Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 318768 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Gone out, Be Back in 3 Months
« Reply #4620 on: December 29, 2014, 01:50:13 pm »

((Just realized I discontinued my D&D insider stuff, so this will be delayed until I can afford it again to get the dragon's stats (hopefully not too long). In the meantime, Weston has some time to come up with ideas for his turn.

Sorry for another delay by the way))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The party is suddenly struck with a dark wave of energy as Thoradin's axe misses and almost strikes the ground. The blast is almost instantaneous, and seems to blast from Alexander as his eyes glow blood red like the shadow creatures from long before and the darkness spews from his mouth as he screams suddenly. The party is brought into a great abyss of darkness with a faint light that almost looks like a sparkle deep underneath you. Above you, you see a dark, twisted and to some, familiar grin. Its almost as faint as the light, but closer. Suddenly, you are thrust towards the light and you all see, as it grows near, is a platform sitting over the light source. You all float over it, as if you were held by strings with a figure sitting on a throne made of bones, wearing a grey robe with images of skulls on it. Aurel stands next to him with a wide grin, this time with his tattered crimson hood over his eyes, just over his insane smile. His fangs are red with blood, and his thrall is standing next to him, with teeth marks in his neck, pulling his now messy, long hair, with a face of deep pain crossed over his face, now looking even more older in age now (he looks more in his late 20's now). The robed figure stands up and laughs.

"I'm going to show you the true extent of my power now, as you have wasted my time and brought me the last thing I need to succeed in my plans to turn the upper world into a land of pure and eternal darkness. Even now, as you are amidst this battle, I have extended the strength of my power to Amn; the very place you came from to find me. Though the darkness that I will blanket the world in is still confined in here for now, I will not give you the option of reaching me to stop me in the three days I need left. When my spell unfolds completely, all of Faerun will forget the sun as my shadow creatures will be free to attack the living and be reborn as my slave! Death will not set them free and they will live as though they had died; a wonderful, twisted and gruesome form of limbo that I have created.

Now, drown in the darkness of my infinite power!"

His hand conjures up a large sphere of energy that is the size of an ogre's skull and it bursts into a large explosion of dark tendrils that envelop you all! You all float endlessly in the black void, and slowly lose sight of each other. You feel alone and helpless as time goes on. Seconds feel like days, and minutes feel like years as you cannot move, you cannot use your powers and strength seems to syphon out of your bodies. Pain starts to come as you feel helpless against what feels like the very void itself is crushing you and burning you from the inside. Soon, you feel nothing but pain that grows immeasurable, and soon, whether you want to or not, your mouth opens to scream or shout or curse, but nothing comes out but silence. You feel the breath get sucked out of you and your lungs breathe in what feels like pins and needles. You feel small little but painful slits cut deep into your flesh as if someone was taking a thin but small knife and jabbed you with it, but its constant and repeated. You feel something warm as you assume blood is running down your body from the wounds. You feel immense pain suddenly as you feel as if something is tugging your arms with a massive force. You lose feeling in your arms as they feel they were ripped off, but you cannot look to confirm it. You then feel the same sensation in your legs as you feel more liquid run from the part of your body where used to be arms down your body. You then feel something sharp jabbing into your eyes like sharp metal blades, and you scream as you can no longer see. Pain infills you all as slowly, you each either expect or beg for death as hope slowly begins to fade away...

Just as you feel as if the pain couldn't possibly get worse, you swear you spot a faint speck of white and the pain in your chest lessens enough to only a great shar pain on breathing in. Slowly, the pains fade away. Soon, the speck grows to a twinkle, then a glint, then a spark, and seems to get closer to you. Pain lessens, and soon, you can turn your head. In seconds, the pain in your arms fade as you can move again, seeing blood return to your limbs that were once severed and the small incisions that look more like your skin was turned inside out, heal as blood pours back into it. You see as the spark gets closer, its actually the image of a familiar dwarf that you saw once before. All your pains, save the ones from the dragon, are healed, and the dwarf nods at you as you swear you hear the echoes "Moradin protect ya" as you hear steel striking stone.

You regain your senses as you hear the dragon roar after Thoradin's axe strikes the earth!

Weston begins his turn! Despite the episode you all just had and how long it seemed, time has not moved one bit and your wounds are still the same

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((Welcome back highmax :D
I can't remember...do I have any Action Points left?))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Welcome back highmax :D
I can't remember...do I have any Action Points left?))
((From what my sheet says, no. You rested right after the tunneler if I recall))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Explosive Pyre on the dragon! Dragon will regain damage resistances after my turn ends.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Explosive Pyre on the dragon! Dragon will regain damage resistances after my turn ends.

(18+7) You channel your arcane powers and launch your signature attack, gushing straight for the dragon! Your blaze lands, dealing (5+3+7) fire damage and deals 1d6 damage when someone starts their turn or passes by the dragon! The damage resistances are removed!

The dragon roars and leaps into the air! Midway through its jump, it breathes a torrent of green poisonous gas that centers on Karl and bursts outwards! (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) The green cloud envelops the party, but Nadarr (somehow) and Karl hold their breath enough against the gas! Everyone else takes (19) poison damage, is slowed and takes ongoing (5) poison damage! It leaps over Karl and roars!

"You shall regret mocking a dragon!"

Sigia disappears, and Cromwell coughs as he is bloodied from the breath! The dragon drops an action point and attacks Karl! Its claws lash out, both hitting you and dealing a total of (25) damage! He shifts around you and closer to the samurai as his claws rip deep into your armor and cutting your face! It ends its turn after it turns its neck towards Weston, who feels a sudden compelling towards him and finds himself standing next to the dragon!

Cromwell begins his turn!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Actually, only enemies take 1d6 damage when passing through or starting in the zone created by explosive pyre. Allies are unaffected)).

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Actually, only enemies take 1d6 damage when passing through or starting in the zone created by explosive pyre. Allies are unaffected)).
((No one took damage regardless. The dragon isn't a target for it, and its only enemies, so its all good. Just mostly posting it to remind myself the extra effects))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Second Wind, then Healing potion.
Ethereal Stride to right up on the dragon, then (Action Point) Slash with my Heron Blade with Eyebite!

((What powers have I still got available?))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Second Wind, then Healing potion.
Ethereal Stride to right up on the dragon, then (Action Point) Slash with my Heron Blade with Eyebite!

((What powers have I still got available?))
((Whatever you haven't used yet that isn't an at will. I'm pretty sure you haven't used curse of the dark dream yet. Also, you don't need to use your attacks at melee, especially if its an impliment attack. It will provoke an opportunity attack))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Not-so Jolly Green Cave Dr
« Reply #4630 on: January 30, 2015, 03:21:59 pm »

In that case.
Second Wind, Healing potion.
Ethereal Stride way the hell away from the dragon, but still in range, then Dark Dream its ass straight in the air with an Action Point.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Not-so Jolly Green Cave Dr
« Reply #4631 on: January 30, 2015, 10:52:24 pm »

In that case.
Second Wind, Healing potion.
Ethereal Stride way the hell away from the dragon, but still in range, then Dark Dream its ass straight in the air with an Action Point.
You spend two healing surges to heal a total of (8+10)hp. You feel much more rejuvenated as you're healed almost fully. You then teleport the f*** away from the dragon and drop an action point! Your eyes turn black and soulless, similar to the lifeless blue they were before and you enter a temporary trance that lasts only a couple seconds as the heron mark on your sword glows dark purple. A burst of purple colored magic erupts from the blade and (16+7) a great wave of dark fey magic bombards the dragon's head. It roars in pain as it takes (9+4+2+6+5) psychic damage! You hurl it up 15ft into the air and let it drop, dealing (7) extra force damage! You bloody the dragon, who roars in fury as you see an act of desperation. It immediatley recharges its breath and spews its green gas on Karl, Nadarr, Alexander and Thoradin! The dragon hits all but Nadarr again with its noxious breath, dealing (19) damage to those hit! Karl is also now slowed and poisoned now, taking (5) ongoing poison damage! Everyone hit is now bloodied!

Nadarr takes (5) poison damage and rolls to save from poison and death! (3) (5) you fail both saves and continue dying! You have two more death saves left before you join Aurel in death

Isbat begins his turn by taking (5) poison damage as you hack out blood from your lungs. It burns and feels like needles are stabbing out of your lungs. Karl (8hp left) begins his turn afterwards. Alexander (4hp left) will collapse after Karl's turn ends if he is not healed or makes a healing save (or is administered a heal check for first aid) before his turn (which is after Karl's)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'm so glad I fight at a range, now.))
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'm so glad I fight at a range, now.))
((One step closer and you would've been hit with the breath again. You could literally poke the cloud as it got 1 square shy of your own))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

((Someone save the Dragonborn you all know and hate love!

Who else is gonna be the Party's Personal Banker? :P))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 344