Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Cowboys of the apocalypse-A post apocalyptic game about cowboys (First time GM)  (Read 6317 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Quickdraw my revolver on the assassin, fan all six chambers into his chest.

"Eat this, puta madre!"
Make sure I'm not in the line of fire! If the assassin is miraculously still alive after that, then draw my own gun and finish him!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Chando looks about the saloon, grinning wolfishly at the scene from behind his sunglasses.
Then, abruptly, he moves forwards...

>Grab the nearest glass, chug the drink unless it's empty, then smash it over the back of the second assassin's head.

>If there are no glasses to be grabbed, well... go order a drink. Whatever's the standard cheap liquor in this place.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile

Head out to the farms. Survey the sorroundings.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Tell the sherrif that I think there may be a brawl, run over to pull people apart.
"Sheriff, I think there's a brawl in the salloon. I'l go take a look, try to stop the fighting and such."
You walk to the salloon and see a scene. The rest of your allies are fighting against some other group of men. Carlos shoots and kills a larger man, while Cromwell hits a bottle instead and Chando smashes a bottle over the other person's head, breaking the bottle and causing the shards to embeed themselves in his arm, killing him.  You then see two more of them stand up, one of them pulling out a pistol and the other one a knife.

Quickdraw my revolver on the assassin, fan all six chambers into his chest.

Roundhouse Rock

"Eat this, puta madre!"
Initiative: Carlos (4+2=6)
              Cromwell (6)
              Chando (3+2=5)
              Burly assasin (5-1=4)
              Assasin (1)
Carlos takes out his revolver and empties the entire clip into the assasin.
Shots: 1, 7, 5, 8(!), 2, 8(!)
The first shot goes wide, hitting (1) some random bystander in the arm. The second shot hits the assasin in the chest, slightly (2-1) brusing him. The third shot barely hits him, and (1/2=0) the assasin remains unharmed. The fourth shot hits him near the heart, and (4x2=8-1=7) nearly killing the assasin. The burly assasin has 1 hp left! The fifth shot merely misses him. The final shot hits the assasin beetwen the eyes (2x2=4-1=3) and he falls down on the floor, dead.
Make sure I'm not in the line of fire! If the assassin is miraculously still alive after that, then draw my own gun and finish him!
Carlos finished off the first assasin, so you decide to just shoot the other approaching assasin once.
Shot: 1(!)
(6)Your shot goes wide and breaks an empty bottle.
Chando looks about the saloon, grinning wolfishly at the scene from behind his sunglasses.
Then, abruptly, he moves forwards...

>Grab the nearest glass, chug the drink unless it's empty, then smash it over the back of the second assassin's head.

>If there are no glasses to be grabbed, well... go order a drink. Whatever's the standard cheap liquor in this place.
You (4) grab a nearby mug (2) full of beer from a table and hastily (4) drink it. You drink it just in time to approach the second assasin and (4+3=7!) smash him over the head with it, making chunks of broken glass fly everywhere. Assasin#1 has 6 HP left.
Dodge: Cromwell (1): The glass hits you in the shoulder. You (4-1=3) keep your gun in your grip, but the glass still causes you a lot of pain (-1 to all rolls until either treated or after passing 2 turns).       
          Carlos (2+2=4): You dodge the glass relatively easily.
          Chando (1+2=3): You dodge most of the glass, but a few stray pieces hit you. The (2-1) pieces embeed themselves in your shoulder, causing you quite a bit of pain (-1 to all rolls until either treated or after passing 2 turns).
          Assasin #2 (1): The glass easily hits him in  (5-1=4) the shoulder, crippling his  left arm (5-1). The pain he takes from the pieces is enough to kill him. Assasin#1 is dead.

"Hm... How much do they cost?"
"Hm... How much do they cost?"
"The grenades cost 50 Bronze Dinars, 15, each. If you buy them in bulk, they're cheaper. The shotgun is priced at 75 Bronze Dinars."

Head out to the farms. Survey the surroundings.
You go outside and climb up on a small hill near the farms. There doesn't appear too be much there beyond the farms, besides various rocks andthe ocasional small plant or cactus.

Sheets
  • Spoiler: Cromwell Jackson (click to show/hide)
  • Spoiler: Shotgun Walrus (click to show/hide)
  • Spoiler: Carlos of The Mountain (click to show/hide)
  • Spoiler: Wohn Jayne (click to show/hide)
  • Spoiler: Chando Mendoza (click to show/hide)
  • Spoiler: Everett Owen (click to show/hide)
  • Spoiler: Assasin#2 (click to show/hide)
  • Spoiler: Assasin#3 (click to show/hide)

Sorry for being late with the update, I've got to study for some exams and do homework and such. I'l finish writing the rest of this tommorow since it's getting late now. Update should be finished now. Also, I found this yesterday. Apparently, it's a few years old tool for organizing sheets, locations and such to make it easier to do RtD's once they get complicated. Just though I'd share it since it could be helpful to some of you.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 01:50:34 pm by darkpaladin109 »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Get that glass out of my shoulder! Get down!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile

Skipped meh.
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Skipped meh.
I didn't finish the turn yet.
EDIT. Turn's finished. You can post actions now.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 02:58:03 pm by darkpaladin109 »

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile

Wohn heads out into the farms, going to the closest one, and examining it for any signs of fightin'. He then knocks on the door.

"Hello? Anyone home?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

>Go order a damn drink. Whiskey straight, of course.

Edit:>Drag the bartender out of hiding if need be.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 09:46:49 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

VinnieTheDead

• Bay Watcher
  • i ain't worried bout nothin
    • View Profile

Impressively flip revolver back into holster. Remove rifle from my back and blast the new assassin right in the kisser.
Quote from: Broteam
anything that's not shootin at what i'm shootin at becomes what i'm shootin at

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Impressively flip revolver back into holster. Remove rifle from my back and blast the new assassin right in the kisser.
Which new assasin? The one with the knife or the one with the pistol?

VinnieTheDead

• Bay Watcher
  • i ain't worried bout nothin
    • View Profile

The one with the pistol.
Quote from: Broteam
anything that's not shootin at what i'm shootin at becomes what i'm shootin at

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

Purchase shotgun
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to put this on indefinite hiatus, since I think I was too ambitious here. It was mostly that I thought I could handle 6 players, but it turns out it's too much for me to handle with the rules.
Anyone else can take this over or use the rules if they wish to, but I'm propably going to try doing something simpler for the time being. I may pick this up at some future point, but it's not a given.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]