Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 150568 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.
« Reply #1590 on: April 15, 2018, 07:32:18 pm »

... Yeah okay, I'm taking psychotic pleasure in dropping a 7/7 doomsayer for 2 mana and watching people stare at the screen for a good 20 seconds. It's just as satisfying as incinerating 7 3/3 paladin dudes with a 4-drop. So cathartic, wow.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: April 16, 2018, 06:50:32 am »

Hey, so, from someone who doesn't actually play HS (and thus doesn't know the cards)... Do converted minions go to your graveyard or the graveyard of the player who originally drew the card?

Because if it's the former, it seems to an untrained eye that you could convert Grumble with, like, a pot of madness, get him killed on your turn controlling him and then basically neuter the Shudderwock. Sure, you still have to survive the initial drawing and then clear the board of a bunch of 6/6s, but that at least is possible. Whereas them getting however many 1-mana Shudderwocks placed back into their hand is considerably less manageable.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: April 16, 2018, 07:40:44 am »

Hey, so, from someone who doesn't actually play HS (and thus doesn't know the cards)... Do converted minions go to your graveyard or the graveyard of the player who originally drew the card?

Because if it's the former, it seems to an untrained eye that you could convert Grumble with, like, a pot of madness, get him killed on your turn controlling him and then basically neuter the Shudderwock. Sure, you still have to survive the initial drawing and then clear the board of a bunch of 6/6s, but that at least is possible. Whereas them getting however many 1-mana Shudderwocks placed back into their hand is considerably less manageable.

things always go to the graveyard of the side theyre on when they die, even if it's something temporary, like shadow madness

but your idea doesn't work, because the Grumble already did the battlecry, so shudderwock will use it no matter what. shudderwock doesn't care what happened to the creature after its battlecry.

also, there's no need to "neuter" the shudderwock with some elaborate play. the way to beat shudderwock is to just win before the shaman can pull off an elaborate, 5-card, 2 turn combo. which, unsurprisingly, isn't that difficult.

it's exactly like playing against an pre-time warp freeze mage, where you had to break his ice block and be ready to kill him before he could set himself up for an alex turn + 15 damage the next turn.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 07:42:21 am by ZeroGravitas »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: April 16, 2018, 08:51:52 am »

Yeah, gotta agree now, after some more playing it's not that horrible in terms of overpoweredness. It's just really horrible from the gameplay expirience perspective.

Seems that the main choices of this season will be either aggro pally or cubelock, neither of which seem too appealing tbh.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: April 16, 2018, 11:18:32 am »

I have a cubelock from KnC. It's wild, but ah. Eh. It's not awful if you like controlly decks, but the decision making just isn't there for the most part.

Baku paladin is a grotesque mockery of the old Dudes decks though. They used to be a bunch of really neat combo pieces that you could tailor to suit your needs, but that was a long time ago.

Re: Shudderwock. I actually like the idea of the card, just not the combo with grumble for the stated animation concerns. If they fix the animation time I'd be tempted to craft one just to make a C'thun control shaman for nostalgia's sake.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: April 17, 2018, 06:24:21 am »

I hope they'll nerf doomguards into rush making cubelocks much more manageable by other control decks.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: April 17, 2018, 08:57:10 am »

I hope they'll nerf doomguards into rush making cubelocks much more manageable by other control decks.

i'd be really surprised if that ever happened.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: April 18, 2018, 02:01:40 pm »

Why not? Blizzard loves to nerf classic cards and doomguard is a very powerful card. It is a better leeroy for any kind of aggro warlock deck and now it is also good in slow warlocks.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: April 18, 2018, 02:26:53 pm »

Why not? Blizzard loves to nerf classic cards and doomguard is a very powerful card. It is a better leeroy for any kind of aggro warlock deck and now it is also good in slow warlocks.

It's good in aggro because you're dumping your hand as fast as you can anyway. But it's only good in slow warlock decks because of Skull of Gul'dan and Possessed Lackey.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: April 18, 2018, 04:31:45 pm »

Blizzard likes removing classic cards that will destroy entire decks. Doomguard isn't on the same level as ice block or warleader.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: April 19, 2018, 08:05:33 am »

Blizzard likes removing classic cards that will destroy entire decks. Doomguard isn't on the same level as ice block or warleader.

Warsong Commander hooooooooo

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: April 25, 2018, 04:36:08 am »

So a midrange hunter is viable again, works pretty well too. Uses the dire frenzy+highmane as a mainstay, with deathstalker and the spellstone as backups, as well as some weapons and targeted removal to surive the early game. Works against most decks if you get your draws, somewhat struggles to keep up with aggro pally tho, especially if you don't get your explosive traps and candleshot early on to keep clearing his dudes so he can't level them up.

Sadly, by rank 16 I'm playing netdecked odd aggro pallies almost every game, so I think this is as far as it'll go for now, just had a streak of 4 of the fuckers, barely won two and the others were disgusting floods of dudes that kept getting buffed by shit as soon as there were 3 or more of them out.
AS - IG

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: April 25, 2018, 10:22:38 am »

i was hitting 100% cubelocks so i of course made a purely anti-cubelock deck for some mage quest i had

naturally next queue was a kingsbane rogue who, while generally slow and bad, meant my anti-cube tech was pretty useless.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: April 25, 2018, 03:09:23 pm »

Yeah, I'm done with the current expansion, another what, 5 games played, 3 were aggro pally and 2 were spiteful druid (which is a whole different kettle of nasty). Fuck this meta and whoever thought it would be fun.
AS - IG

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: April 25, 2018, 11:13:45 pm »

Spent a few games trying to ladder in wild with a renolock deck.

Gave up after 3 or 4, switched to the cubelock deck I was avoiding. Streaked from 25 to 20/3* with like two losses. I tried to be nice, but you just can't.

Any discussion about this on the normal or wild reddits will get aggressively downvoted. So people are defending this shit and really think the game should be based on who can draw the shittiest mana cheat before turn 5.

I guess the game's doomed then. Another expansion or two of this and people will start rioting. I hope.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109