Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: The Court of Colors | Renascence | Town Win  (Read 113090 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Beginner's Mafia XLIV: Day 3 has begun | Act III: To War
« Reply #420 on: January 18, 2014, 10:33:47 pm »

"...Did I mention I don't fare well with dates? Erm, apologies again..."
--Tiruin, on a Tuesday.

• Superblackcat -
  • Sinlessmoon -
  • Imp -
  • Persus13 -
  • MyOwnWorstEnemy -
  • Nerjin -
  • Not Voting: You six.

Day 3 has begun and will end on January 24, 2013 [Friday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

3 votes needed to extend the day
4 votes needed to shorten the day
There are two possible extensions remaining today. 

Praise be, for zombie urist's LurkerTracker!

mastahcheese has been killed! He was a Vanilla Townsman!

The Court has set the stage, and you play one of the roles of the Light. Taking the role of a being of Color, you resemble the aspect of vibrance, variance and symbolism deep within the weave of society. The role of the simple Color is always related to the meaning given to the environment, giving an interpretation to the different aspects of the tangible world. Your role is simple, utilizing only the mind in your play, but nevertheless important.

Inexperience is one characteristic that often shows, yet as an aspect of Earth, you should take heed to observe first before acting. Those around you may have ulterior motives, yet this does not stop one such as you in your path for knowledge. The pantheon of Light is forgiving, yet you should remember to stand by your beliefs, or be open-minded for correction. As they say, a rolling stone gathers no moss, and an idle stone is open to the elements.

You are of the Town Faction.

Wincondition: You win when all members of the Mafia faction have been eliminated.

I'm told that I'm allowed one "bah" post, so here it goes.

While I freely admit that the cop claim was a horrible idea, I can only say "I told you so".  Had you people believed me, there may have been a no-lynch, resulting in one fewer town dead.

That said, you all did the right thing, looking back on it, so I don't hold it against you.  The cop claim, particularly in that context, was a bad choice and a possible scumtell.

GO TOWN!  BEAT MAFIA!
>_>
You 'bah' at day. I had to leave this unlocked because of my... net.

Silly 4maskwolf. :P

~~~

Enjoy day start!
I've just been held up by...other stuff.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 04:47:54 am by Tiruin »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: Day 3 has begun | Act III: To War
« Reply #421 on: January 21, 2014, 07:43:54 am »

Just a little tip to scum: Lack of active players makes it easier to win. BUT it makes the game boring, bland, and unforgettable. Yeah, lurking your way to victory will make it, y'know, easy but you'll feel much better about your victory if you win against people who are actually doing something.

That being said: Everyone should reread [at the very least skim] Days 1 and 2.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 21, 2014, 07:50:10 am »

Mastahcheese being killed proves my theory. There was no NK before because no one was there to carry it out. I highly doubt there is a jailkeeper at this point because I'm sure they would have protected mastahcheese. He was still our strongest member so either there is no jailkeeper, or they messed up big time. Imp and Nerjin, what are your views on this theory? Why do you think things worked out the way they have?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 21, 2014, 09:13:40 am »

I'd like to apologize to 4maskwolf. I should have taken some time to think over your claim, but instead I already had you pegged as scum because of you and Pufferfish's earlier actions, and when you claimed, the way you did it made me think you were scum fakeclaiming. I hope you continue to play Mafia in a better environment.

Mastahcheese being killed proves my theory. There was no NK before because no one was there to carry it out. I highly doubt there is a jailkeeper at this point because I'm sure they would have protected mastahcheese. He was still our strongest member so either there is no jailkeeper, or they messed up big time. Imp and Nerjin, what are your views on this theory? Why do you think things worked out the way they have?
That doesn't necessarily prove your theory, it just gives more evidence indicating that possibility of it. And that doesn't necessarily rule out the  existence of the jailkeeper. If I was the jailkeeper and there was no Night Kill and one scum left one night, I'd block that same person the next night.

Imp: Who are top scum suspicions?
SBC: Same with you, who are your top suspects going into D3.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 21, 2014, 01:12:35 pm »

Posting in a terrible rush, on my way to work then school, I'll be back late tonight.

Just a little tip to scum: Lack of active players makes it easier to win. BUT it makes the game boring, bland, and unforgettable. Yeah, lurking your way to victory will make it, y'know, easy but you'll feel much better about your victory if you win against people who are actually doing something.

Nerjin, any chance when you reread D1 and D2, that you get around to the D2 questions you completely have ignored all of D2?  Mine but not just mine, and this isn't the first reminder I've made.  When you get around to those questions, I'd also like you to answer this one too:

Why have you been ignoring these questions for so long?  You appear to be completely cherry picking what you do and don't react to, and you are ignoring a lot of the game after 4maskwolf and I entered play.  Why?

MyOwnWorstEnemy

I don't know why there wasn't a N1 kill.  4maskwolf claimed that Pufferfish inspected Mastahcheese N1 which suggests that highly inactive posters may indeed do night actions.  I know my last game with Sinlessmoon (the recent Paranormal), Sinlessmoon was a seriously inactive poster, even less active than here - but he used his night action.

My first BM, Superblackcat was Jailkeeper and I was arguably the strongest player, though there was no Cop to verify me Town.  Superblackcat never once protected me (and I was never picked for the night kill), though I didn't know that until game was over and night actions were posted.  It's easy to know what I would do if I were Jailkeeper, and easy to discuss reasonable play choices, but hard to say what each player is actually going to decide to do in the heat of the moment.  People can try to second guess others' second guesses and all kinds of weird things can happen.

What I do know is if we have a Jailkeeper we should cover that person, and it is not time for that player to roleclaim.  I'm not going to say anything about if I am Jailkeeper or not, or even discuss theoretically what my strategies would have been if I was, because I believe that information would be more useful to Scum than Town.

Persus, could you answer my left over question from D2 too, please?  I realized that I asked it weirdly, so struckthrough and clarified it:

Persus13, Nerjin: please explain your use of shorten in this situation.  Why was getting 4maskwolf lynched as quickly as possible and ending all further chances for information to be gained this day, from anyone more important than ending this day asap getting more information then to you?

Imp: Who are top scum suspicions?

Nerjin and Sinlessmoon are top right now.

Sinlessmoon:  Talk to us.  Your last post:

Yeah, my semester is just ending for me. I don't think I'll replace, but I definitely won't have time for large posts. I will however come and check in on things frequently.

It's been a week.  How close to semester end are you now, are you more free or less?

You didn't interact at all with the 4mask situation, not to ask, answer, or vote.  Your last post was about two days before D2 end.

At this point, just start talking.  Tell us what you think about what is going on, what your suspicions are, what you think about the roleflips and play of the roleflipped, or what you think about each of us still in play with you - pick something that you think is very important about the game and start talking about it and asking questions about it.  What do you think is important in this game?  You're not asking questions, you're not giving any opinions, you're not interacting much on any level about any topic.  Do you have time to make short, content containing posts at least?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 21, 2014, 01:25:51 pm »

Persus, could you answer my left over question from D2 too, please?  I realized that I asked it weirdly, so struckthrough and clarified it:

Persus13, Nerjin: please explain your use of shorten in this situation.  Why was getting 4maskwolf lynched as quickly as possible and ending all further chances for information to be gained this day, from anyone more important than ending this day asap getting more information then to you?
When I voted to shorten it seemed like everyone had made up their minds on what to do that day, and ending the day seemed fine to me. I was wrong, but after that I had a lot of work to do, and didn't realize the situation had changed until day had already ended. I made a bad mistake, and now I'm regretting it.

Also, I almost forgot Sinlessmoon was playing.

Sinlessmoon, seriously, get in here.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 21, 2014, 06:15:39 pm »

It's not like I can say that I wasn't expecting this at least a little bit.

Get to work, you guys.

*Mastahcheese vanishes into thin air, leaving behind pictures of spiders and demands for more flavor text.*
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 22, 2014, 12:27:10 pm »

Extend

Nerjin, I have a theory.  When the game opened, both our ICs found out they were Scum.  Both our ICs, being really nice people who wanted to help their newbies learn how to play but not wanting to wipe the floor with them, kind of 'panicked', said to each other in Scumchat, 'No way are we doing this to our newbies for real', and both decided to do the IC role right but play 'wrong', act Scummy to help teach the newbies what Scummy looks like.  You decided to do one sort of wrongness, the other IC did a different sort.

Is that why you are talking about inactivity, but being inactive?

Are you giving advice to us, but 'backwards'?  Because if you're Town, you're part of the problem that you're talking about.  Except for your interaction with 4maskwolf's claim near the end of D2 you did almost nothing D2.  And now you're doing almost nothing again.

Almost nothing except good IC advice, oh, and telling us that "[the Scum] will feel much better about winning if [the Scum] wins against people who are actually doing something."

Feeling even guiltier about being IC and Scum?  Is it bothering you when you do talk to us, because you are showing us what it looks like when a Scum is "lurking your way to victory will make it, y'know, easy"?

Does this theory hit home to you?  Do you think it's a reasonable theory?  Do you think it's true?

Tiruin:  Do people need prods from the prodgod?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 22, 2014, 01:37:01 pm »

Extend

Nerjin, I have a theory.  When the game opened, both our ICs found out they were Scum.  Both our ICs, being really nice people who wanted to help their newbies learn how to play but not wanting to wipe the floor with them, kind of 'panicked', said to each other in Scumchat, 'No way are we doing this to our newbies for real', and both decided to do the IC role right but play 'wrong', act Scummy to help teach the newbies what Scummy looks like.  You decided to do one sort of wrongness, the other IC did a different sort.
The thing about a theory is that it needs evidence to support it. I don't see any evidence for it, and personally I see Nerjin as town.

Are you giving advice to us, but 'backwards'?  Because if you're Town, you're part of the problem that you're talking about.  Except for your interaction with 4maskwolf's claim near the end of D2 you did almost nothing D2.  And now you're doing almost nothing again.
Maybe his pick for scum is lurking. Like you know, Sinlessmoon.

Feeling even guiltier about being IC and Scum?  Is it bothering you when you do talk to us, because you are showing us what it looks like when a Scum is "lurking your way to victory will make it, y'know, easy"?
Imp, why are you ripping into Nerjin while citing little evidence besides your pet theory? And why would Scum Nerjin do that? Playing against scum playing for real is the only way to discover them.

Does this theory hit home to you?  Do you think it's a reasonable theory?  Do you think it's true?
[/quote]
Sigtext

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 22, 2014, 03:05:45 pm »

Extend

Nerjin: Please play the game. Seriously. What's the issue here?

Sinless: I'm cutting you some slack because I know what it's like to be in your situation. Please get back in ASAP if you would please.

Imp:

MyOwnWorstEnemy

I don't know why there wasn't a N1 kill.  4maskwolf claimed that Pufferfish inspected Mastahcheese N1 which suggests that highly inactive posters may indeed do night actions.  I know my last game with Sinlessmoon (the recent Paranormal), Sinlessmoon was a seriously inactive poster, even less active than here - but he used his night action.

My first BM, Superblackcat was Jailkeeper and I was arguably the strongest player, though there was no Cop to verify me Town.  Superblackcat never once protected me (and I was never picked for the night kill), though I didn't know that until game was over and night actions were posted. It's easy to know what I would do if I were Jailkeeper, and easy to discuss reasonable play choices, but hard to say what each player is actually going to decide to do in the heat of the moment.  People can try to second guess others' second guesses and all kinds of weird things can happen.
[...]

Fair enough. But especially after said strong town member who had been completely against someone who flipped scum and had been for the entire time, one could most likely be assured that they're town, and a strong and active one at that. I'm sure even us beginners understand that's someone worth protecting. AND with no NK, wouldn't the jail keeper be assured that they protected the right person and keep it up?

Persus:

The thing about a theory is that it needs evidence to support it. I don't see any evidence for it, and personally I see Nerjin as town.

What about Nerjin makes you think he's town? He hasn't really played much. Although I'm not sure I buy into Imp's theory, it's certainly possible. I don't think it would be good for any of us if they both went in guns blazing, so this may very well be true. But it's just a theory. Just like my JK theory. Speaking of which...

That doesn't necessarily prove your theory, it just gives more evidence indicating that possibility of it. And that doesn't necessarily rule out the  existence of the jailkeeper. If I was the jailkeeper and there was no Night Kill and one scum left one night, I'd block that same person the next night.

I see. Note to self: Don't post just after waking up. I should have thought about this more. What I actually mean is that this is proof of my theory. I looked back at the OP and there's a possibility that there is no JK. With the evidence provided, I'm convinced that there's a huge chance that there isn't one.

Tiruin: I just noticed that you kept me down as voting for wolf. Is the post where I unvoted invalid? If so, would you like for me to go back and get rid of it?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 22, 2014, 05:20:34 pm »

PFP

Persus, I'm going to give Nerjin a day and a half to answer me before I answer you about what I said to him.  If he hasn't responded by Thursday night, at least to say he needs more time, I'll assume his answer is 'no answer' and go from there.

MyOwnWorstEnemy
Fair enough. But especially after said strong town member who had been completely against someone who flipped scum and had been for the entire time, one could most likely be assured that they're town, and a strong and active one at that. I'm sure even us beginners understand that's someone worth protecting. AND with no NK, wouldn't the jail keeper be assured that they protected the right person and keep it up?

Maybe.  A Jailkeeper can stop a kill two ways, by targeting Scum or the Scum's target.  Either is the right person that first night, but the Scum can pick a different target each night, so the Jailkeeper may or may not be able to prevent later kills by holding their target (if they picked the Scum's target, not the Scum).  However, with just one Scum alive a Jailkeeper is confirming people as being Town, at least to themself, if they target someone and there's still a night kill - whoever was protected could not have done the kill.  We already know that if we have a Jailkeeper, that Jailkeeper did not target either 4maskwolf (4mask was able to inspect) or Mastahcheese (Mastah was able to be inspected) N1.  Maybe that Jailkeeper did pick the same target night 2 as they had picked night 1, but this failed to prevent the N2 kill (this would suggest that the Jailkeeper's target N1 was the Scum target N1, or that there was no Scum target N1, and since there was a night kill, the protected person could not have done it - that protected person is Town, though only the Jailkeeper knows this is proven).

You seem rather interested in the Jailkeeper and if we have one or not.  What benefit do you think discussing the possible Jailkeeper's actions has for Town and/or the Jailkeeper himself, if we have one?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 22, 2014, 09:02:15 pm »

Extend

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 22, 2014, 09:14:27 pm »

Sigtext

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 22, 2014, 09:22:11 pm »

Re-reading Persus.

First off, sorry. Bay12 managed to fall out of my head, and I forgot I had anything to do with anything here.

Secondly

I'm quite mad at myself, for not dropping the vote yesterday against 4mask, when there was obviously no... other cop claims.

But lets take a look at the people who did vote 4mask.

4maskwolf - MyOwnWorstEnemy, Superblackcat, Nerjin,  Persus13

Alright. So, each of you give me why you continued to vote him, when it was pretty obvious there was no other Cop claims.

But we really can't do anything right now but to wait for people to trickle back... or for this game to die.

There is three people still here right now. And I don't feel a real scum feel from any of you.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 22, 2014, 09:47:10 pm »

SBC:

I've stated my 4maskwolf case at least once. My case against him was that he claimed cop for feeling pressured, when it didn't seem like anyone was pressuring him, being suspicious of MOWE and restating SBC's case against MOWE two posts after SBC, and seemed to be acting like new scum fakeclaiming cop.

I've noticed there's been a trend in you asking people about their cases against people. Why do you do this instead of going back through the thread and forming your own conclusions?
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38