Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 53452 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - an RTD of survival in a new home.
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2013, 11:14:00 am »

This is an interesting team.

A clone biologist.
A minor cyborg scientist.
Medic.
Fisherman and outdoorsman.

Prospector outdoorsman, thank you very much.

Also, finally finished my character sheet. Not much to look at, we need someone who can explore and survive in the harsh enviroment.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 11:15:07 am »

I can probably do survival - basic training and all that - but exploration and evaluation of resources would definitely be beyond Sean.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 11:31:27 am »

This is an interesting team.

A clone biologist.
A minor cyborg scientist.
Medic.
Fisherman and outdoorsman.

Prospector outdoorsman, thank you very much.

Also, finally finished my character sheet. Not much to look at, we need someone who can explore and survive in the harsh enviroment.
Well, your background does look quite survival-oriented. However, I did warn you guys about science - I hope you know your geology/genetics/engineering magics.

Spoiler: Markus Calion (click to show/hide)
Also, I don't want to be a spoilsport, but if your character is fourteen, he has to come from a place where it is the age of majority, so he would be legally allowed to sign in. Your options are basically most of the African Commonwealth, select southern bits of the Pan-American Alliance, some of the Arab states, and the People's Republic of China (Do excuse me if that is inconsistent with the current picture - my sociology magics aren't very strong either).
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2013, 11:37:04 am »

Well, your background does look quite survival-oriented. However, I did warn you guys about science - I hope you know your geology/genetics/engineering magics.

That's what Wikipedia is for, isn't it? :P

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2013, 11:41:00 am »

That's what Wikipedia is for, isn't it? :P
Ayup. Also wiki-walks.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2013, 12:02:17 pm »

Pan-America it is, then! I'll have my background soon, I'm just really busy at this time.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 12:35:20 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2013, 12:29:37 pm »

I know enough to make it workable. My first project is some form of construction droid to handle the manual labor. Followed by building a wall and designing an automated sentry gun.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2013, 01:07:11 pm »

My first project will be genetic experiment to make super-soldiers who don't go crazy and kill their teammates.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2013, 01:20:22 pm »

Know what's awesome for that? Robots. You can have your mutants I'm going droideka. Rolling balks of death dealing awesome.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2013, 01:32:49 pm »

My clones will beat your droids any day.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2013, 01:39:28 pm »

Wanna bet? Boxing match clone vs droid.
Caine's law.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2013, 01:47:14 pm »

Name: Alex Shater
Sex:Male
Background: Alex was a young boy when he joined MIT as a xenobiologist, but he had trouble, skipped classes, was rude to professors, and simply didn't like school. He only got in becauses of who his father was. After he dropped out, he decided to become a survivalist and became involved with the colonization effort, first on Titan and Euoropa, then Io, then here. He has a wide range of skills including identifying plants, gathering food, basic construction and crafting, and basic mining.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2013, 02:38:24 pm »

Name: Alex Shater
Sex:Male
Background: Alex was a young boy when he joined MIT as a xenobiologist, but he had trouble, skipped classes, was rude to professors, and simply didn't like school. He only got in becauses of who his father was. After he dropped out, he decided to become a survivalist and became involved with the colonization effort, first on Titan and Euoropa, then Io, then here. He has a wide range of skills including identifying plants, gathering food, basic construction and crafting, and basic mining.
Mmm... a problem. While there may or may not be mining outposts on Europa and Io, there wouldn't be any permanent colonies - the crews would rotate, because these worlds do not support life in general. The Boreas colonists, however, will never return to Earth. Stasis fluid is very expensive and terribly difficult to manufacture, and there's no way the Boreans would be getting the tech until the second wave, which will be in another seventy years after you build a QE transmitter and report success.
The colonization of Boreas is the first such effort that humanity undertakes - that is a key point.
I am imagining this whole thing as hard or at least hard-ish sci-fi in the vein of Lem's Pirx stories and Soviet fiction, like Yefremov's better works (I dunno if anybody outside of the former USSR reads that), or the Strugatsky brothers' more serious books. So, space travel's kind of a big deal.
Also, xenobiology is the science of creating artificial biological systems, isn't it?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2013, 02:40:08 pm »

Xenobiology kinda covers everything alien in most games for simplicity.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 02:47:12 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2013, 02:46:27 pm »

Updated my post with a slight background.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 54