Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What mods are you planning for the new version?  (Read 2596 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: What mods are you planning for the new version?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 11:08:30 am »

Splitting things up is easy, you will have to handle translations and such :)

The result will be available in a day or two (depends on when I get to a library next).
The whole package will be as automated as I can make it, so it should be easy to use...
The app will be for windows, but as the main guts are a Raptor script non-windows users will be able to run it via Rubble (instructions will be provided).
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 11:49:48 am »

And done!

Download (at DFFD)

It should work fine, but if you want things done differently just ask :)

One thing: Generating the symbol file is VERY slow, blame my poor algorithm ;)

More details in the readme.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2013, 09:56:28 pm »

The quick/normal/heavy/wild attack styles mentioned in a DF Talk appeared to be hardcoded, but I wonder how much control modders might have over it.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 01:21:47 pm »

I thought it wasn't hardcoded? Let's call Putnam on this one.
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2013, 02:50:35 pm »

I haven't seen any raws for it, so I assume it's hardcoded.

Attack prepare and recover times for individual attacks are moddable, though, with this token:

[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3] this is what it defaults to; the first number is preparation time, second is recovery time.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2013, 09:45:09 pm »

I plan on making a from-scratch type mod for the next version. Focus will be on surface-dwelling, hunter-gatherer centaurs, with mercantile humans and dwarves alongside as playable races. I've already got lots of ideas for how to populate the world from the devlog :) Going to be fun.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2013, 12:48:07 am »

I haven't seen any raws for it, so I assume it's hardcoded.

Attack prepare and recover times for individual attacks are moddable, though, with this token:

[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3] this is what it defaults to; the first number is preparation time, second is recovery time.

Was that for creature body part attacks, weapon attacks, or perhaps both? Or is the token used in another context? EDIT: Found it

In terms of the clicks of the world, where normally when you take a step in the game it takes about 9 to 10 ticks of the clock if you're walking. And so an attack now, it might be, depending on what you think the tile size is and so on it's a little slow, but the average attack now will take 6 ticks, but... so an attack is incoming for part of that, and then the person's recovering from the attack for part of th

regular: 3,3
quick: 2,2 (-50% velocity)
heavy: 4,4 (+50% velocity)
wild: 2,5 (velocity bonus, minus to hit, unbalanced while recovering)
precise: 5,? (increased everything, especially bonus to hit)

It looks like long preparation time boosts accuracy, but telegraphs your intents to observant enemies. It also looks like long recovery time boosts the velocity of the attack, but makes you more vulnerable. Inversely, short prep time decreases accuracy and short recovery time decreases velocity.

It also appears that you add the two numbers to get the number of ticks for the attack - so a creature that attacked with 1,1 (if possible) would dance around and attack three times as often as you. Could be useful if it had poison or something and just needed to scratch you.

EDIT:
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:<incoming time>:<recover time>]

3:3 is a standard punch and 4:4 is a standard kick at this point, and those numbers are modified by the adjective you apply in play.

[ATTACK_FLAG_INDEPENDENT_MULTIATTACK] <- hydra head
[ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK] <- kick

So we can make at least creature attacks take different speeds, and since adjectives only modify the times, a quick punch is still faster than a quick kick.

So someone might make a monster with quick latching tentacles that don't do much damage. However if it hooks you, you have a harder time dodging the slow powerful bite attack which follows.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 12:56:36 am by Urist Da Vinci »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2013, 12:52:55 am »

That's for creature attacks. I assume weapon attacks may take this form:

Code: [Select]
[ATTACK:EDGE:100:1000:slash:slashes:NO_SUB:1000:3:3]
Note that added 3:3 at the end.

Note also that I may be wrong.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2013, 01:01:04 am »

I edited my older post before I saw the new one.

IF it works on weapons then "fencing" swords could be biased towards careful strikes, and "cursed/evil" axes might be biased towards wild strikes, just by adjusting the "default" times.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2014, 04:51:04 pm »

If the language files have been updated, it will be necessary to restore the.... more “untoward” words back in the language. I will make an effort to do in that scenario, if I have the time.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Visus Draconis

• Bay Watcher
  • Prognosticationist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 03:14:40 pm »

I plan on making all sorts of new trees, based off SethCreiyd's Dwarf Chocolate stuff.

Trees studded with staring eyes! Monoliths of bone! Spires of flesh that have organ fruits! Underground mushrooms that bear bituminous coal!
"Armok, I would like a set of ☼adamantine socks☼ for the winter holiday."

Syndrome-causing cloud of creeping mist appears at the edge of the map.

"I'll take that as a no."

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 03:34:29 pm »

I plan on making all sorts of new trees, based off SethCreiyd's Dwarf Chocolate stuff.
It's the Fruit of the Month Tree!  Drops a completely different fruit every 28 days...
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 06:01:28 pm »

Well new version I'm redoing my first mod Regen, basically starting with vanilla and adding the better features in and improving everything else that I have learned to do better and have fun with the new attacks (dual wielding soliders that and end you almost as fast as bruce lee could)

And a new system for units like veterancy, so now your war hardened warriors will become more bad-ass just from all the wars they have been though.

Plus a mix of a few things I wanted to try for a bit

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2014, 08:04:43 pm »

And a new system for units like veterancy, so now your war hardened warriors will become more bad-ass just from all the wars they have been though.

I am currently working on a system that tracks a units kills and allows extra skills and such to be added after a certain amount of kills (thinking about adding different tracking for megabeast kills and such).

Is there something in the new version that will allow better creation of such a system?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2014, 08:55:20 pm »

I am currently working on a system that tracks a units kills and allows extra skills and such to be added after a certain amount of kills (thinking about adding different tracking for megabeast kills and such).

Is there something in the new version that will allow better creation of such a system?
Right now I'm just using counters COMBATHARDNESS (are you using DFHack? If so i'm trying to go all DF mechanics, hence why it's a WIP)
it also lets you know when that unit has become more resistant to tragedy by the vet level (Veteran, Elite, Heroic)
Debating on adding extra "feats" for the elite and heroic levels (aura of courage, or war cry(which has a chance to strike fear and other weakening effects))

Kinda cool to imagine that an army of heroic legendary dwarves inspiring each other and all shouting at the enemy as they charge into battle, scaring the be-gebus out of the attackers (must be watching too much thor and captain 'mercia)

Wonder if Toady slipped some extra counter_triggers in. Gonna have to read the release notes when the new version is out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3