Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 154092 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.
« Reply #1110 on: September 28, 2016, 06:37:44 pm »

Yeah. It's a shame, but it's just too good. Or rather, good enough to be competitive, which is bad for competitive.

That said, it honestly could still be good enough. Hard to tell.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: September 28, 2016, 06:55:05 pm »

Agreed, nerfing Rockbiter doesn't seem right. But maybe something is coming up in future expansions that warrants this change.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: September 28, 2016, 06:59:08 pm »

Rockbiter nerf was garbage and I have no idea what blizzard was thinking. They even specifically called out their reasoning which was exactly backwards from what it should be. They nerfed Rockbiter over Totem Golem or Trogg because they wanted to nerf evergreen shaman, which makes zero sense because shaman's evergreen set is honestly horseshit.

Tuskarr nerf was desperately needed. Hopefully lesson learned there, never again.

CotW nerf was the right call. Thanks to blizzard's (hopefully former) philosophy of rather than buffing a weak class by buffing its cards available to it currently, or printing a bunch of good cards, they print cards that are insane and you have to run 2x of for the class to be playable. CotW was one of those. The problem with this philosophy is that it means once another expansion comes out, they can't print good cards for hunter because then it would shitstomp. Making CotW weaker, but still very good is important because it means hunters might see one or two good cards next expac.

Execute was too cheap for what it did. It's still good, and probably a 2x in most warrior decks, but it's less good in tempo/midrange-y decks.

Charge is honestly more interesting now. I can see something like Patron - Pyro - Charge shenanigans happening. It went from a card nobody ever wanted to see played to another tool in warrior's arsenal. Charging sylvanases ho!

Abusive seargent was the problem card in aggro decks. Can we have leper gnome back now?

Yogg saw competetive play, which Blizz really didn't want, so now he's not a card anymore. Claim your free 1600 dust.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: September 28, 2016, 07:07:04 pm »

Rockbiter nerf was garbage and I have no idea what blizzard was thinking. They even specifically called out their reasoning which was exactly backwards from what it should be. They nerfed Rockbiter over Totem Golem or Trogg because they wanted to nerf evergreen shaman, which makes zero sense because shaman's evergreen set is honestly horseshit.

I think an issue here is that rockbiter+doomhammer is just a very strong classic combo that although it doesn't make a deck by itself is a very powerful addition to a lot of shaman decks. Also classic has a lot of like, okay burst (the overload damage spells) Like, classic shaman isn't good, so it needs a steady stream of good cards, but that doesn't gel with what good parts of classic shaman there actually is. Like, if any good shaman cards are printed, they need to be powerful enough to raise the class up but have to be careful of enabling the bursting power in the class. Which is a fine line to toe you know? Well. Possibly a reasoning at least, you know.

Totem Golem and Tunnel trog are going to be gone in like five months or so anyway and probably are not so op that they need an answer in the meantime.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: September 28, 2016, 10:23:15 pm »

Wow, I'm so sad for that Yogg nerf. The overload part is fine. However, stopping the effect when it's removed ? That always happens. At least when Yogg did first spell pyroblast itself, it still launched spells that could help you. Seriously that's horseshit.

Rockbiter is nerfed instead of the reason it's too strong ? I mean right, doomhammer is totally not an issue -_-

Tuskar is good.

Execute I'm not sold that much. Lots of classes have cheap removal and the weakness of it was twofold : it was limited, and it needed an activator (which is already a big increase in cost, both mana and card wise compared to say Shadow word). Increasing its mana costs only makes warrior weaker in the early to mid game, against decks like Shaman or Hunter when they play big creatures (7/7 for 4, highmane, etc).

Charge is still a bad card, and it kills the curiosity worgen OTK (which wasn't interesting, so good).

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: September 28, 2016, 10:36:34 pm »

I suspect Midrange Shaman is still top dog. It might even be more dominant than before, all the other top tier decks took bigger hits.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: September 29, 2016, 12:21:21 am »

Midrange still took a hit, but not as much as aggro did because Mid has spirit claws to fill kinda/sorta the same role. Thing is, there's also a pseudo-buff to Mid because Tuskarr and witchdoctor can help lower the variance on hero power (it won't summon a basic totem already on the board), or do janky stuff like give you two wrath of airs for maelstrom portal.

I honestly hope spirit claws and the rockbiter nerf are prep for making shaman a little more control-oriented with the next expansion. Crusher is great and all but I can't make myself craft Devastation, and I miss my totem token deck.

Good riddance to Yogg.

No tears shed for CotW. It's still undercosted for what it does.

I haven't been playing too long, but I know about the whole patron warrior dealie that got charge nerfed. What else have they done to mess with it in the past?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1117 on: September 29, 2016, 02:06:01 am »

will go back to being bad as soon as the current expansions rotate.

The entire meta is going to implode when the current expansions rotate. I'm not tooo worried about that.

No tears shed for CotW. It's still undercosted for what it does.

I haven't been playing too long, but I know about the whole patron warrior dealie that got charge nerfed. What else have they done to mess with it in the past?

Bear in mind that Hunter doesn't *have* a late game. There just aren't good hunter late game cards. Except maybe some kind of N'Zoth shenanigan.

Warsong Commander got nerfed at least once, because of Frothing/Patron OTK decks. I guess Blizzard doesn't like it because it's not 'fun and interactive', but in many ways I think their ham-fisted attempts to bash that into the game are a major problem. They're hacking chunks of design space out of the game every time they do something like that.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: September 29, 2016, 08:12:12 am »

Charge used to cost 0 mana but not give an attack buff. That led to stupid shit like equip Gorehowl into Alex + Charge for a kill from any amount of HP (note that Alex used to strip off armour).

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: October 05, 2016, 04:55:38 pm »

Todays tavern brawl is a pretty interesting one. The chess game from the adventures heroic, only now pvp.

It's certainly interesting, but to be honest, maybe it's just me missing the intricacies of the game, but all the games I've played have felt like complete stomps (whether I'm winning or loosing) just based on luck of the draw. Maybe I'm missing some deep strategy to it but eh, it doesn't feel fun to play to me. Certainly a get your pack and get out brawl for me.

Still, amazing pack though, Archmage Antonidas AND a twisting nether.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 05, 2016, 11:27:36 pm »

Glad I keep saving these "win games as X" quests for the brawls.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1121 on: October 09, 2016, 12:26:18 pm »

Since the patch hit, I've been playing a bit again. Laddering with Hunter is disgustingly fast and surprisingly fun. It'll probably drop off soon, but for shooting through the low ranks it's a blast.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 12, 2016, 12:31:27 pm »

This weeks brawl is the 1 of, pick a card, get 22 copies and 8 random cards. Sorta cool? I went with naturalize, because that struck me as perfectly reasonable. Kinda fun.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1123 on: October 12, 2016, 02:11:36 pm »

Really not looking forward to the inevitable Raven Idol decks.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: October 12, 2016, 02:59:36 pm »

Mind blast, win by turn 4. Fun and interactive.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 109