Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Psych test: Rank these 7 people from "best" to "worst"  (Read 6483 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Psych test: Rank these 7 people from "best" to "worst"
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2013, 06:04:04 pm »

Going purely off what is given:

1. Dan -- No fault, and from the descriptors associated with him he also appears to have a decent enough life.
2. Gary -- Basically nothing wrong; the food taken would almost certainly have been thrown out regardless, and he's uninvolved with the rest of the fiasco.
3. Fernando -- His only fault was taking a bit of food that would have been wasted otherwise, and out of need rather than greed.
4. Carrie -- Pretty much nothing wrong except for having rather poor timing. A bit selfish for ditching Dan like that, regardless of whether he was a friend, associate, or lover.
5. Adam -- Poor sense of judgement, but not much to fault him for other than that.
6. Betty -- Posed a trapped question, has a decent bit of anger or jealousy.
7. Edward -- Assaulted Adam for little or no reason. Obviously I'd least like to be a fallback partner or a violent boor.

There are, of course, plenty of things that one could infer from the situations described, but I remained solely within the listed facts. The potentials could certainly change up the ordering of Betty and Edward, and possibly move Carrie and Adam around. Dan could be lower if there was more information on his life, but it wouldn't be fair to make assumptions. That's the problem with this sort of thing, you don't actually get a preference-ordering based on flaws, but rather a list of peoples' preconceptions about different situations.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2013, 10:09:20 pm »

So now I'm 'tongue in cheek' because I think that physical displays of violence are the simplest form of communication in a society where nobody says what they mean?

... Yeah, ok, it was a joke post.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2013, 11:34:57 pm »

I shall say from the get-go that the wording does not seem to imply that all the people knew each other. My choices reflect this.

BEST
1. Dan just had dinner and went home. His implied wealth does not necessarily reflect on his character.
2. Gary obviously knew Adam and Betty had left, so probably figured "no harm done", even if it was a bit weird. Maybe could have confronted Fernando, given his dubious intentions.
3. Adam may have been slightly inconsiderate in his comment, but at least he was honest.
4. Carrie seems to be implied to sleep around a bit. Her attitude towards Adam is a dubious, either trying to ease his pain or score on the rebound.
5. Fernando Could have been stealing for all we know. Nothing stated seems to imply that he knew those people had left.
6/7. Betty is outwardly hostile and manipulative.
7/6/uncertain. Edward clearly overreacted given what we know about the situation, but may have been manipulated by Betty into believing a falsehood about the situation. Physical trauma isn't automatically worse than psychological trauma.
WORST
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 11:42:08 pm by Lagslayer »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2013, 05:30:46 am »

Best

1.Gary
2.Fernando
3.Dan
4.Carrie
5.Adam
6.Betty
7.Edward

Worst
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]