Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: The fortress of nobles succession fort  (Read 5989 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: The fortress of nobles succession fort
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2013, 09:52:29 pm »

If anyone wants to post a pre-embark journal or establish their dwarfs personality, within the embark idea as kindly set by Grimmash, feel free to.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2013, 10:33:40 pm »

My dorf is an idiot - feel free to blatantly contradict him, lie to him, whatever.  He just thinks he is in charge, but only sees reality as his noble mind twists it to make sense to him.  In other words, I don't want to squash anyone else's creativity.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2013, 07:55:41 pm »

Okay, this fortress is starting up tonight.  I've finally finished orbtrances.  It just... wouldn't... die... quickly... stupid tantrum spirals making nothing get done and drawing out the end.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2013, 08:54:59 pm »

From a Missive Written by Gnorm:

My dear father,

I am sure that it troubles you to hear of your son's promotion into the ranks of administration. I am quite familiar with the punitive measures taken upon you for not fulfilling the demands of the count back at our home; several hammer-strikes for the lack of trumpets is indeed a harsh punishment. I write to remind you, father, that my new position provides for me a much larger income, of which I will be sure to send to you. In addition, this will put me in a far better position to obtain a wife and provide our name with more heirs. Surely, you must see the reason behind my acceptance of this position.

The expedition is being led by the Lord Grimmelsworth, a josser if I've ever seen one. The fool decided that our current fort was to bourgeois for his tastes, and seeks to create a new fortress that will better appeal to his noble tastes. Being that I am known as a scrupulous dwarf at our fortress, he personally requested that I join him to manage the work orders. This will be an expedition that shall go down in our history books, should all go well, for the team that he selected seems to be well equipped to carve civilization out of savagery.

I assure you father, when you are a graying dwarf you will be able to smile upon your son and descendants and say with the greatest pride: "This, was our finest hour."

With the utmost respect,
Gnorm
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2013, 10:49:59 am »

Diary of Dulhem:
1 Granite
Today we have arrived at a site that “Lord” Grimmelsworth found acceptable.  Good for him, I suppose, but enough of the others agreed with him that here we stay.  We are on the border of the badlands, where it merges with a lush forest, and here we are to set up the fortress.
15 Granite
Lord Grimmelsworth has agreed, after much convincing, to work alongside me in the project of digging out our new home.  With his help, it should go a LITTLE bit faster.
14 Slate
The very temporary nobles quarters have been dug, and the furniture is under production.  These rooms will have to serve until I have time to mine out better ones.  Or better yet, get someone else to do it.
22 Slate
We have struck red spinel!  Maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea to settle here after all…
14 Felsite
Progress is well under-way on the servants quarters.  After all, the whiny brats have to be housed somewhere.  Of course, if any ever follow us out here, they won’t have beds for a while, the wood is needed for the nobility, naturally.
17 Felsite
The trade depot has been built, thanks to Jamandu, who is working as our impromptu carpenter.
1 Hematite
Summer has arrived, and all of our rooms have the bare necessities.  Some work will be done for the communal dining hall before we get our armor stands and whatnot, unfortunately.  Hopefully that will be done soon.
19 Hematite
The first of the plump helmet harvest is in!  Praise Armok!  I was beginning to worry about running out of booze…
1 Malachite
The still is finally operational.  Hissinh Walnuts is going to start making booze soon.  Our stocks are beginning to run low.
19 Malachite
What do I see on the horizon?  Is it… dwarfs?
1 Limestone
The stone, wood, and gem working area nears completion, and several workshops have been set up already.
12 Limestone
I have achieved the rank of legendary miner.  I can cut through walls with tremendous ease, and stone melts before me.
21 Limestone
Armok damned keas came today and stole a bunch of cloth and other assorted stuff.  I knew I should have had it moved indoors.
26 Limestone
More migrants!  I wonder if any of the nobility has decided to grace our fortress yet…
Yes!  One of the dwarfs introduced herself as the fortress representative of the craftsdwarfs guild.  Most excellent.
9 Sandstone
Work has begun on a new quarters for the nobility, with stone walls as opposed to unstable dirt ones.
And the peasants have been whining about the lack of rooms.  If you don’t like it, become a noble, my mother always used to say.
12 Timber
A dwarfen caravan has arrived!  Get all of the trade goods to the depot!  Yes, peasants, that means you.
12 Moonstone
We traded with the caravan shortly before it left.  That was close.  We traded away some of our goods for a bunch of cheese, because our food stocks had been running low.
1 Granite
Spring has arrived, and with it, I defer to Lord Grimmelsworth as true leader of this fortress.  He proved is usefulness doing mining with me, and is rightful leader here, for all time.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2013, 03:14:34 pm »

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2013, 11:54:47 pm »

I'll pick this up tomorrow, hopefully.  Finishing off presentations and whatnot.  I have a master's thesis defense later this week, so updates may be a bit slow, but I'll work through it :).

I keep getting turns on travel weeks, darn my luck.

Urist McAxedwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2013, 07:54:56 am »

Diary of Dulhem:
1 Granite
Today we have arrived at a site that “Lord” Grimmelsworth found acceptable.  Good for him, I suppose, but enough of the others agreed with him that here we stay.  We are on the border of the badlands, where it merges with a lush forest, and here we are to set up the fortress.
15 Granite
Lord Grimmelsworth has agreed, after much convincing, to work alongside me in the project of digging out our new home.  With his help, it should go a LITTLE bit faster.
14 Slate
The very temporary nobles quarters have been dug, and the furniture is under production.  These rooms will have to serve until I have time to mine out better ones.  Or better yet, get someone else to do it.
22 Slate
We have struck red spinel!  Maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea to settle here after all…
14 Felsite
Progress is well under-way on the servants quarters.  After all, the whiny brats have to be housed somewhere.  Of course, if any ever follow us out here, they won’t have beds for a while, the wood is needed for the nobility, naturally.
17 Felsite
The trade depot has been built, thanks to Jamandu, who is working as our impromptu carpenter.
1 Hematite
Summer has arrived, and all of our rooms have the bare necessities.  Some work will be done for the communal dining hall before we get our armor stands and whatnot, unfortunately.  Hopefully that will be done soon.
19 Hematite
The first of the plump helmet harvest is in!  Praise Armok!  I was beginning to worry about running out of booze…
1 Malachite
The still is finally operational.  Hissinh Walnuts is going to start making booze soon.  Our stocks are beginning to run low.
19 Malachite
What do I see on the horizon?  Is it… dwarfs?
1 Limestone
The stone, wood, and gem working area nears completion, and several workshops have been set up already.
12 Limestone
I have achieved the rank of legendary miner.  I can cut through walls with tremendous ease, and stone melts before me.
21 Limestone
Armok damned keas came today and stole a bunch of cloth and other assorted stuff.  I knew I should have had it moved indoors.
26 Limestone
More migrants!  I wonder if any of the nobility has decided to grace our fortress yet…
Yes!  One of the dwarfs introduced herself as the fortress representative of the craftsdwarfs guild.  Most excellent.
9 Sandstone
Work has begun on a new quarters for the nobility, with stone walls as opposed to unstable dirt ones.
And the peasants have been whining about the lack of rooms.  If you don’t like it, become a noble, my mother always used to say.
12 Timber
A dwarfen caravan has arrived!  Get all of the trade goods to the depot!  Yes, peasants, that means you.
12 Moonstone
We traded with the caravan shortly before it left.  That was close.  We traded away some of our goods for a bunch of cheese, because our food stocks had been running low.
1 Granite
Spring has arrived, and with it, I defer to Lord Grimmelsworth as true leader of this fortress.  He proved is usefulness doing mining with me, and is rightful leader here, for all time.

Excellent start, maybe we can even survive until my turn!

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2013, 11:15:22 am »

My schedule is packed this week, my thesis defense is taking more time to prep than anticipated, and i leave Wed night.  If we have another player, i suggest you let them take the turn and push my turn back.  I will not be able to play until Saturday at the earliest.  Sorry guys!

Urist McAxedwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2013, 12:11:28 pm »

My schedule is packed this week, my thesis defense is taking more time to prep than anticipated, and i leave Wed night.  If we have another player, i suggest you let them take the turn and push my turn back.  I will not be able to play until Saturday at the earliest.  Sorry guys!

I finish work for Christmas on Wednesday so we could swap turns I guess?

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2013, 01:09:10 pm »

Fine by me.  For RP, just make something about about me wanting to make sure things get started right, not wanting to alienate my lessers by not working, and any other nobby tripe that strikes you.  I'll work with it :).

Urist McAxedwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2013, 04:15:11 pm »

OK I will get started before my shift in the morning!

YHVH

• Bay Watcher
  • Batshit Insane God
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2013, 06:26:05 pm »

Dorf me for champion.
Name it YHVH.
So, now I have a moat filled with magma AND patrolled by ghosts. It is quite nice actually.

Urist McAxedwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2013, 01:11:09 am »

1st Granite- That's it, I am sick of making bloody furniture. I am going out hunting. In other news apparently I am in charge now, according to Dulhem anyway, and he was in charge before... we shall see how this goes. I am sure I can keep these fools in line.

- At this point I got interrupted by sweet delicious hash browns IRL. I am currently on my lunch break so I will try to finish tonight.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 08:11:24 am by Urist McAxedwarf »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2013, 03:18:57 pm »

I hope nobody minds, but I think I'll steal them noble raws... It looks like they could make an interesting mini-mod.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5