Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31

Author Topic: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation [one spot open]  (Read 21771 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Pokemon Rivals - The next generation [one spot open]
« on: December 05, 2013, 07:05:52 am »

Hello and welcome to a Pokemon RP-Tournament-Hybrid of grand proportions, large enough to deserve it's own seperate thread from the main one, as the world (or at least bay12) has never seen before.

In this thread, you will journey through the lands of Baitwey, face various Gym-Battles and of course your Rivals, grow in skill alongside them, and maybe one of you will surely become Pokemon-Master at the end of the journey.

Spoiler: Format (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The rounds (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gyms (click to show/hide)

Charsheet:

Name:
Caught Pokemons:
Inventory:
Routes traveled:

Please keep track of what items you hold and everything else. You may already call upon your starter now.

Remember, the point of the game is Rivalry - Your team changes every round, and can adapt to your rivals. What defeated your last turn might turn into your strength next turn, given you picked an appropriate counter to previous danger. With 10 rounds, every players has the chance to make a turnabout.

Nicknames are encouraged.

-----------------------------------

I'll only call upon a gym-position if there are not enough other player around.

[8/8] minimum players for the game to start aquired, but accepting up to 10

Akroma
Caught Pokemons: Erubetie(Gastrodon), Alme Elma(Ninjask), Amphisbaena(Lilligant), Hainuwele(Talonflame), Granberia(Haxorus)
Inventory: Pokeballx6, Leftovers, 2xFocus Sash, Flying Gem, Life Orb, TM6: Toxic, TM62: Acrobatics, TM26: Earthquake, TM84, Poison Jab
Routes traveled: Sankt Forest, Haunted Mansion Forest, Avesta Bridge, Mount Vernier
Badges: Bug, Normal, Fighting. Flying

Name: Paladin (Darkpaladin109)
Caught Pokemons: Rhino(Heracross),Electron (Manectric), Buddy (Budew), Marshall (Marshtomp)
Inventory: 6 Pokeballs, TM101: Megahorn, Life Orb, Bug Gem, TM18: Giga drain, HM05: Waterfall
Routes Traveled: Sankt Forest, Daycare Center,  Penumbral Marsh
Badges: Bug, Normal, Fighting

Angel Carlson (GreatWyrmGold)
Pokemon: Anura (Frogadier), Chroma (Kirlia), Rick (Riolu), Phantump
Inventory: 2 Leftover Lunch, Eviolite, 6 Pokeballs, Sitrus Berry, TM61: Will-O-Wisp, TM 99: Dazzling Gleam
Routes traveled: Sankt Forest, Haunted Mansion Forest, Penumbral March
Badges: Bug, Normal

Name: Zach Plumns (Z) (MeimieFan88)
Caught Pokemons: Shruumish (Shroomish), Findy (Larvesta), Panacea (Vaporeon)
Inventory: 7xPokeballs, Rocky Helmet, Life Orb, Leftovers
Routes traveled: Sankt Forest, Daycare river
Badges: Normal

Name: Destrinn Castur (Rolepgeek)
Caught Pokemon: Starpy (Banette), Fluffy(Granbull), Sheldon(Crawdaunt), Klerra(Scizor), Polly(Aerodactyl)
Items: 5x Pokeballs, Life Orb, 2xFocus Sash, Leftovers, TM92: Trick Room, Choice Band, TM12: Taunt, TM71: Stone Edge
Routes traveled: Sankt Forest, Upland Ranch River, Team Mal Labs, Chiropt Tunnel
Badges: Bug, Normal, Flying

Name: Alice Baskerville (Kansa)
Caught Pokemon: Swinub(Furio), Vivillion(Dahlia), Floette(L'Belle), PorygonZ(Quercus), Barbacle(Von Karma)
Items: 6x Pokeballs, 2x Life Orb, 2xLeftovers, TM26: Earthquake, Focus Sash
Routes Travelled: Sankt Forest, Ruined Manor(forest), Evil Labs, Quatown
Badges: Bug

Name: Robin Esterwald (Bluerobin)
Caught Pokemon: Geoffrey (Togekiss), Ignatius (Tentacruel), Lorraine (Ludicolo), Cuprum (Bronzong), Thingamajig (Porygon2)
Items: 5x Pokeballs, 2xLeftovers, Eviolite, TM55: Scald, TM26: Earthquake, Damp Rock, Quick Claw, TM73: Thunder Wave
Routes traveled: Bellona Island Ferry, Daycare Wetlands, Penumbral Marsh, Iselen Foundry
Badges: Normal, Fighting, Flying

Name: Yangus (UltraValican)
Pokemon: Azazel(Scrafty), Enrico(Nidoking), Puck(Gengar), Chili(Eeelecktross), Crazy-D(Steelix)
Items: LeftoversX2, Lifeorv, Blacksludge, Expert Belt, Giga Drain, Flash Cannon
Routes Traveled: Sankt Forest, Haunted Manor Forest, Team Mal Laboratories, Mt.Vernier
Badges: Bug, Fighting

Une Town - Kansa - Bug

Deux City - Akroma - Normal

Trois City - DarkPaladin109 - Fighting

Quatown - Bluerobin - Flying

Cinq City - Rolepgeek - Ice

Sei City - MeimieFan88 - Grass

Siette town - GreatWyrmGold - Dragon.  As announced, this will be a dual-type gym for dual battles. Fittingly, the type to go alongside dragon would be fairy. Depending on time-zones, GWG will either lead this gym alongside a partner, that he can freely choose, or alone.

Achtown - UltraValican - Rock
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 02:44:01 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 08:30:48 am »

Name:Scapheap
Caught Pokemons: Magnemite
Inventory:9xpokeballs, lagging tail
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 08:32:56 am »

lagging tail? oh boy, I sense incoming shenanigans incoming....(know, I will not accept exploit teams such as spooky boogy)

anyway, are you calling upon a gym type?

edit: ahhh, I get it, for analytic of course! Interesting choice
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 08:38:17 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 08:40:03 am »

lagging tail? oh boy, I sense incoming shenanigans incoming....(know, I will not accept exploit teams such as spooky boogy)

Electric.
(*Google spooky boogy* How did someone get shadow force on Liepard?)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 08:44:41 am »

you get shadow force on smeargle and use liepard with assist. then you make a team full of moves that do not get chosen by assist other than shadow force

through prankster, assist always has priority, while lagging tail makes sure shadow force goes last - meaning you can not be hit by anything but priority attacks

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 08:47:39 am »

Stuff
No worries about me doing anything like that. Didn't even know that assist had moves it won't use.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 09:02:24 am »

(example, sure you can find a Gyarados on open sea. However, finding a Sandshrew here is impossible)
Wanna bet?

Spoiler: Angel Carlson (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 09:05:45 am »

I should inform you that Blaziken is an uber, as such, Torchic would have to remain un-evolved for 9/10th of the game. Maybe you wish to change your choice?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 09:16:20 am »

Name: Z
Caught Pokemons: Shroomish
Inventory: PokeBallx9, Rocky Helmet
Routes traveled: None
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 09:20:05 am »

Remember guys, to call upon gym types

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 09:33:41 am »

I'm a bit confused about how gyms work... do players play as gym leaders?
Ear teeth

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 09:36:20 am »

yes. Each player calls upon a type, and is then assigned to a city. once that city is reached, additionaly to the normal battles, any player may challenge the gym leader to earn a bonus item, and more importantly, access to all TMs of that type.

the team a gym leader uses is independant of that players actually caught pokemon, but of course must be of the called type.

the player who is leading a gym each round automaticaly gains the bonus of beating himself.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 09:43:51 am »

Oooh gotcha.

I'll pick Grass.
Ear teeth

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 11:18:14 am »

Though I won't be able to join this round, I'll definitely be watching with interest. ^_^

EDIT:

edit: ahhh, I get it, for analytic of course! Interesting choice
Ah, but it's such fun.  One faster priority move, and the team goes splat. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 11:26:42 am by Culise »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 11:21:16 am »

I should inform you that Blaziken is an uber, as such, Torchic would have to remain un-evolved for 9/10th of the game. Maybe you wish to change your choice?
Yeah, probably a good idea.

Let's go with Froakie, then. Also, I call the Dragon gym.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31