Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 154112 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.
« Reply #1335 on: May 30, 2017, 04:48:21 pm »

Uhm. The quest is to play something with the same name 4 times. It advances the counter, because you played something one time. That's it.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: May 30, 2017, 07:10:57 pm »

Yeah. 1/4th is for 1 card. 2/4th is for 2, etc.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: May 31, 2017, 06:45:55 pm »

Ok, then I am really confused, how can it be "same name" if it is the first time a card is played. How can the first card played count for the quest? What makes it "same" when it is literally unprecedented?
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: May 31, 2017, 08:27:59 pm »

It's four cards of the same name. So the first time you play a card, that's the first card with the same name as itself. The second time you've played a card, that's the second time you've played a card with that same name.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: June 01, 2017, 12:15:07 am »

The number on the quest lists the highest number of any monster played. If they haven't played anything, the highest is 0 copies of one card. If they've played several cards 1 time, the highest any card has is 1.  If they play one of them again, it's now 2. If they go back and bounce a different monster twice, the highest is 3. They could then play the one that was 2 before 2 more times and finish the quest, regardless of any other minions played.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: June 03, 2017, 09:19:04 pm »

The number on the quest lists the highest number of any monster played. If they haven't played anything, the highest is 0 copies of one card. If they've played several cards 1 time, the highest any card has is 1.  If they play one of them again, it's now 2. If they go back and bounce a different monster twice, the highest is 3. They could then play the one that was 2 before 2 more times and finish the quest, regardless of any other minions played.

Thanks for the explanation, i thought it was just a count of repeat plays of minions, this really clears things up for me!
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: June 04, 2017, 07:29:01 pm »

So how goes the power creep? Apparently the crystal economy is broken, but that is just typical power creep.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: June 04, 2017, 07:52:37 pm »

None of the decks are more powerful than prenerf Patron Warrior, or even pre-nerf WoG/Karazan Shaman, so if it is creeping, it's plodding along quite slowly.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1343 on: June 05, 2017, 01:06:29 am »

Given how absurdly broken pre-nerf Patron was, I don't think it necessarily means much that the current decks are weaker than it. :P

I think the classic rotation did a lot to reduce power creep, though. Also Thaurissan going out of standard got rid of a lot of the sillier combo potential.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: June 05, 2017, 04:02:36 am »

What about crystal value Power Creep? (how much card value you get per crystal point)

And the power creep for decks is a LOT more noticeable if you use the basic decks. Though yeah I am glad to hear they are squashing the broken combos.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1345 on: June 05, 2017, 04:47:55 am »

Mana costs are generally still preeetty much the same. There are a few cards that are "better than Yeti", if you will, where they have a good statline and a beneficial effect, but those effects are all conditionals as far as I can tell. And if Disguised Toast's tier listing is to be believed, there are no grossly overvalued cards run in any of the top tier decks. The 4 mana 7/7 meme is dead, apparently.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: June 05, 2017, 06:15:17 am »

Decks get more powerful as combos and power cards become available and less powerful as those combos and cards get rotated out. It's pretty unfair to directly compare a basics only deck to a standard deck, since you're using way less cards in the first set then there is in the second. (818 standard cards vs 372-382 original cards.) If you expand the basics and classics idea to also hold the first couple of sets to have the same number of cards as current standard, I think you'll find that quite possibly power has gone DOWN more then anything. Although that's not a totally fair assessment either because of how strong naxx and gvg cards were.

Also notable is that about half the cards in standard are classic or basic cards, and although this isn't an exact count by any means if you go and look at the top decks, it seems like often roughly halve the cards in them are classic or basic. There's isn't quite a "new normal" for playable cards at least. Although there are plenty of UNPLAYABLE cards that got power creeped on, that's not really effecting the balance of the game as a whole.

Of course, there's always outlaying cards to these general idea. I think anyone can see that cards like arcaneologest or meteor is pretty far above the curve power wise, and is pretty hard power creep on two drops. But that's not, at least yet, the norm for cards power level.

I think maybe the closest thing to power creep is the way that they've heavily pushed decks that can get themselves into an almost unassailable position. Things like taunt warrior, jade druid, and to some degree crystal rogue. It's not a totally new idea, jaraxxus did this as well, of setting yourself up into an almost unbeatable position where it's "do or die" for your opponent. But it's been heavily pushed (probably as an attempt to permanently eliminate classic "go 10 turns into fatigue" control decks and force the game to be more midrange to aggro as a whole.) I'm not sure if I'd call this power creep. In a way it's heavily pushing the late game power of these decks, and certainly I'd expect them to mostly crush the old control decks. But at the same time they are that powerful in general, and the old midrange or aggro decks should still do well enough against them.

Also you might be more understandable if you call mana and mana crystals mana instead of crystals. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to them as just "crystals". Mostly mana. Sometimes mana crystals. I had no idea wtf you were talking about in your first post, and it doesn't help that "crystal" is the name of a popular deck type right now. (specifically crystal or quest rogue)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 06:23:45 am by Criptfeind »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: June 05, 2017, 06:31:41 am »

Decks get more powerful as combos and power cards become available and less powerful as those combos and cards get rotated out. It's pretty unfair to directly compare a basics only deck to a standard deck

Until they change the basic deck (something I whole heartedly believe they should, but I think they don't on the basis that it would require them to give away free cards and decks) it is pretty fair game all things considered to bring it up.

The fact that the basic deck is meant to be "viable, decent but not spectacular deck" and is becoming more and more garbage as time goes on... tells you where the creep is going.

Especially since power creep isn't a "bad" thing necessarily. It typically leads to bad things, but it isn't bad in it of itself. So it isn't like I am being judgmental.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 06:33:14 am by Neonivek »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: June 05, 2017, 06:36:29 am »

What basic deck are you talking about? The like, tutorial decks for classes?

If so, those are in the same place they've been since day one of hearthstone. The gutter.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1349 on: June 05, 2017, 07:02:51 am »

The fact that the basic deck is meant to be "viable, decent but not spectacular deck"

The devs might be worse at Hearthstone than I thought. Don't some of those decks have Silverback Patriarch in them?

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 109