Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Psych test: Rank these 7 people from "best" to "worst"  (Read 6492 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Psych test: Rank these 7 people from "best" to "worst"
« on: November 29, 2013, 02:18:42 pm »

Thread rules

1) No insulting other posters
2) If you're angry for any reason, don't post.
3) Post your own response before reading responses from others

The scenario:

Adam and Betty are sitting together at a restaurant. Carrie and Dan are sitting together a few tables away. Betty asks Adam if he thinks Carrie is prettier than she is. Adam looks at Carrie, and agrees that she is. Betty shouts at him, then angrily leaves the restaurant. Carrie overhears this, walks over to Adam and offers to sleep with him. Adam declines. Dan finishes drinking his martini, then gets in his chauffeured limousine and goes home. Carrie leaves in her own car. Betty goes to Edward's house, and has sex with him. After sex, Betty and Edward discuss what happened at the restaurant. Betty goes home. Edward then seeks out Adam and beats him up. On the way home from the hospital Adam happens to see Carrie, and says that he would like to sleep with her now. She declines. Back at the restaurant, Fernando walks in then asks to use the restroom, then takes food from Adam and Betty's table on the way out. It's the only meal he's eaten in two days. Gary is a waiter at the restaurant. He sees Fernando take the food, and says nothing.

What to do

* Rank Adam, Betty, Carrie, Dan, Edward, Fernando and Gary from "best" to "worst." Feel free to quantify "best" and "worst however you'd like, but explain the reasons for your ranking.
 * Regardless of your ranking, state which of these people you would most want to personally be, who you would least want to personally be, and why.

EDIT for mixing up the names.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Psych test: Rank these 7 people from "best" to "worst"
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 03:51:24 pm »

1 Best):  Dan
2) Gary
3) Fernando
4) Betty
5) Adam
6) Carrie
7 Worst) Edward

I'd most rather be Dan:  Its good to be rich and drunk and he doesn't give a fuck.
I'd hate to be Betty, Carrie, Adam or Edward  because they are all assholes and drama-whores.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 04:06:29 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 04:12:44 pm »

• Dan - by the virtue of no fault being presented
  • Carrie/Gary (on par)
  • Adam/Fernando
  • Betty
  • Edward

Preferably: Dan, Least: Fernando.
Honestly, no-brainer presuming nothing beyond what's presented here.

2 and 3 are way more close and with possible up- and downward movement than the other points.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 04:38:33 pm »

This is assuming Gary knows or suspected Fernando needed the food.

1 - Gary - Does a good deed.
2 - Dan - Did nothing wrong.
3 - Adam - Did nothing wrong as I assume after the beat-up his relationship with Betty was pretty much over.
4 - Fernando - Stole food but he needed it.
5 - Carry - Wants to cheat on someone with someone who is in a relationship.
6 - Betty - Asks stupid questions and cheats on someone.
7 - Edward - Beats up a guy and cheats on someone.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 05:04:00 pm »

Least bad:  Gary

Equally not best:  Adam, Betty, Carrie, Dan, Fernando, Edward.

I'm Gary.  I've been a waitress, I've worked in restaurants for over a decade.  Though Fernando 'stole' and probably has been a burden on the restaurant over time, he apparently has some class (you didn't say he took a bath in the sink at least, some people like F. do) and he 'stole' food that had already been paid for and abandoned - he stole trash that was going to be thrown away since it had been left by the paying customer.  It's not ideal, but I wouldn't 'do' anything about it even as a manager, except possibly quietly and discretely warn F. that he'd better be darn sure that meal was finished, and he'd better never loiter - paying customers are welcome and are not loiterers.

Betty disrupted my workplace with her shouting, and she set the situation up by her question.  Carrie could have made the situation explode further.  I sure hope Dan comes back again, sounds like we could use his business, but wow did he have poor taste in dates, as did Adam - hope neither of them associates my restaurant with public shame or anything like that. 

As Gary, I probably don't know Edward's part of the situation, but assuming I do he's beating up a customer I hope comes back to spend more money into the future, can't be having that.  However I do want Edward to come be a customer too, but hopefully at times when Adam's not dining here, and vice versa.  Likewise, I sure hope Dan and Adam tend to eat at different times too.

I absolutely don't want to be anyone in this situation except for Gary, period.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 05:48:51 pm »

Actually this is a bit tricky, since there is insufficient information and you have to fill in the blanks for yourself.

Are A+B and C+D just acquaintences or couples? As acquaintences, Adam is just being honest to Betty, in a couple situation he might be slightly insensitive. Betty is either really overreacting or angrily cheating on Adam, in which case she is a totally overreacting bitch. Carrie just expresses herself, but if she's in a relationship with Dan, she's offering sex to someone else, which makes her look much worse.
Is Gary risking his job by letting a poor guy pick up some food that would be thrown away otherwise or is he neglecting his job out of laziness or contempt for his boss?
Fernando may be the trickiest case. Is he poor and starving because there is no sufficient welfare system? If so he doesn't really do anything wrong. Did he forget to eat because he is on a coke binge? (which is why he uses the bathroom - to "powder his nose"), then he's a stealing drug addict. Does his name maybe imply he is an illegal immigrant?  :P (which technically makes him a criminal and also explains why he doesn't get welfare checks to buy food).

Doesn't make much of a difference in ranking, but except for Dan, Edward and maybe Adam backstory makes a huge difference in judgement.

positive outlook:
1 - Gary (passively helping someone)
2 - Dan (didn't do anything)
3 - Adam (was just being honest) 
4 - Carrie (just openly expressed her desires or lack thereof)
5 - Fernando (stole, but was basically forced to)
6 - Betty (overreacting)
7 - Edward (violent for no reason)

Best to be: Dan (rich), worst: Fernando (poor and starving)

negative outlook:
1 - Dan (didn't do anything)
2 - Adam (too honest)
3 - Gary (neglecting his job)
4 - Carrie (trying to cheat)
5 - Fernando (thieving drug addict social parasite)
6 - Betty (being a bitch and cheating)
7 - Edward (violent for no reason)

Best to be: Edward (gets laid, gets to beat up someone, sociopathy ftw), worst: Adam (gets hospitalized, gets cheated on, gets rejected)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 06:18:59 pm »

The scenario:

Adam and Betty are sitting together at a restaurant. Carrie and Dan are sitting together a few tables away. Betty asks Adam if he thinks Carrie is prettier than she is. Adam looks at Carrie, and agrees that she is. Betty shouts at him, then angrily leaves the restaurant. Carrie overhears this, walks over to Adam and offers to sleep with him. Adam declines. Dan finishes drinking his martini, then gets in his chauffeured limousine and goes home. Carrie leaves in her own car. Betty goes to Edward's house, and has sex with him. After sex, Betty and Edward discuss what happened at the restaurant. Betty goes home. Edward then seeks out Adam and beats him up. On the way home from the hospital Adam happens to see Carrie, and says that he would like to sleep with her now. She declines. Back at the restaurant, Fernando walks in then asks to use the restroom, then takes food from Adam and Betty's table on the way out. It's the only meal he's eaten in two days. Gary is a waiter at the restaurant. He sees Fernando take the food, and says nothing.

Best
Gary - only slightly in the lead, letting the dude be is a "good" act to the poor guy but arguably a "bad" act to the restaurant. personal preference puts him in good category for me.
Carrie=Dan=Adam=Fernando=Betty - slight scale from good to bad, but generally neutral
Edward - Assault and battery is bad yo
Worst

Personally be? I'd be Dan. He sounds like he has money.  Person not-to-be, Fernando. Poor Fernando.

DO I WIN?

« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 06:23:19 pm by Caz »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 06:26:33 pm »

In all honesty, Gary and Dan sound like the 2 best people, though I'd like to be Dan because limo and martini.
1. Gary
2. Dan
3. Adam
4. Fernando
5. Carrie
6. Betty
7. Edward

Though Carrie, Betty and Fernando are basically equal, with Carrie and Betty needing context. Really, it looks more like this:
Gary-Dan-Adam-Carrie-Fernando-Betty

Edward

Because beating the hell out of someone is bad no matter the context.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 06:31:23 pm »

The only information given is 'Are sitting together in a resteraunt"

If you continue the story with the idea that Dan and Carrie, and Adam and Betty are just friends, it becomes even more trivial.

And even if they are in a relationship, there's not enough information. Open? Long? Short?
These are all actions which require context before I can 'judge' any of these people.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 06:56:31 pm »

And even if they are in a relationship, there's not enough information. Open? Long? Short?
These are all actions which require context before I can 'judge' any of these people.

I think that's part of the game. We're supposed to make assumptions, and these assumptions determine the result of our "psych test". Though I hope lordbucket has some concrete data and hasn't just made this up for fun. :P Would be interesting to see the mechanics behind our choices.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 07:09:37 pm »

Dan is clearly the mastermind behind all the dastardly actions commited in this place.
I mean really, look at what happens, he leaves and suddenly assault, adultery and theft spring up out of nowhere? Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
Its obvious that Dan is Kaiser Soze, he went there with the express intent to ruin Adam's life from behind the scenes.

1. Dan took Carrie out to the same place that Adam and Betty were, knowing full well Carrie was especially attractive to Adam, and that Betty is the jealous type.
2. After masterminding Betty's scorning of Adam, Dan sends Carrie over as a distraction so that he can make his escape without Adam noticing him.
3. He sent his thug Edward out to "console" Betty and then assault Adam, with the previous action making the latter seem a simple act of passion, instead of calculated malice.
4. After Adam is thoroughly ruined Carrie has no interest in him, proving she was merely acting on Dan's orders.
5. Fernando is obviously Dan's last victim, starving and homeless after Dan destroyed him.
6. Gary is also in Dan's employ, and his act of "compassion" will be the final one that Fernando receives, before Gary finally ends his life on Dan's orders.
This will later be the fate of Adam as well.

Say what you want, but mine is more interesting :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 07:35:22 pm »

Oh, I remember Kaiser.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2013, 07:37:00 pm »

1/2: Dan and Gary did nothing wrong.
3: Carrie could have ended up causing problems but didn't so whatever. It was just a bit inconsiderate of the situation the first time, and the second was just being honest.
4: Fernando is a petty thief at most, and stole what would only be thrown away anyway. Being lower ranked than the others is only because there is any level of dishonesty in stealing.
5: Adam failed to notice and fell for Betty's shit-stirring.
6: Betty created the problem in the first place, and potentially influenced Edward into beating up Adam.
7: Edward actually beat up Adam.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 08:40:16 pm »

1. Edward
2. Betty
3. Gary
3. Fernando
5. Carrie
6. Adam

7. DAN IS GUILTY OF THE WORST CRIME OF ALL! Being Rich! How can he have his money, martini and limousine without having given it to poor Fernando? Dan is truly scum.
6. Adam was petitioned for a compliment and instead he broke Betty's heart. He was abusive, and had no thoughts for the social conventions of flattery.
5. Carrie, Realizing what Adam had done to Betty, rather than joining her in the fraternity of sisterhood - tried to sleep with Adam. Later, she did not want him because he was injured.
4. Fernando was a thief and a hobo, a detriment to society!
3. Gary was only slightly better, however is still scum for viewing this sad theft and not alerting the authorities, or at least giving the man a blanket.
2. Now we come to the only two 'good people' of this story. Poor innocent Betty, whose only crime was having her heart broken and reacting accordingly, running to Edward, her longtime best friend, and confiding in him, both with her body and her thoughts.
1. Edward, The Exemplar of Humanity, The Templar of Justice! The Righteous Arm of Betty's Scorn and Divine Wrath upon Adam; Ensuring that a Future of Social Faux Pas and Men not saying that the women they are with are more Beautiful than a Hollywood lineup is Not our Future! Edward did not speak with his words. He spoke only with his actions, two symbols of a True Upstanding man!
He reassured Betty, told her that she was still the most beautiful; worshiped her and healed her broken heart using only his penis.
And then patiently yet firmly disciplined Adam, like a loving father whose son has misbehaved. He gave his love and tolerance to Adam through his fists.
Well Done Edward! You are a True Man Edward! Ganbatte Edward!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 06:32:32 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2013, 10:10:50 pm »

1. Dan - doesn't really do anything wrong
=1. Fernando - doesn't really do anything wrong
=1. Gary - doesn't really do anything wrong
2. Adam - has a tact failure, that's about it really
3. Carrie - offers sex to Adam in front of Betty which seems pretty rude.  On the other hand Dan doesn't seem to give a shit
4. Betty - sicks a violent psychopath on Adam for a pretty minor offense
5. Edward - is a violent psychopath

I'd want to be Dan because he sounds great.  I wouldn't want to be Edward because he beats people up over minor slights.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4