Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 152451 times)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.
« Reply #1575 on: March 29, 2018, 02:10:44 am »

I am looking forward for this one. Ice block leaving out is my longtime dream coming true after all. And Drakonid OP. And freaking jade golems (yes, I know they aren't in the meta right now but I hate that mechanic)
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: March 29, 2018, 10:26:44 am »

i just wish they nerfed aggro+deathrattle cards on top of aggro spam decks, mill decks and priest in general. most of the time i have to concede quickly against Druid or Priest because there's no way around them, Mill Rogue isnt OP but its annoying to fight 100% of the time and i loathe Aggro Druid/Warrior. cant touch them and they get extra armor on top, that's unhealthy af, heck, Pirate Warrior was much more manageable than that (i blame those turtles but the aggro + armor spam was going on before Un'goro anyways).

also again, Jade decks would be fine if Druid didnt have such favoritism, its the main reason on why people hate Jade golems in general. Jade Rogue and Jade shaman are easily countered, perhaps even underpowered.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 10:30:03 am by xaritscin »

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: March 29, 2018, 10:41:32 am »

i just wish they nerfed aggro+deathrattle cards on top of aggro spam decks, mill decks and priest in general.
Looks like someone likes to play greedy decks. Aggro kills greed, Mill counters attempts to win by fatigue and priest... well it is extremely hard to outgreed priest.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: March 29, 2018, 11:21:18 am »

i dont really know what you mean with "greedy" decks. when i started playing hearthstone i got hooked on using spell power mage (no exodia thing, just spamm +1 magic damage minions with destruction spells), then i changed to beast/token hunter with deathrattle bonuses and face power, then C'thun Druid and now Jade/Murloc Shaman or Murloc/Hand Paladin or something akin to Hand Warrior. could say i am a few expansions behind but i usually have some of the latest cards to keep my decks alive despite the lack of packs or dust. and there's always space to craft some cards.

more than greed is frustration since those decks usually rely on spamming aggro that returns with a simple N'zoth throw on top of healing or getting extra armor that they dont really need because you cant even burst them down in the whole match.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 11:23:11 am by xaritscin »

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: March 29, 2018, 01:38:21 pm »

more than greed is frustration since those decks usually rely on spamming aggro that returns with a simple N'zoth throw on top of healing or getting extra armor
You have a weird definition of aggro here. Decks that play N'zoth aren't aggro at all, in fact only hunter has anywhere decent deathrattles that can be called aggro.

N'zoth is going wild and I'll miss him somewhat... on other hand there are a chance for a good neutral deathrattles now.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: March 29, 2018, 02:52:51 pm »

if it has a card that costs more than 5, it probably isn't aggro

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: April 13, 2018, 01:32:14 am »

Blizzard is just a small indie company that can't afford to completely test their updates :V

This is seriously one of the shittier expansions imo. Most of it is unexciting cards replacing all the cool shit we've had before with some stupidly broken shit like Shudderwock sprinkled in. It's also pretty silly how they made a standard rotation and didn't start a new ranked season for it, making it a complete shitshow for the most part. And there's not single player dungeon run yet for whatever reason, which was the main draw for me tbh.

I'd say wait this one out, maybe they'll not wait until two months before Shudderwock rotates out to nerf it :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: April 13, 2018, 04:49:57 am »

Gotta give it at least a month to see if aggro can counter it, then another couple of weeks to put it on the rader, then two weeks later they'll nerf murmuring elemental. Next expansion there will be a neutral epic 8 mana 3/3 that causes your opponent's battlecries to only activate once next turn, along with a few more priest board clears and completely unusable warrior epics.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: April 13, 2018, 08:00:38 am »

Nope, just stack some boardclears and healing which shaman has plenty of and you're good to go.

Honestly, beyond the otk combo being a shitty thing, especially how stupid it is in this case, the worst part of this deck is that you don't have to have all your cards for the combo and play them on the same turn, which was the condition for pretty much every other otk deck and their main drawback. Here, you just play pretty good battlecry cards as you draw them until you get part or most of the combo and then just slam shudder whenever you can until your opponent either dies or concedes because who the hell wants to waste half an hour on the same animation and sound loop.
AS - IG

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: April 13, 2018, 12:21:06 pm »

I think what bugs me is the obvious complete lack of playtesting. It's a card that works with battlecries, and either the developers thought people would be fine with watching the same animation for ten minutes every turn, or.... sadly more likely, they just didn't test it with the other strong battlecry cards. It's not like the major Grumble combo is something niche, there were a couple of grumble OTK's before on ladder.

I'd say they should keep inviting players to playtest the alphas, but that leads to more shit like Lifecoach's drama and I wouldn't want to deal with that if I were Blizzard, either.

Still, if JUG is any indication only about ten cards in the whole set will be playable in six months so maybe they can just kill it off and forget it happened.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: April 14, 2018, 04:16:49 pm »

The shudderwock is wrongly maligned: it is by no means an easy deck to play or an east comboi to set up, it relies on a full turn of set up and having three specific cards in hand and about 8 mana.

Also it is basically all the sadistic pleasure of a millstone deck, which is nice since Blizzard completely erradicated those.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 04:18:32 pm by thegoatgod_pan »
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: April 14, 2018, 06:33:57 pm »

Seems like after the first day or so people have settled on the animations being the major issue and 10+ minute turns being stupid, especially if you play them without getting the lifedrinker on the list first.  Aggro will eat them alive, and thankfully paladins are now designed solely to vomit across the board for entire games, so we've got that covered.

My freebies were Toki Timetuner 400 dust and the Lady in White. Spiteful priest with Lady and some of the beefier dragons is pretty fun; I recommend 9 mana 12/12 Ysera all day erryday.

Other than that, the legendaries look kinda meh to me apart from Genn, Baku, and a couple other novelties here and there. I might just craft Baku and complete some wild decks I've had my eye on for a while.

I blame Jopax and his Toast link for getting me back in, for whatever that's worth. You monster.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: April 14, 2018, 08:59:21 pm »

We'll have to see, shudder shaman is a combo deck after all, traditionally the weakest decks at the start of an expansion. It might sputter out to aggro and eventually let other decks get refined and eventually a balanced meta be shaped, but making such a big splash on day 1 probably isn't a good sign. People are citing the currently totally inadequate stats on it's win rate to show it's not that good, but lists are still super in flux right now and I've certainly seen some streams of it with sickening win rates even against aggro when you've got the super defensive lists. If it's lists and play style can be refined to be good against aggro it'll be super bad and need a nerf for sure, and even if it's good enough to turn the meta into aggro+shaman that's not really a good thing either.

Personally I'm hoping shudderwock gets nerfed just cuz I managed to open it in a pack.  :P

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: April 15, 2018, 03:56:12 am »

Hah, same here, I really want to give an elemental mage a go but I'm missing a bunch of stuff for it. I also have zero desire to queue up against shit like the shudderwock decks so I think I'll just wait until either the dungeon run mode comes out or they nerf the damn thing.
AS - IG

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: April 15, 2018, 07:19:28 am »

We'll have to see, shudder shaman is a combo deck after all, traditionally the weakest decks at the start of an expansion. It might sputter out to aggro and eventually let other decks get refined and eventually a balanced meta be shaped, but making such a big splash on day 1 probably isn't a good sign. People are citing the currently totally inadequate stats on it's win rate to show it's not that good, but lists are still super in flux right now and I've certainly seen some streams of it with sickening win rates even against aggro when you've got the super defensive lists. If it's lists and play style can be refined to be good against aggro it'll be super bad and need a nerf for sure, and even if it's good enough to turn the meta into aggro+shaman that's not really a good thing either.

Personally I'm hoping shudderwock gets nerfed just cuz I managed to open it in a pack.  :P

i'll be surprised if it ends up being a serious deck. the only reason it's big now is because nobody knows what to build because they lost 3 sets and gained 1 new one. even several classic decks that should have still been around, like exodia/freeze mage, don't work anymore. (ice block gone)

the only other obvious decks to build are like, Odd Aggro Paladin and No Spell Mage. shudderwock is like a worse freeze mage.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 109