Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What mods are you planning for the new version?  (Read 2598 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What mods are you planning for the new version?
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 01:42:18 am »

And a new system for units like veterancy, so now your war hardened warriors will become more bad-ass just from all the wars they have been though.

I am currently working on a system that tracks a units kills and allows extra skills and such to be added after a certain amount of kills (thinking about adding different tracking for megabeast kills and such).

Is there something in the new version that will allow better creation of such a system?

Right now I'm just using counters COMBATHARDNESS (are you using DFHack? If so i'm trying to go all DF mechanics, hence why it's a WIP)
it also lets you know when that unit has become more resistant to tragedy by the vet level (Veteran, Elite, Heroic)
Debating on adding extra "feats" for the elite and heroic levels (aura of courage, or war cry(which has a chance to strike fear and other weakening effects))

Kinda cool to imagine that an army of heroic legendary dwarves inspiring each other and all shouting at the enemy as they charge into battle, scaring the be-gebus out of the attackers (must be watching too much thor and captain 'mercia)

Wonder if Toady slipped some extra counter_triggers in. Gonna have to read the release notes when the new version is out.

Ah, yeah I am using DFHack so it wouldn't be applicable with your system. I am interested in seeing if their are any extra counter_triggers as well.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: What mods are you planning for the new version?
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2014, 01:52:03 am »

Quote from: Paaaad
Will tears of joy exist as well?
Quote from: Knight Otu
Technically, Toady mentioned the secretion trigger as "extreme emotion", so I wouldn't necessarily discount it (and he wants to get to some kind of cheerier territory). On the other hand, people seem to interpret the negative social response usage hit rather too broadly as emotional usage hints in general.

Indeed, the important question is whether or not joy exists, and how much.  If it does exist in sufficient quantities, it will make people cry, since the extreme emotion trigger applies to anything that passes a threshold.  Joy being one of them depends on certain conversions for dwarf mode thoughts which are probably going to be quite diverse, but I'm not 100% sure what the final emotion list will be.  Does happiness rated at 100% bring tears of joy or just tears of great happiness?  I'm trying to choose the emotion words as precisely as I can, respecting the situation causing the emotion, but I think there'll be screw-ups, sloppiness and differing views there continuing forward, especially because certain words don't work as well when you consider both the causal situation and the strength of emotion.  I'm trying to restrict to situation as the primary determiner.

Yeah, there was an over-interpretation here of the negative social response hint -- it has to do with a creature's reaction to another creature, rather than the emotion levels in its head, and I just threw in a simple trigger for reaction since it is what I needed.  Depending on how the above stuff turns out, I might end up making broader interpretations true or not.  We'll see.
Pages: 1 2 [3]