Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Cards against Humanity  (Read 7798 times)

greatorder

Cards against Humanity
« on: December 04, 2013, 10:33:49 am »

Just a thread for anyone if they want to organise a game of it, since I was unable to find a pre-existing one.

What is cards against humanity?
Cards against humanity is a game often compared to apples to apples, except, as they put it, it's as horrible as you and your drunk friends are. There's a black card that is drawn from the deck, and every player has to choose one or more white cards (depending on the number of blank spaces or if it's a question), and one player, the card czar, has to select his favourite once everyone has put their cards down.

Where can I play it?
There's an online clone of it here, or you can buy it from amazon or another online retailer. Probably won't find it in a shop. They have a reputation to keep! I find online more convenient at present, so I've not tried a physical version. Apparently, you can print the cards off at home, as their website has the files for it. http://cardsagainsthumanity.com/

In all, it's a simple, disgustingly hilarious game.

I presently have no games going. Check around the thread to see if anyone else is playing.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:22:43 am by greatorder »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cards against Humanity
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 10:38:44 am »

You can also make your own physical copy for free. The files are on their website.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 10:41:30 am »

CAH is amazing, especially in person. On the linked online site, I recommend not using the 'extra' fan-made sets, for the simple reason of them being utter shit.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 10:46:21 am »

I can confirm that pretty much all of the fan sets are irredeemable garbage.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 10:52:29 am »

I can quickly review this game as saying it's a hilarious good time, and you WILL feel like the absolute worst person in the world. It's wonderful.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 10:52:43 am »

Most of the fan packs are some combination of in-jokey, outright stupid, or just flat out aren't well designed.

However - and it hurts me to say this with sincerity - my little group found the Furry pack to actually be a solid addition. Not all of it's even Furry! (Or if it is I would much rather be kept in the dark)

We played several nights with a different fan pack each session and that's the only one that didn't just regularly ruin everything. I think the /v/ pack has a few gems in it, too, but I wouldn't really recommend it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 11:13:46 am »

I like PYZ but yeah, all the custom packs are awful and most games use them so that makes it hard to get any good games.
Shoes...

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 11:36:42 am »

I played this for over 3h with friends and managed to get a total score of exactly 0.... I think I suck at being naughty :(

It was good fun though!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 11:39:05 am »

I find this to be quite fun to play, at least the online clone.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 11:43:17 am »

A hilarious game. Many lulz will be had playing it. Do not play it with people who don't have a flexible sense of humor. It's the kind of game that quickly teaches you where people's boundaries are.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 04:46:30 pm »

Oh my god, this game.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 12:54:45 pm »

Of course, the best cards are the ones you make yourself.

White cards:
[Blowing things out of proportion]
[A Really Big Gun]
[A Thagomizer]
[Literally Being Hitler]
[The Werewolf Inside]

Black Cards:
[Band name:__________ First Album:__________]
[During my vision quest, I discovered that my spirit animal was ___________]
[Oh my gosh! How did this bum die?]
[Stephen King's new book, ___________, was written to "satisfy ____________"]

Naturally, combinations such as spirit animal and Big Gun make for strong contenders.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 02:18:38 pm »

Password don'- no wait it's the link that's wrong. You have it right in the PWYB thread.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2014, 03:39:42 pm »

Card-fixing note: remove 'the's and 'a's and capitalize stuff.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 02:26:10 pm »

Card-fixing note: remove 'the's and 'a's and capitalize stuff.

Black cards shouldn't have "the" or "a" before the blanks, and should be capitalized like regular sentences. White cards should have a capital first letter and a period.

It's best to test black cards with a variety of white cards... just off the top of my head, I'd go with at least a singular person, a group, an object, and a gerund (ends in -ing). There are a few other white cards worth testing- "Me" comes to mind- but that should be good. White cards are harder to test since black cards are so variable, but try comparing white cards to other white cards to see if there's anything similar, grammatically speaking.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: [1] 2 3