Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Muses of Joan Bentson: Today Is The Last Day Of Your Previous Life  (Read 2100 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Muses of Joan Bentson: Today Is The Last Day Of Your Previous Life
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2014, 11:17:34 pm »

"The monk ends up being so humiliated that he gradually replaces his deep piety with a drive of Earthly revenge. The next few chapters come from his perspective, as he gradually begins replacing his days of prayer and reading with drinking and gambling. We switch back to our protagonist, um...Josephine Graton. It turns out that Josephine's reason for slamming her window on the monk, was that the monk served as the vessel by her family to force her into an arranged marriage with a wealthy North-Eastern (this is in the Mid-West or South right?) businessman. While the guy seems nice enough, Josephine's real love has always been Patrica Irving, a woman who worked as a nurse near the battlefields during the war, and eventually settled into town upon the war's conclusion. Thus, Josephine has ended up estranged and resentful towards her family as well as Bogomil Thomas. We meet up with Bogomil Thomas, who has nearly relieved himself of all holy duties. He purchases a Revolver for his own secret plans, but little does he know it was the same gun that was used to cripple the notorious Creek War Chief, Blazing Tree."

Yeah, add a little bit of a girl/girl storyline in there Joan, that'll help your book sell. And you'll even start accepting your latent bisexuality for what it is. When are you going to ask out Tactica on a date anyways?

((I just realized how much damn fun this could be.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2014, 11:46:22 pm »

"Awesome! We're the best team! LET'S GET WRITING!"
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2014, 12:26:28 am »

Joan, may you be more tactful than simply stopping at the sight of a male? He's just a person. You'll meet plenty of people over your lifetime.

As for this... Bogomil Thomas... let's go ahead and say he is a wandering nomad, who is searching for the answer to his life. "He has no family, no kids, can't accept what he did..."
Oh dear. It seems I am quoting a song. My apologies, Joan. Anyways, no family or friends that he knows of. He travels around, spending days in motels or in the back alleys of cities. When he is not in a city, he simply looks for a barn or something of the sort to shelter him. His goal here is to meet as many people as possible and learn about their life experiences. He eventually comes upon a woman who takes him in after seeing him sleeping outside in the heavy rain like a neglected, stray kitten. He eventually gets to know this woman and visits her at the local library sometimes. She helps him get a steady job at the library, managing around the place (mostly just reading the books there) and talking with the children. He falls in love with this woman due to her friendliness, but she does not share the same feelings until later...

Joan, are you still drooling over that male? Stop it. Return to your room, we must get on with the writing.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2014, 12:32:28 am »

"Hey ghost girl, the security guard is a lady. Not everyone with muscle definition is a man."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2014, 12:39:37 am »

Oh. Sweet Hiajhma, I cannot see very well from this angle inside Joan's mind... excuse me one moment, I will see to it that I can actually see what is going on outside of Joan's mind.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2014, 05:40:53 am »

"Also important to remember is that not every lady with muscle definition swings that way, necessarily. And, while asking her out is an interesting way to find out, consider what you have to offer her at this point. Very little, considering the fact that you have no money and little to talk about. Furthermore, if you ask her out, you run a very heavy risk of amplifying the awkwardness of your future encounters, particularly since you have very little basis for your attraction other than physical traits. Consider actually chatting without falling all over yourself first. Find out if you actually have anything in common. It is entirely likely that you don't."

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2014, 12:39:08 pm »

Bump.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2014, 10:44:24 pm »

Another Bump.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2014, 06:46:11 pm »

Final bump? I really like this idea.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2014, 07:13:05 pm »

Sorry mate, I don't think I'm up to do an idea like this. It's a neat idea, but I don't think I'm the right GM for it. You can pick up the idea yourself, if you want.
Pages: 1 2 [3]