Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 152474 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.
« Reply #1560 on: March 27, 2018, 02:42:12 pm »

man that new 2/1 elemental that repeats battlecries is really neat. i never had Brann Bronzebeard so couldnt properly pull some stuff with my Jade Shaman, just having one is more than enough to up the guys to 7/7 or beyond.

of course you need 6 mana to pull it out but its good when you really need to start pumping those golems. i wish there were more jade options for Shaman tho :/ overloading doesnt help me much and i dont have enough murlocs/totems (actually i have some totem cards i was never good with it) or freezing/evolving cards to use like the last expansions.

meanwhile a Druid can spam jade golems out of nowhere with just a 1 mana card and multiple drawing, really unfair for the rest of the Jade Lotus aligned classes (i tried Jade Rogue but dont have enough to pull it properly, at least in Rogue terms).

anyways, prop to the guy that added that little elemental, the Kobol Dungeons is also a really neat adventure, still getting rekt tho, but its much more fun to run than Icecrown Citadel, couldnt beat the Lich King.

the new expansion's card seem interesting but i still dont see much stuff for shaman, the new Hero Card seems neat because she could give me more Jade Lightning or something out of the hero power but with Mean Streets of Gadgetzan being sent to wild im not sure how does that work at all (i play wild anyways).

outside of that the new druid 4 mana spell looks cool, if only the Wisps had charge :P

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: March 27, 2018, 03:16:52 pm »

man that new 2/1 elemental that repeats battlecries is really neat. i never had Brann Bronzebeard so couldnt properly pull some stuff with my Jade Shaman, just having one is more than enough to up the guys to 7/7 or beyond.

of course you need 6 mana to pull it out but its good when you really need to start pumping those golems. i wish there were more jade options for Shaman tho :/

jade is a cancer that never should have been in the game

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: March 27, 2018, 03:21:41 pm »

Random card generation in standard can't make cards outside of standard, but in wild they can, so the new shaman hero has the ability to make more jade lightnings if you play her in wild, although the chance is necessarily going to be pretty low since there'll be a lot of other possible shaman spells (and a lot of shaman spells are garbage.)

of course you need 6 mana to pull it out but its good when you really need to start pumping those golems. i wish there were more jade options for Shaman tho :/

jade is a cancer that never should have been in the game

Lol. Well. Not Jade idol at least.  :P Jade shaman isn't thaaaaat bad.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: March 27, 2018, 04:07:56 pm »

agreed, the only way Jade became "cancer" was because druid got it as a 1 mana cost that can be multiplied ad infinitum as long as you have enough mana and draw to spam it.

-Rogue Jade cards are only 2, a low damage combat spell that needs to combo to summon anything and low health stealth card with the summon part as death rattle

-Shaman Jade cards range from a weapon that gives overload early game, a 7 mana summon with battlecry and a destruction spell

both of those classes have more or less balanced sets for Jade because one has to focus on multiplying cards + combo/deathrattle focus in the deck while the other can keep all three cards in a cohesive deck as long as you add some extra shaman cards to do things like double the battlecries or get some overload synergy and stuff like that. on top of that the amount of golems are gated by the amount of cards you can add so you cant get infinite golems with those two, you have to try and finish as fast as possible against certain other decks (or in the case of Rogue spend 6-7 mana to copy those stealth minions).

Druid on the other hand is the only class inside that faction that gives issues with the golems because it gets extra effects from all the cards apart of infinite spawning for golems. Jade Blossom -> gets extra mana crystal, Jade Behemot -> it has taunt with a robust amount of health and damage for its cost, Jade Idol -> costs 1 mana and if used with certain druid cards you can both spam the golem and get 3 copies of the card again on the deck.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 04:12:03 pm by xaritscin »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: March 27, 2018, 08:14:54 pm »

Has anything of real note been announced? I quit about a month into K&C and havne't really kept up with much.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: March 27, 2018, 08:17:27 pm »

Well. I guess the next expansion, if that's what you mean? It's coming sometime next month and we're in the reveal part of it, but afaik we don't have a date on it yet. They also announced that there will be a dungeon run like mode with it, where you play as 1 of 4 different characters, not too much info on that yet but it sounds like they'll just have buckets that are mixes from various classes.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: March 27, 2018, 11:15:36 pm »

next expansion is called The Witchwood or something like that. it brings 3 new mechanics:

-Echo: cards with echo produce a ghostly copy on your hand that you can re use, but they only last that turn and consume extra mana.

-Impulse: like Charge but the card cannot focus heroes on the same turn

-a third feature i dont remember the name for some cards in which they turn into a Worgen version and back each turn, swapping health and damage.

seems there will be 4 new hero cards or something like that too. the first one to be revealed as a Shaman hero.

so far the expansion looks interesting enough, still, the changes to enrage are weird taking in account other cards have 2 tags/traits/habilities or whatever they are called. if they want to reduce that stuff in a single card they should have started with those Deathrattle + Taunt ones. Deathlord, Sludgebelcher, Direhorn Hatchling, Tortollan Protector and Obsidian Statue are an absolute cancer to deal with because of their interactions with cards like N'zoth or Hadronox.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 11:34:53 pm by xaritscin »

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: March 28, 2018, 07:47:29 am »

next expansion is called The Witchwood or something like that. it brings 3 new mechanics:

-Echo: cards with echo produce a ghostly copy on your hand that you can re use, but they only last that turn and consume extra mana.

"extra mana" makes it sound like they cost more. they cost the same as the original. it's just unstable evolution but for everything.

-Impulse: like Charge but the card cannot focus heroes on the same turn

did you pull this off a google translate site from chinese or something? it's called Rush, and yes, it's exactly like Charged Devilsaur (charge but can only target minions on the first turn).

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: March 28, 2018, 08:18:52 am »

Also there's only 1 new hero card, specifically, just the shaman one. Not sure where you got 4. She's a hero apparently because she's the witch of the witch wood, the central character of the set.

The worgen stat swapping is, like joust or enrage now, an unamed mechanic without a keyword. The reasoning I've heard that enrage lost it's keyword status isn't to reduce stuff in a single card (in fact, it does the opposite of the that, enrage did slightly reduce wordyness) but rather because it's not used widely enough and they've found that "whenever this minion takes damage" (like Acolyte of Pain) is a better and more interesting mechanic then "when damaged" so that's going to be the focus of enrage style cards anyway.

There are also new mechanics for "odd" and "even" decks, where your deck only has cards of odd and even mana cost, including 2 legendary cards that change your heropower at the start of the game (even makes it cost 1, odd gives it the Justicar upgrade. Both cards are trash to actually play with a high cost per stat ratio) and there's about half a dozen synergy cards that have battlecries that only go off if your deck is made of odd or even cards.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 08:25:49 am by Criptfeind »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: March 28, 2018, 12:06:28 pm »

It sounds like the gimmicky first set of an expansion and most of that sounds unplayable. K&C ruined the game for me and it sounds like they're just leaving it to fester, so I don't see myself coming back I suppose.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: March 28, 2018, 03:28:57 pm »

It sounds like the gimmicky first set of an expansion and most of that sounds unplayable. K&C ruined the game for me and it sounds like they're just leaving it to fester, so I don't see myself coming back I suppose.

lol what

let's not forget what's rotating out at the same time. the game is guaranteed to change if only because of that.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: March 28, 2018, 03:41:37 pm »

We'll have to see, thus far the first expansions of a rotation have been my favorite ones, Whisper and Journey were the highlight of 16 and 17 to me, but they released some ridiculously op shit in the past few expansions, at least a lot of the meta defining stuff in Mean Streets was reliant on cards that rotated out in Un'goro. Even with a few pieces missing and with the big nerfs that came out a lot of the current decks still look really strong going into the new expansion, unless they release some even more broken shit to eclipse them of course. Which is probably what will happen. But that's got it's own host of issues.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: March 28, 2018, 04:35:54 pm »

let's not forget what's rotating out at the same time. the game is guaranteed to change if only because of that.

I don't play standard because I'm not going to throw away half of my cards every year.

I wanted to play wild because that's supposed to be the place where you get to play with your old cards and get to see all the wacky stuff, but every "this is going to be good for a long time" deck I made lasted less than three months. Last I checked back it was a contest of draws for who could win before turn 5 OR who could spam the most removals before their 30+ damage combo came out.

Giants warlock, ffs.

It came down to... I'm not playing more because it was grindy enough as it was. and I'm not PAYING more because they have a vested interest in destroying the good decks every 2 months or so... so it's not worth my time. I hoped there would be something really new but it seems like the 18 class legendary (with maybe 3 or 4 of them being usable) is profitable enough for them to coast on.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: March 28, 2018, 08:30:16 pm »

I don't play standard because I'm not going to throw away half of my cards every year.

I wanted to play wild because that's supposed to be the place where you get to play with your old cards and get to see all the wacky stuff, but every "this is going to be good for a long time" deck I made lasted less than three months.

you have some really interesting ideas about how the game should work, which unfortunately don't line up with how hearthstone or ccgs generally actually work, so i understand that hearthstone isnt a game for you.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: March 28, 2018, 11:58:07 pm »

That's valid. It was the first CCG I ever played and Magic is waaaay out of my price range so it was fun getting to try it all. In the end I wasn't playing enough to get a collection I was satisfied with and wasn't having enough fun with it to justify paying any more so I started spending the money on other things instead. Nothing lasts forever, I suppose.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 109