Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where can I find knives?  (Read 782 times)

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
Where can I find knives?
« on: December 01, 2013, 02:39:41 pm »

I really like using knives to kill enemies, but I can't find them anywhere and this starting copper one sucks.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Where can I find knives?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 02:57:47 pm »

Uh... My initial reaction was "KILL! BURN! MAIM!!!", but you're talking about daggers. Knives are aplenty in each town and village not devoid of peasantry. Daggers though... I can only suggest kobold caves and searching weapon shops really hard. Think I noticed a few daggers there one time.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 03:15:14 pm »

I was thinking about boning and carving knives. Thanks for answering anyway.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 03:22:01 pm »

Night creatures usually have a selection of knives, but they are usually made of bronze or copper.

Peasants almost always carry a knife, which is why they are able to end so many adventures. Usually copper or bronze, but I've seen silver and iron too. Silver really isn't recommended though, it's very poor for edged damage.

Necromancer towers can be full of them. I've run into a few towers where even the zombies were armed. It'd be best not to try a tower unless you aren't a living creature, zombies are really good at surrounding you.

You are very unlikely to find a steel knife, unfortunately, since only dwarves have access to steel.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 07:58:48 am »

if you have an abandonded fort where many goblin thieves might have died, they always have daggers. I dont think quality daggers exist anywhere though.
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 01:24:44 pm »

you could make a dwarf fort and make whatever daggers you want.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 04:40:29 pm »

you could make a dwarf fort and make whatever daggers you want.

You can't. At least not in vanilla, you'd have to mod it so that they can make daggers.