple times to press attention to SBC, so I'm fairly sure that SBC is town.
*After me looking back through*
He also pressured us to go after Jembot quite a bit. Like, quite a lot more than I remembered. Now I'm kind of thinking that Jembot would have been another of Makeinu's lurk-lynch targets.
I'd prefer it if you could link to some posts, particularly the stuff related to you and makeinu being suspicious of Sinlessmoon.

That's all you got? No reasons or anything? And why are you so suspicious of Sinlessmoon? The fact that makeinu tried to get him lynched says a lot to me about whether or not he's town. You're currently voting Jembot, do you have any reason to think he's scum?
Sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 11, 2014, 12:43:03 am »

I'd prefer it if you could link to some posts, particularly the stuff related to you and makeinu being suspicious of Sinlessmoon.
Ah, yes.
I'll go retrieve those.

My first post of suspicion to SLM.
Sinlessmoon: Your profile shows you as having been last active at 03:15:59 pm today, after this game started at 10:40:09 am, and you have yet to make your first reply. Please explain yourself.

So as to make you not need to go back to find my earlier question, I'll put it here, as well.
Sinlessmoon - You're a cop on day 2, the person you examined the night before was the doctor, and they're lurking. Do you try to get them to be more active to keep them alive? How would you go about doing this without starting a bandwagon on them?
In addition, here is Nerjin's blanket question to all of us.
What is your experience with mafia? Also, which role would you most want to have and why?

I have checked Jembot and Pufferfish as well, but they both fail to show activity after the game's start, so I can wait.

Then makeinu voting him.
Oi! Sinlessmoon!!

Think you might play this time? We'd love to have you.
Re-reading, He actually did make a post to someone else's question a while before he posted this, so it wasn't immediate but he was the first to vote him.

Nerjin then defended SLM with this.
A quick step-in here for all of you about lurking: Life happens. It is sort of rude to assume someone's lurking the day the game starts. I, for one, feel that lurking begins at around the time that they haven't posted for two Days.

With makeinu's reply.
Normally, I agree with that, Nerjin, and I was schooled on that by Jim Groovester in Paranormal 23. However, Sinlessmoon is pulling the same behavior as from that same game here.

If he doesn't want to play, that's fine. But signing up, then not showing up while actively posting elsewhere is not cool. Especially in a BM, where the loss of one player to non-participation is very costly.

later, makeinu continued to subtly point out SLM.
Sinlessmoon:

Hi again. Do you feel like playing today?

You yourself then asked him about his vote, with his reply.
Makeinu: How's your Sinlessmoon vote going. Why are you voting him now given that that strategy utterly failed last game in terms of getting him to play?

Like shit, obviously, in terms of getting him to play... but I lack a better target for my vote right now, and we don't have another replacement lined up. Unless Imp can join, that is. So, policy lynch at this point.

After all that was when we started pressing him, so he went off that topic.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 11, 2014, 01:36:32 am »

That's all you got? No reasons or anything? And why are you so suspicious of Sinlessmoon? The fact that makeinu tried to get him lynched says a lot to me about whether or not he's town. You're currently voting Jembot, do you have any reason to think he's scum?

Well... mastah lead the lynch before it was popular. so that's why I think he's town.

Sin is here, but he's not participating. And right now, with the activity, it is perfect for that kind of lurker play.

Also, did you have to Persus? Why couldn't you let him poke at it!

I'm voting Jembot to get him to come back

Tiruin, If by Monday, none of them reply (Jem and Puffer) can we get replacements?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 11, 2014, 07:39:41 pm »

Also, did you have to Persus? Why couldn't you let him poke at it!
Because I felt like poking at it. I like people to actually scumhunt besides just listing who they suspect.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 11, 2014, 11:41:39 pm »

Tiruin, If by Monday, none of them reply (Jem and Puffer) can we get replacements?
I..err, asked Imp--she's totally fine with replacing in, however I am waiting until Monday 9pm, GMT +8 to ensure the force-replacement. I will give Imp free reign to check on who she wants to replace (Jem/Puffin).

Only vote change is Master Cheese voting for Pufferfish. Also I hit writer's block. >:I
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38