Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 152472 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone TCG - The Reign of Dr. Boom
« Reply #540 on: July 27, 2015, 08:58:20 pm »

By the way.

Coliseum Manager

Is it's inspire effect suppose to be a drawback for having the as yet unseen (in non class cards) but not over budgeted 2/5 for 3, or is is suppose to be some type of... Thing you want to do? Questing adventure synergy? Late game zoo overruning the meta? the answer to our question of "what can we do to make the grim patron deck worse voluntarily?"

Power overwhelming. Saving your minion from freeze mage. Killing an infinity amount of small things in the top deck wars. So much value.

Really, this card is mvp of TGT
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:10:55 pm by Criptfeind »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 27, 2015, 10:32:03 pm »

Every mechanic has to have some bad rendition of it.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 28, 2015, 10:58:39 am »

A 2/5 for 3 is probably OK in arena.  I guess if you topdeck it and have the board you could use the effect it to mildly annoy your opponent.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 11:00:16 am by Leafsnail »

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 28, 2015, 12:04:01 pm »

Also could be helpful in arena for triggering specific effects for Combo or such as well.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 28, 2015, 01:40:38 pm »

Arena is the format where you generally rely the most on your hero power though, since your curve tends to be really wonky.

It's also the format where his stats are actually relevant, so we'll see how good/useless he turns out.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 28, 2015, 02:46:09 pm »

Arena is the format where you generally rely the most on your hero power though, since your curve tends to be really wonky.

It's also the format where his stats are actually relevant, so we'll see how good/useless he turns out.

It's where druid uses that 2/5, 5/2, so I suppose it's got some value.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 28, 2015, 03:16:11 pm »

You'll be able to play it into your opponent's 3/2 and eat it fairly often.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 28, 2015, 03:28:32 pm »

The issue is that it costs 3. You play a 2 drop on 2, it's eaten by a shielded minibot because that fucker trades like a god, you play 2/5 on 3, you don't have a 4 drop so you play a 2 drop and your hero power and suddenly you just killed your own 3 drop because you don't have the tempo to play it back.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 28, 2015, 03:31:27 pm »

It's pretty rare that you'll have nothing to do on 4 though, and worst-case scenario you miss out on a hero power because you don't actually have to use it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 29, 2015, 05:58:06 pm »

New brawl. It's the portal brawl we all knew was coming eventually.

Thoughts so far... I think I might have liked the spider one more. Although it's not awful, it's pretty coin flippy, and if there's a strategy other then to hope for ether lots of little things or a lucky curve I've not found it yet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 29, 2015, 06:16:52 pm »

New brawl. It's the portal brawl we all knew was coming eventually.

Thoughts so far... I think I might have liked the spider one more. Although it's not awful, it's pretty coin flippy, and if there's a strategy other then to hope for ether lots of little things or a lucky curve I've not found it yet.
The only strategy about it is picking the class due to the spells. Priest is handy for all the removal, I've found. The spells tend to be the same for the deck no matter the match.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 29, 2015, 07:59:45 pm »

It's still random but at least funny things happen unlike the miserable grind that was Webspinner week.  Interesting fact: Summoning Portal + Unstable Portal can together reduce something's cost to 0.  Another interesting fact: playing Loatheb for 0 mana is pretty good in this brawl.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 29, 2015, 08:33:59 pm »

Double legendaries reveal. Hard to see where they'll fit, but if they go off they're both incredibly powerful.

Fjola Lightbane
3 mana
3/4
Whenever you target this minion with a spell, gain Divine Shield.
Eydis Darkbane
3 mana
3/4
Whenever you target this minion with a spell, deal 3 damage to a random enemy.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 29, 2015, 08:49:40 pm »

Eydis seems pretty decent from a stance of getting some effect out of a buff even if it gets silenced - that 3 random damage doesn't just go away, and we know from Dr. Boom that randomly-placed damage can still do a pretty good job of cleaning up a board, especially if it's multiple triggered instances. At the very least, it'll be useful in spare-part-heavy Tempo Mage decks, and I suspect it might see play in other decks that feature cheap spells or a focus on spare parts as well. I plan on putting it in a Buff Druid deck at the very least, but that's just for the sheer shenanigans potential rather than anything that might be good.

Fjola seems a lot worse, although there is some combo potential with spare parts, Blood Knight, and Hand of Protection (:P). It reminds me of Cobalt Guardian, but a bit harder to activate in exchange for a reasonable statline for its mana cost.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 29, 2015, 08:55:38 pm »

They're already aggressively costed, if the text goes off on either of them, it's just delicious gravy. Lightbane is strictly better than Silvermoon guardian if you throw a spare part at it, and Darkbane gets a free 2 mana card every time, which isn't bad at all.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 109