Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Three - GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN  (Read 50405 times)

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
Re: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Two - The Smouldering Boots
« Reply #180 on: December 07, 2013, 02:52:33 am »

Just another point:

Cop, if towards the end of today, we are seem to be lynching someone that you got an innocent on/ not lynching a guilty, please tell us..

It's important that we get past today.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 07, 2013, 04:20:27 am »

MakeInU:

UNVOTE.

>:(

I cannot, can NOT take the chance that I'm wrong, I don't think I am, but I don't like what that vote board shows me.

Luke_Prowler, I know you're lurking out there, prowling the boards.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Uhhhhhhh..... WTF? He was probably asleep or something. "Chance that you are wrong?" IT was a probably... 90% chance you were wrong. No mafia stays Silent that long if they are here... especially with so much pressure. (No town either, but mafia tend to check the game more).

You have 0 evidence against him. Nil. And you write. "Chance that you are wrong"? That makes no sense to me.

You clearly skipped over this part where I explained my reasoning, specifically that my concerns were that I might be wrong about EP, not Luke. Also, re-read the part I've bolded, and then go read my argument again!! He was not asleep at that time, he was reading the thread and active on the forums, at that late hour, and didn't even stop to mount an eleventh-hour defense in time to so much as say a damn thing.

I did not vote for Luke. I stated that I might consider voting for Luke as a lurker, given more evidence that it might be a good idea.

And then the above reasoning, which you apparently didn't read, or chose to ignore. Is it more convenient to your argument to assume facts not in evidence rather than respond to what's being communicated?

And even had I left my vote in place, Luke was on the chopping block, even after removing his self-vote. At that point, two were tied at two votes each. Now, I don't know how bay12 mafia games deal with a situation like that, but where I come from, it's a coin flip. And since Luke and I were the only ones online, and he didn't apparently have the time to prepare a defense post, that's 50/50 he was lynched anyway. And then there's the night kill...

And now you're pushing the cop to role-claim? Thus ensuring that he gets killed tonight by you and your scum buddy, no doubt.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 07, 2013, 04:23:32 am »

Heads up guys, it's officially the weekend. So, at least, in the other BM game, the weekend is optional-play time and the countdown clock is effectively paused. At least I hope so :P

I'm working a solo shift tomorrow at my work so I'll be able to make a post I'm now wanting to, er, post.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 07, 2013, 05:35:06 am »

Heads up guys, it's officially the weekend. So, at least, in the other BM game, the weekend is optional-play time and the countdown clock is effectively paused. At least I hope so :P

I'm working a solo shift tomorrow at my work so I'll be able to make a post I'm now wanting to, er, post.

No such thing as "optional play-time" in a Sprint game.

In the (not at all long) set of rules, it's written under the "Day Length" heading that game-Days will always include weekends. Remember that this is supposed to last 7 days, and since it's only 7 days, you're expected to be able to stick it out for one weekend.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 07, 2013, 04:39:56 pm »

Alright Makeinu, my bad, I read your reasoning completely wrong, and assumed that you were unvoting Luke, not EP.

Either ways... Why did you not stick to your vote on EP? Luke comes back, unvotes himself. It's a tie. Usually, ties mean NL... I'm pretty sure it never means that both are killed.

Uh, Dude, it's lylo, It DOESNT MATTER if the COP Outs... WHEN WE LYNCH THE WRONG PERSON. I'm not telling the cop to out NOW. I'm saying, when the days is about to end, and the cop thinks something isn't right. HE SHOULD SPEAK UP AND SAY SOMETHING. (Or he knows something isn't right).

Anyways, I'll be gone till 4 hours from now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day One - The Blood Rain
« Reply #185 on: December 07, 2013, 04:45:16 pm »

When face with the sudden loss of two of their members the theocrats descend into squabbles. Old grievances are aired and accusations are wielded. All the while the boots in field overspill with blood and the cloying hematic tang sticks to the back of the throats of those theocrats that have throats. They couldn't leave while the rain was unquenched. Another of their number had to die.

Vote Count
------------------------
makeinu - makeinu, Superblackcat
Persus13  -
Pufferfish -
Superblackcat - Pufferfish
Tiruin - Persus13

Not Voting - Tiruin

MOD EXTENSION
I'm going to be at the AdventureX convention again tomorrow and the current deadline falls at the start of an intriguing looking talk on making reactive NPCs. As such, I'm mod-extending the game by 24 hours. The new D2 deadline is Monday 3 PM GMT.

Day ends Monday 3 PM GMT. Those with roles, send me your actions via PM in the next 41 hours.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 07, 2013, 05:42:41 pm »

Seriously Makeinu, why are you voting yourself?

SBC: So you're still voting Makeinu despite taking back the reason you voted him. Do you still think he's scum for other reasons?

Puff: You've asked me who my top scumpicks are. How about you, who are your top scumpicks?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 07, 2013, 06:44:27 pm »

Unvote, since it bugs you so much.

How does a tie vote work here?
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 07, 2013, 07:16:05 pm »

It results in a No lynch.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 07, 2013, 07:23:07 pm »

Balls... is that an unwritten thing? I didn't see it in the rules

Had I known that before, I'd have left my vote alone. Dammit.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 07, 2013, 08:04:22 pm »

Sorry, I was in a hurry and forgot :<  unvote

As of now, Puffer seems the most suspicious to me.

Why did you vote Luke? Be the 2nd not Luke to vote him.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Two - The Smouldering Book
« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2013, 08:10:31 pm »

Okay okay... Let me take a second here.

Persus:

So uh, oops. We killed our doctor.
Yeah, nice job.

Hey, it's not like I was aware I was lynching the doctor. I believed that I was removing dead weight from the game.

I'm kinda... Really unhappy about this sentence.

Removing dead weight from a 7/2 game... is about the same as adding a 10x burden, way more than a 'dead weight'. Assuming he pulls a griffinup and never comes back.

Especially when there is no reason to vote him... Other than he was 'lurking'. He didn't even SEEM Scummy.

Tiruin: Where are you!?

Persus: What kind of player do you think is most likely to be scum? Please don't say 'Scummy'. What constitutes 'scummy'.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Two - The Smouldering Book
« Reply #192 on: December 07, 2013, 08:18:07 pm »

Persus: What kind of player do you think is most likely to be scum? Please don't say 'Scummy'. What constitutes 'scummy'.

I have to just throw this thought out there, at the risk of sounding crazy-town.

Persus and Tiruin are the two most experienced (on this forum anyway) players in this game. Tiruin keeps being mysteriously absent, and Persus keeps performing duties as IC and also steering the conversations to a degree.

I can't point to anything suspicious, but I think we've been neglecting the possibility that one or both are the scum we're hunting. I have to read back now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 07, 2013, 08:30:47 pm »

Forgive me for my brevity, as RL as taken its toll on me.

It is LYLO
Lynch, or Lose.
Town Perspective: LYNCH MAFIA, OR LOSE THE GAME.
Mafia Perspective: MISLYNCH.

This is the crucial point in the game where we discard trivialities and instead, regain lost ground--take on what is pertinent, and build our cases on such. We stop nitpicking, and start shooting. This is the best time to use our Extend (I'm voting for an extend, given the all-bold text :P) given the deal of this case. Here, it is in everyone's best motive to:
> Explain themselves, their votes, and how they generally see everyone else.
> The cop SHOULD DARN WELL CLAIM. In this, he can mark who is innocent or not//HOWEVER, Mafia can also fakeclaim Cop as an easy-win result, and if not counterclaimed or put to scrutiny, then their win is most likely assured.
> The doctor, should preferably not claim given the context.

Who still lives.

Now, to explain my vote on LP. I admit that I haven't poured over everything--and the suspicion that Luke was pulling a quick and blatant tactic was strange. SELF-VOTING PULLS MUCH ON DOUBT AND DERISION. DO NOT DO THAT. Why? Here's my story.

I thought Luke was pulling a self-vote because of the common notion that 'why would a Mafioso even do such a thing?'. I chose to act against doubt and attack him with a pressure vote (which acts as a real vote if the target cannot reply, will not reply, or will give lacking response, and thus will be pushed).

Needless to say...it was..disappointing, the results.

True this. :P

I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO LOOK BACK AND CHECK..RECHECK AND DOUBLY RECHECK IN PUBLIC THEIR SUSPICIONS.

Everyone: Who is your most town-y suspect, and why? I've browsed in a skim that either I or Persus are on the top-townies. Why don't you think we're actually scum? Why do you prefer your current vote targets instead?

I will be transparent. Scum can use this time to confuddle the town into either making sure their targets are whom they are, and reinforce that notion--if you are town, defend yourself BUT ALSO try to check those attacking you; passivity is not a valid tactic here, at this time.

SBC
Sorry, I was in a hurry and forgot :<  unvote
So you vote and take it back when the notice of a lynch comes up? Like, when it isn't even Monday yet?
Anything driving that notion?

makeinu
Why do you hold your concepts more on what others say, instead of what you're willing to stand on. Are you more than sure about your targets and who you vote, or are you wavering in seeing what everyone else does?

"I'll tell you a trade secret. Out of this time, we're all goodly buddies and chums. In this time, we draw our daggers and practice holding it behind our backs as we observe each other. It's like...poker, I think. I never played that thing."

...Why the heck did you vote yourself?

Persus
Tiruin: I haven't heard anything from you today, what are your thoughts on Luke and Elephant dying and roleflips?
I find this peculiar. You voting me more on the gist of 'I want to hear from you.'
My thoughts on Luke stand as above, and on Elephant..well, I can't give anything on Elephant (I mean seriously, you want me to comment on a nightkill? Interesting.) but I am somewhat surprised on his actions.
Yesterday, EP read to me as a newbie-townie given his...flippancy [no malice intended], for lack of a word in my mind. Care-free is the best term I can attribute to him.
And the roleflips?
...Well, I am very disappointed in Luke, to tell the honest truth. He could've invested more time, or at least given anything on what was happening to him IRL so we can judge it more. I mean, if anything is holding him up IRL, then he should say so lest the crude notion of 'I'm lurking (...despite the votes being on him)' stays.
..I was apprehensive on Luke's case given his last post as I was online for that day end but I couldn't let my vote lie and withdraw it.

I will attack your vote. Why are you voting me with less of an assertive tone and more of a curious tone?

Puff: I only skimmed in the latest moment and am curious--what did you see in Luke at the time being?
What value do you see in others' views of you?
Why do you think your target--referring to what I'm saying above in the general text--is a valid one for your vote? Compared to an easy-newbie scum, how does he perform?

I will be looking back and posting soon enough. Severe apologies.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 07, 2013, 08:32:59 pm »

Y'know I do like the numerous PPE's I see when pressing reply. People type faster than I, hah!

I have to just throw this thought out there, at the risk of sounding crazy-town.

Persus and Tiruin are the two most experienced (on this forum anyway) players in this game. Tiruin keeps being mysteriously absent, and Persus keeps performing duties as IC and also steering the conversations to a degree.

I can't point to anything suspicious, but I think we've been neglecting the possibility that one or both are the scum we're hunting. I have to read back now.
I'll have to point that lurking could be a good justification--but in this matter where I hold every player playing for the sake of playing (lurking == laziness in my mindset), I'd disagree.

Okay okay... Let me take a second here.

Persus:

So uh, oops. We killed our doctor.
Yeah, nice job.

Hey, it's not like I was aware I was lynching the doctor. I believed that I was removing dead weight from the game.

I'm kinda... Really unhappy about this sentence.

Removing dead weight from a 7/2 game... is about the same as adding a 10x burden, way more than a 'dead weight'. Assuming he pulls a griffinup and never comes back.

Especially when there is no reason to vote him... Other than he was 'lurking'. He didn't even SEEM Scummy.

If yer really unhappy, then what? Expound on it!

Also..I hope you don't hold this as an excuse, but RL duress has its toll on me. Severe apologies.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19