Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like to see more of in this Mod?

More enemies! Not enough things to use all the new guns on!
- 3 (7.3%)
More guns! Never enough daka!
- 9 (22%)
More unique/interesting things.
- 7 (17.1%)
FIX THE HUGE AMOUNT OF BUGS YOU ALREADY HAVE MORON!
- 22 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress: Modern! ⊕ Version .28 ⊕  (Read 31788 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Modern! ❧ Version .27 ❧ I need a Cooler Name!
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2014, 07:53:24 pm »

For my first new addition for next mod, I added two new guns with a unique purpose. Well, I guese it is basically a more extreme version of the pistol, maybe not-so-unique! The Woodsman pistol and the Ruger 10/22! Both are .22 guns in real life, firing the cheap but weak ammunition. In this game, that means double what even pistols produce! The woodsman pistol is also cheap enough to make 5 of them per production time, so with two bars of steel you can outfit and entire squad!

These guns bring out the weaknesses of the pistols, too. Remember back when bullets bounced off cloths because of the change in range weapons that I did not foresee in my tests? I brought those back, just for these guns! 10/22 bullets will not typically pierce even a kabold's cloths, making them a poor military weapon. Of course, a headshot will still bring a humanoid down, but don't expect your police force with these to be able to take down even one fully armored goblin with an AK.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2014, 08:03:46 pm »

For my first new addition for next mod, I added two new guns with a unique purpose. Well, I guese it is basically a more extreme version of the pistol, maybe not-so-unique! The Woodsman pistol and the Ruger 10/22! Both are .22 guns in real life, firing the cheap but weak ammunition. In this game, that means double what even pistols produce! The woodsman pistol is also cheap enough to make 5 of them per production time, so with two bars of steel you can outfit and entire squad!

These guns bring out the weaknesses of the pistols, too. Remember back when bullets bounced off cloths because of the change in range weapons that I did not foresee in my tests? I brought those back, just for these guns! 10/22 bullets will not typically pierce even a kabold's cloths, making them a poor military weapon. Of course, a headshot will still bring a humanoid down, but don't expect your police force with these to be able to take down even one fully armored goblin with an AK.

Cheap handguns for everyone! except regular military and police and anyone else who actually needs to kill something...
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2014, 08:12:56 pm »

Cheap handguns for everyone! except regular military and police and anyone else who actually needs to kill something...

:P. Part of the idea is that your dude's can get some range time in, in return for part of your industry. Just got to have your shiny new Legendary+5 Marksdwarves switch our their targeting pistol for a rifle and you are golden! On the other hand, of course, I changed all real armor in the game to not block everything 100% of the time. You could technically give everyone in the fortress a gun and some bullets, point them in the general direction of the enemy, and wait for the !FUN! to happen! I'm doing that right now in the Arena!

Milksquid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2014, 11:52:37 pm »

Too many great mods. How do I play them all? This one sounds great!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2014, 08:58:10 pm »

Thanks! One thing I like to do from time to time is throw a bunch together, allowing you to play them all at once. Of course, my modding style doesn't really let you do that without some work on your end, unless the other mod is very modular. If you need help with playing, downloading, or otherwise using this or other mods I will try my best to assist you if you ask.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2015, 02:07:59 pm »

So far, most of the votes seem to be going to Bug fixing. I havn't had the time or inclination to play DF recently, but still have enough time to make some simple fixes. As always, you guys can help me out a lot by pointing out when things don't work the way they should! I can't fix anything if I don't know what is broken.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2015, 10:20:02 pm »

Uhh, sorry about the last one having an extra objects file in it. Don't know how that managed to get in there  :-\. I am just upgrading it right now to remove the extra double file, nothing else has changed. If you have the old one there is no reason to update.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2015, 04:38:03 pm »

......I completely forgot my password to my account or something, and currently can't access it. What should have been an easy update will now take some time, sorry  :-\. For now, you can delete the redundant Objects file yourself, if you don't want that annoying extra hundred Kbs of data lying around. I also forgot my password to the email-account I had it connected to, so this is a problem I will have to fix...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2015, 09:56:16 pm »

Alright! I have a little bit of free time to update this, I have been missing a lot of newer versions. Ill try to find and remove some glitches as well. As always, it helps if you point out the things I am missing!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2015, 12:40:35 pm »

Alright! New version up! I fixed all the guns (again) so the game should be at least playable. I still couldn't remember the password, so I just made a new page for it. Oh well, no difference between the old account and the new.

Once consequence of the update is that guns now have a much slower firing time. I had to increase the weight of the bullets for them to act like they had before, unfortunately increasing the time it took to fire in compensation. As always, bring up any problems, comments, or ideas to me!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Modern! ❧ Version .28 ❧ I need a Cooler Name!
« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2015, 08:45:27 pm »

Ahh, I am sorry I haven't had any time to work on this since going to collage. Still, I will probably have enough time to do some quick fixes to make sure everything (Or at least the important stuff  :P) runs smoothly sometime semi-soon. Probably over the weakened. The thing that takes me the most time is testing! If anyone knows where any bugs are already, please report them! Ideas are always welcome, of course, though I probably won't get to implementing them fore a while  :-\.

...The classic version still probably works at least  :P.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2015, 06:55:36 pm »

Alright! I am not as outdated as I first thought. I am now working on it again, at least for the weekend~. Expect an updated version fixing at least a few bugs or just reworking some things in the next few days/tonight if I do enough work.

Khorinis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2015, 06:26:13 pm »

does this mod work for adventure mode?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2015, 07:24:35 pm »

does this mod work for adventure mode?

Yep! I have a lot of fun playing in adventure mode myself. Of course, since everyone has what are essentially crossbows that can kill you or end your adventure in one hit, it is prudent to use some kind of stealth to avoid being shot. There isn't any adventure mode specific content, but a lot of the military advancements still work for adventure mode.

I am still working on improvements, I didn't get as much time as I thought I would have. I am currently trying to fix the computers. I thought about adding something, such as the ability to make some animals into something with a bit more combat power, but then remembered I should probably get back to bug fixing. As always, please give me your suggestions, feedback, and bug reports!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]