Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 319096 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Cotl, The Great Burrower
« Reply #4590 on: August 30, 2014, 06:33:17 pm »

((You probably should have waited for Highmax's post before doing that. The idea was that it would attack where I hoped it would think we were, and then we could catch it unawares.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: August 30, 2014, 08:06:56 pm »

Karl whispers to Madarr urgently What is he saying?" as he holds a sunrod in his shield hand, using the shield to block most of its light as he ignites it.
You get a very faint glimpse of the dragon with a flash of your light. The eyes stop looking all over and focus where the light came from.

Uses Ghost sound to make the sounds of the party moving to stand near to where I projected my voice. Extend the bit where I made my smell over there to the rest of the party, and extend the one making me smell like the cave to the rest of the party too. Have Ghost Sound make the noise of Karl's blade being unsheathed. He quickly relays what was said, and what he intends to say, as quietly as possible to Karl. He speaks through the ghost sound afterwards:

Out of honour for blood, kith and kin, I would not take your gems, or your gold, much as they called to me. Out of respect for my bloodline, I would have had you let us past. But if you wish to forsake entirely your honour, and steal from me as I would not have done from you, I will not obey. My gems are mine. Not yours. Mine. Strength in body your living place may have given you, but weakness in soul and honour it has also rendered onto you.

The last is spoken bitingly, hard.

((Yep, there goes diplomacy. He just asked for my gems :P))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Karl throws the sunrod towards the advancing dragon to give them all light and unsheaths his sword, raising it and his shield to the ready, a prayer to the Raven Queen spilling from his lips in a low murmur.

The dragon swats back the sunrod and moves up and roars!

Weston starts the initiative order!

((You probably should have waited for Highmax's post before doing that. The idea was that it would attack where I hoped it would think we were, and then we could catch it unawares.))
((TOO LATE! *DM laughs like a madman*))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: August 30, 2014, 08:14:27 pm »

"Well, it's been fun everyone."

First, roll for Wild Soul resistance.

Standard Action: Essence Prism!
Action Point: Chromatic Orb!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: August 30, 2014, 08:17:30 pm »

((Dammit Karl! :P))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: August 30, 2014, 09:15:03 pm »

"Well, it's been fun everyone."

First, roll for Wild Soul resistance.

Standard Action: Essence Prism!
Action Point: Chromatic Orb!

((AND HE HAS SOME FIGHT IN HIM LEFT, FOLKS!))

(7) Avandra seems to smile on you today. You resist poison today. (18+7) You hit and remove all resistances from the dragon as your spell strikes him, dealing (1+4+7) force damage! You drop an action point and use the best spell in your arsenal. (12+7) You just manage to hit, dealing (8+2+4+7) (2) fire damage!

The dragon looks towards Nadarr and sniffs. He speaks in common

"Ah, so you're the one who claimed to by my kin. Your kind are nothing but bastard children, claiming to be our kin. Die now, liar."

His eyes look at you directly with his enlarged eyes, now focused right at you. You don't realize it until its too late when you're standing right next to him that he compelled you to him. He swings his claws at you! The first one misses, but the second swipe strikes you and cuts into your flesh with a heavy hitting force. You take (12) damage and the green dragon shifts to the side of the cave wall!

Cromwell begins his turn!

((For the record, I didn't skew those rolls. I think it's karma telling me to stop getting pissed off at you and let go of that incident in Dark Heresy))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: August 30, 2014, 09:19:09 pm »

"Now would be a good time to hit it with everything you've got! He's lost some of his toughness, but that won't last long!"

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: August 31, 2014, 08:11:42 am »

"This is why we can't have nice things."

Warlock curse the dragon, then Witchfire. Action point: Curse of the Dark Dream, throw it away from Nadarr. Then move to some cover.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: August 31, 2014, 02:08:30 pm »

((Sorry for starting the fight early. In my defense, I thought the darkness-adapted dragon would be blinded and disoriented by the sudden bright light source right by its nose.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: August 31, 2014, 02:49:57 pm »

((Sorry for starting the fight early. In my defense, I thought the darkness-adapted dragon would be blinded and disoriented by the sudden bright light source right by its nose.))
((You needed a high enough passive insight or a hard insight check and darkvision or a good enough light source to see the blind eye was an act. Though it DOES have darkvision, hence the enlarged eyes, from listening to what it says through a few things and looking at the dragon itself, you could tell it wasn't really blind))

Warlock curse the dragon, then Witchfire. Action point: Curse of the Dark Dream, throw it away from Nadarr. Then move to some cover.
((I realised I forgot to get your feat and skill ups. Whoops. All of your stats, except con and dex, are even numbers. I reccomend for your stat ups, Charisma and Int, and then dropping them up again at level 8. I have a good feeling you'll survive that long. Also, you could retrain your multiclass to swordmage so you can use that heron marked blade you said you were going to use. For feat, killing curse is nice for you (make your curse die d8s instead of d6s)))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: August 31, 2014, 04:27:03 pm »

((Then we weren't fooling it a bit with the voice throwing (though that was a good idea!), so no harm done.

Now I have to hope that wherever Cromwell throws it, it's in charging range.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: August 31, 2014, 05:25:56 pm »

((Everything you suggested sounds great. Switch to Swordsage [though I'll miss sneak attack and thievery] get killing curse, and bump my charisma and... Actually, Constitution, since I'll be getting closer to peoples.))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: August 31, 2014, 06:46:50 pm »

((Everything you suggested sounds great. Switch to Swordsage [though I'll miss sneak attack and thievery] get killing curse, and bump my charisma and... Actually, Constitution, since I'll be getting closer to peoples.))
((Done and done. Next reccomended feat may be the one that gives your curse brutal, but there's gear for that))

There is no cover within range! You curses the green dragon and casts witchfire! (19+7) Your spell blasts out of your sword and you hit, dealing (2+4+5+5) fire damage and give the dragon a (-5) penalty to attack rolls. You then drop an action point and use the best spell in your arsenal. (4+7) Your spell misses, dealing ((1+9+7+5)/2=11) damage and no other effects.

Nadarr begins his turn!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: September 01, 2014, 01:12:59 am »

((Friendly reminder that until the end of my next turn, the dragon has NO DAMAGE RESISTANCE. Hit it with your best attacks now, ESPECIALLY if you're afraid it might be able to resist whatever damage types you normally do.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: September 01, 2014, 09:56:55 am »

((Okay, I'll admit it. I created Aurel as a roleplay character. The fact that he did a good amount of damage was a side benefit. I'm a roleplaying player. I aren't particularly fond of combat as you might imagine, but I do admit it's necessary sometimes for escalation. The reason I don't make my posts extremely detailed [read a book whilst travelling or change clothes of a sick party member] is because I'll forget one day and I might screw something up. In the case of such things it's easier to just assume the basics. However I do acknowledge the fact that making more detailed posts is better for the DM due to the fact that that gives him something to roll for and more opportunities to bring in the individual character's individuality. As for party member friendship during Aurel's time, Aurel and Nadarr were friends, a common deity relationship with Karl that was rocky at best and an interesting relationship with Cromwell. Overall I think that it's during that period that we were closest together but indeed we were only together due to a common goal of being hired or threatened. So far Alexander's a new guy that looks and functions somewhat independently from the group.

As a side note, I'm pretty sure that those big bulging eyes and the wings are the weak points of this monster.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: September 01, 2014, 11:59:20 am »

How can the mighty fall so low? Do you not remember the Glory of the dragons? The might of Arkhosia? We may be bastard children, but once we were great. And we were but a reflection of our dragon ancestors of old.

Nadarr looks at the green dragon with what may have been sadness, but with a snarl in his voice too. He is not at all happy with being battered by it.

I must do this! Ancestors, forgive me!

Fire Shroud in its face (specifically, the eyes), through Orb of Fire!
Dragon Breath in its eyes!
Burning Hands, through Orb of Insurmountable Force! ((Action point. Hopefully that will get me out of its grip, at least....))
If my badger can do anything damaging have it do it. If not, have my Light in its eyes, blinding it.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 344