Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 151909 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.
« Reply #1605 on: April 26, 2018, 07:56:03 am »

That is disappointing. I was considering coming back to the game, but it seems that I'll have to stick to other CCGs.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: April 26, 2018, 07:57:15 am »

yeah, the meta is pretty barren right now because of the lack of options.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: April 26, 2018, 01:17:57 pm »

Day 1 of the Monster Hunt:

Servers are down. You can't start a monster hunt run, or play a friend, or do dungeon runs at all.

Is this where I use the small indie company meme?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: April 26, 2018, 01:45:49 pm »

I'm not having any server issues at all, monster hunt or otherwise.

That said, I would describe it as less day 1 of monster hunt and more day 141 of dungeon runs. Which I feel bad saying a little bit because it's good content, just good content I played to death 4 months ago.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: April 26, 2018, 02:16:07 pm »

It's working now. Looks like the same issues as dungeon run had, i.e. you can't actually prepare for anything and it's RNG whether or not you get that one boss who auto-fucks you and basically negates your whole deck.

EDIT: Apparently the servers keep getting taken down for hotfixes. If you play as Tess you can auto-win vs a boss on turn 1 or 2 by getting infinite moonfires. I dream of a wild future where they actually have a QA team for this kind of shit.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 02:35:16 pm by Darkmere »
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: April 26, 2018, 07:58:28 pm »

Getting crazy infinite combos is part of the fun of dungeon runs.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: April 26, 2018, 08:21:59 pm »

It's working now. Looks like the same issues as dungeon run had, i.e. you can't actually prepare for anything and it's RNG whether or not you get that one boss who auto-fucks you and basically negates your whole deck.

EDIT: Apparently the servers keep getting taken down for hotfixes. If you play as Tess you can auto-win vs a boss on turn 1 or 2 by getting infinite moonfires. I dream of a wild future where they actually have a QA team for this kind of shit.

oh it's actually extremely hilarious and good. i don't know if they needed to nerf Tess's hero power, but there is some amazing stuff even in its current state. but you have to plan it out, it's not just automatic.

and it's not "moonfires" - it's "small rocks" :)

again, dunno if there was some earlier, more broken part to this, but currently, tess's hero power is "discover a class spell cast this game." if none have been cast, you discover a non-class spell, "A Small Rock" - 0 mana, 1 damage (way better than moonfire, obvi).

tess also has a special loot card she can get - a 3 mana minion that gains spell damage every time you cast a spell. you can make the connection. of course, it only works until ANY class spell has been cast, then you can't get any more small rocks.

(oh, except on that boss that has "Passive Hero Power: all spells have Echo", lol)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 08:39:45 pm by ZeroGravitas »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: May 16, 2018, 12:20:15 pm »

So they announced nerfs.

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/21758133

Positive change to the game accompanied by deafening, petulant screeching from people who think it's a great idea for huge piles of stats to drop on turn 5. Because fuck midrange decks in an entire format I guess. Looking forward to dusting all of that bs and getting back to Reno decks.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: July 09, 2018, 01:12:58 am »

some impression from the Witchwood expansion:

1. Odd Mage is an interesting deck, at first it doesnt seems like you can pull anything without the even cards like polymorph, fireblast and the like but using some secrets and stat increasing cards apart of some battlecry minions you can get (ironically) even against most decks as long as you get to put your minions.

2. Mill Druid gotta be the weirdest deck i've seen, but it seems balanced to be honest, as long as you take care of killing the drawing card and you dont extend too long you can win by chipping slowly. the hardest part is dealing with the taunt cards but i guess it cant be helped, so many taunts for druid isnt fun at all. less so taking in account Hadronox exists.

3. the adventure is cool, i havent won (Infinite Toki was the highest boss i got thrown against) but i like how they built the playable heroes. Darius Crowley seems a bit weak tho, i mean, the cannon gameplay is cool but there doesnt seem much you can do with those.

that's all so far, gotta get me more card packs to see what's new. now that i think about it, did they implement Even Decks too?

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: July 10, 2018, 01:02:35 pm »

next expansion has been revealed. Dr. Boom and the Mechs come back FOR SCIENCE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH0wacpNuDQ

people were already theorizing something about Netherstorm but no one seemed to think about Area 52 or anything engineering related there, well surprise madafaka!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: July 13, 2018, 07:13:46 am »

They managed to kill my hype for the expansion with a single revealed druid card.

Giving druids a card that gives them 2 full mana for one mana is an absurd idea. Hello Master Oakhearts and Ultimate infestations on turn 5
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: July 13, 2018, 12:26:03 pm »

the card also gives mana to the oponent tho. i would say its pretty balanced compared to the stuff that has been released in past expansions like Spreading Plague, Ultimate Infestation and Jade Idol or the large amount of taunt minions and the armor stacking.

i dont like the direction of Druid  gameplay atm but i dont see Biology Project doing much unless the enemy can chain the mana spam cards properly. and even then, the worst that can happen is that he summons a big minion that i could remove by having top decked a Polymorph/Hex or something like that.

EDIT:

i like the synergy between Baku and the Hunter cards. outside of secrets and a few classic hunter minions most of the cards for hunter use odd numbers in mana cost so you can  get a more or less working deck while getting the upgrade hero power.

my only complain is the low damage. 2 to 3 isnt as much of an improvement over the other classes. it would still take 10 turns for me to face kill someone and that's a very rare situation nowadays taking in account there's more classes getting big heals and armor.

i basically have to try and burst down the enemy health as much as i can until i have pulled enough minions to set up lethal and that's difficulty to make due to taunt cards and low health/damage from hunter minions at the early game.

anyways, Odd Hunter is my new favourite deck, gonna check how high i can get in the ladder.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 12:53:07 pm by xaritscin »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: July 13, 2018, 01:44:57 pm »

Most of the reveal seasons I remember everyone pissed their pants over some random card in early reveals when the real game-ruiner was some completely ignored card in the final dump.

Small-time buccaneer, corridor creeper, stuff like that.

Just wait.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: July 14, 2018, 03:16:50 am »

the card also gives mana to the oponent tho. i would say its pretty balanced compared to the stuff that has been released in past expansions like Spreading Plague, Ultimate Infestation and Jade Idol or the large amount of taunt minions and the armor stacking.
Sure it does give mana to the opponent. But druids opponent don't build their deck around having more mana, especially aggro decks. Your odd hunter will run out of cards very fast if your opponent gives you 2 mana on turn 1, while he'll get access to his taunts and healing much earlier

I remember everyone pissed their pants over some random card in early reveals when the real game-ruiner was some completely ignored card in the final dump.
Sure, many cards were ignored. Many cards were overvalued. But this one is like patches or ultimate infestation. It is immediately oblivious that it is very powerful. It easily fits in existing druid decks.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: August 07, 2018, 11:27:26 pm »

So... I managed to snag a large cross-section of TBP and yet miss getting much in the way of a coherent deck.

However...

There is a certain perverse pleasure in overrunning your opponent with a growing army of larger and larger pink bunnies on pogo sticks. Trying to play "control rogue" to GET to that point makes my brain hurt, though.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109