Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like to see more of in this Mod?

More enemies! Not enough things to use all the new guns on!
- 3 (7.3%)
More guns! Never enough daka!
- 9 (22%)
More unique/interesting things.
- 7 (17.1%)
FIX THE HUGE AMOUNT OF BUGS YOU ALREADY HAVE MORON!
- 22 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress: Modern! ⊕ Version .28 ⊕  (Read 31901 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Modern! ❧ Version .242 ❧
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2014, 12:39:23 pm »

Haven't tried this yet but it looks really interesting...keep at it and I will have to try it soon!

Mr. Unobvious

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of orphan tears
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2014, 04:01:30 pm »

This mod seems to act extremely weird with the phoebus tileset, things go crazy and tiles get jumbled, ores look like berries and whatnot. I like the mod but I can't stand playing in ASCII. I generally use the Starter Pack and after installing the mod I put in the phoebus tileset. I can deal with stuff added by the mod being letters and whatnot; however just plain ASCII is just a strain on the eyes.
Urist McEntombed says: At least it does not rain down here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2014, 09:24:30 pm »

This mod seems to act extremely weird with the phoebus tileset, things go crazy and tiles get jumbled, ores look like berries and whatnot. I like the mod but I can't stand playing in ASCII. I generally use the Starter Pack and after installing the mod I put in the phoebus tileset. I can deal with stuff added by the mod being letters and whatnot; however just plain ASCII is just a strain on the eyes.

Understandable, a lot of people like using graphics, and you are the second person to mention this. I don't know much about tilesets, but I will see if I can make a more "Phobeus compatible" version soon. I have some time tonight and tomorrow, and should be able to get it before Monday, probably tomorrow. Maybe tonight if it is really easy to understand and fix.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

stepnoy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2014, 10:36:07 am »

Oil processing Plant as well as Power Plant consumes any stones instead of oil/petrolium. Is that normal? Also I didn't meet oil yet and I don't know how it looks like.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2014, 04:39:12 pm »

Oil processing Plant as well as Power Plant consumes any stones instead of oil/petrolium. Is that normal? Also I didn't meet oil yet and I don't know how it looks like.

Nope, not normal at all. Well, it isn't supposed to be. Ill look into and see what I messed up on, thank you for bringing this to my attention. Oil tiles look like a blue O and form layers.

---------

Looking at it at my end, everything is working fine. Did you do anything else to it, like have another mod activated?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 04:52:34 pm by Stirk »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2014, 04:58:20 pm »

Also, I think I fixed the Phobeus problem. The only thing that was really different was Cerussite, which has the @ character. To fix this, open up "inorganic stone mineral" file, Ctrl+f @, and replace it with pretty much anything else. That should be the only real problem with Phobeus.

stepnoy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2014, 06:08:29 pm »

Nope, not normal at all. Well, it isn't supposed to be. Ill look into and see what I messed up on, thank you for bringing this to my attention. Oil tiles look like a blue O and form layers.

---------

Looking at it at my end, everything is working fine. Did you do anything else to it, like have another mod activated?

Nope. I had tried to install this mod by two ways:
1. Completely overwrite object directory by mod object folder.
2. Copy all files from mod folder into the game, and replace some of original files. Some files stay untouched.

Both ways leads to this weird bug.

May be it is important - I use mac version with dwarf therapist. I use "clean" distributive. By "clean" I mean Lazy Newb pack 0.5.3 for mac.

Whether oil and petroleum are boulders, which can be mined by the pick?

------------

And one more thing, when a random boulder is "processed from crude oil" it turns to the magma, which is stuck inside a workshop (I can see it by using T hotkey).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 06:14:27 pm by stepnoy »

stepnoy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2014, 06:25:18 pm »

And once again, I never found any mentions about oil/petroleum in embark screen/economy stones list/storage list. In one word - nowhere.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2014, 07:13:16 pm »

May be it is important - I use mac version with dwarf therapist. I use "clean" distributive. By "clean" I mean Lazy Newb pack 0.5.3 for mac.

Yeah that is kind of important, I test on vanilla windows version. But it shouldn't ruin it completely.

Whether oil and petroleum are boulders, which can be mined by the pick?

Oil is, and it should be showing up on the embark screen, at least.

And one more thing, when a random boulder is "processed from crude oil" it turns to the magma, which is stuck inside a workshop (I can see it by using T hotkey).

Magma is basically the game going "I know you want something here, but I don't know what it is", it is the default item. This probably means that oil and petroleum aren't in your files, for whatever reason.

Could you go to the objects folder, and open the file "Inorganic_stone_layer" and tell me if any of the added stones appear here?

stepnoy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2014, 11:43:34 am »

I don't know what it was. But when I had copied raw folder from my PC to mac all seems to works well. Maybe it was connected with mac lazy newb behaviour. Anyway thanks for support!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2014, 10:37:05 am »

I don't know what it was. But when I had copied raw folder from my PC to mac all seems to works well. Maybe it was connected with mac lazy newb behaviour. Anyway thanks for support!

Sorry I couldn't be any help, I will take note of your assumption and use it if anyone else runs into the same problem. I hope you enjoy the game!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2014, 08:58:23 pm »

Well, I am in collage now, and may or may not have extra mod time on my hands at any given point. I know it has taken me a while to get the next update, but I should be able to get the relatively simple stuff done over the weakened. I can give the goblins vehicals easy enough (mostly just cut and paste), though I will probably put off the non-finished bug fixes until later.

And we will be labeling it this time! It will say "Version .243" instead of "Objects", so you know what version you have. Don't know why I didn't do that sooner.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2014, 12:56:34 pm »

Start labeling the ZIP file with the current version instead of just calling it "Objects".
Remove shields again.
Changing "Crossbowman (Ect) back to "Marksman"(ect)
Goblins now have vehicals.

Alright! New fix is out! Still a lot to work on, but at least I can publish the easy stuff.
Goblins where given vehicals at ~1/4 what the Tyrannians have, making most of them pretty rare. I havn't tested it yet, but hope everything goes well! As always, please post feedback and ideas.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Modern! ❧ Version .243 ❧
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2014, 07:43:31 pm »

I was just testing it, and it looks like I forgot to take the Bombola test reaction out for the last published version. Basically you can transform any dwarf into one, for free, just probably costing them their life. Feel free to test it yourselves, or ignore it if you don't like playing with half-finished stuff.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Modern! ❧ Version .25 ❧
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2014, 11:59:04 am »

All right, important update .25! The last version of DF nerfed ranged weaponry, so I had to upgrade and re balance everything. The guns should now be lethal enough to actually kill things again!

Note that that pistols and submachine guns seem to be a little less lethal than before, while the assault rifles and shotguns seem to be a bit more powerful than last version. Sniper rifles where untouched, as they could still rip apart enemies very well. Test out yourself, with this in mind! As always, please post questions and ideas, I really need feedback!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8