Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: cube project  (Read 1070 times)

Pahviloota

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Dwarven Engineer/Architect
    • View Profile
cube project
« on: December 03, 2013, 10:47:20 pm »

So I'm thinking about starting a new fortress and Dig a cube out of the map that is only sitting on pillars and dwarfs live inside, and maybe build a fortress on top of the cube with ballistas and other cool defense systems.  the pillars will be connected to a lever so if the fortress fails, I can always self destruct. :D what do you think, should I do it?

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: cube project
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 12:09:15 am »

Of course!  You'd need a drop tower on the top.  And noble rooms with glass bubbles on the bottom so they get front row seats when the cube drops.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Pahviloota

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Dwarven Engineer/Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 12:16:37 am »

Of course!  You'd need a drop tower on the top.  And noble rooms with glass bubbles on the bottom so they get front row seats when the cube drops.

Haha :D good idea. others can share ideas too.  8)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 06:43:37 am »

You'd need a drop tower on the top.
Or just supports on the bottom.
Oh, and it would be a very dorfy idea to build it so that it is surrounded by a magma moat on all sides. This limits the width of the moat but makes it so much more fun. A dwarf cube. Submerged in magma. (And thanks to the way magma pressure works you can build a plumbing trap on the bottom to allow dorfs to leave the cube and dig deeper but still keeping the cube collapsable and not letting magma in (supports do not stop magma by the way))

Dig deep cardboard box!
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 10:37:33 am »

Skip having walls: Make a roof and a floor and a pump system that creates a constant lavafall that acts as walls. Probably not dragon-safe, but yo, where's the fun in being untouchable?
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 11:00:39 am »

Skip having walls: Make a roof and a floor and a pump system that creates a constant lavafall that acts as walls. Probably not dragon-safe, but yo, where's the fun in being untouchable?
Dorfs trying to fish/drink/clean themselves with the falling water?
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 04:29:20 am »

Use supports.

With levers.

Invaders? Noble Mandates? Raving Madmen? Out of Booze?

Pull the lever and start again!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.