Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 152194 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone TCG - The Reign of Dr. Boom
« Reply #615 on: August 24, 2015, 07:12:47 am »

Magic has a good amount of leeway with creature types and sizes (especially with smaller creatures, see squirrel = trained soldier) but they do actively try to put in some consistency. For example, out of the 53 minotaurs printed so far in Magic, 26 of them are either 2/3 or 3/3. Design had to fight to give Theros minotaur decks a 1-drop in Gnarled Scarhide because creative didn't want to make a 2/1 minotaur - the compromise was to have it be injured. Hence the missing arm in the art.

Hearthstone can't do things like that because they're mainly reusing WoW TCG art. I wonder what changes will happen once they start commissioning a lot of new art. That's still a while off though.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 24, 2015, 08:46:37 am »

Considering that most of the TGT card art isn't WoW TCG (Unless I'm certainly mis-remembering), I don't seem to remember most of it being like that.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 24, 2015, 12:55:12 pm »

TGT is out. Servers are fucked.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #618 on: August 24, 2015, 04:21:47 pm »

Maybe they could start re-purposing the WoW servers.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 24, 2015, 10:31:38 pm »

I had some coins saved up even though I don't play much, so I purchased a buncha packs. I got one legendary. Acid maw.

Welp.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 25, 2015, 07:48:51 am »

Bought 35 packs with gold, got Fjola Lightbane as my legendary. Time to make a priest deck I guess?

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 25, 2015, 09:00:07 pm »

Or a paladin one. Blessing of attack can hurt with free divine shield.

So far, I've tried a few of the inspire minions : I love Mukla's Champion in a deck with many minions (paladin especially, since it'll buff the recruit too). The one invoking recruit is fun (have it in arena, and it's quite useful). I used the Murloc one (paladin) and it's fun, but I'm not sure it's enough to make a Murloc Paladin deck. Will have to test when I have more Murlocs (missing the codlight and the warleader).
The Watchman is really good in Arena (mage especially), it's a 2/4 for 2 that just needs Inspire to attack.

Now, I want to test when you have some combos of them, like the Recruit one + Mukla. It can put some nice presence on the board.

And I got no legendaries in my packs :( but I got 5 times the captured jormungar (or something like that). Though I got Rhonin in Arena (was either that or Fjola or Rend, and I'm a Mage with no dragon). I'm not sure it's that good unless you have some spell damage (Dr. Boom seems better and costs only 7 mana instead of 8).

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 25, 2015, 09:24:51 pm »

So far Murloc Knight has been shaping up to be in the top 5 cards of the expansion, while totem shaman is being much less insane than everybody predicted.

But seriously though, fucking Murloc Knight.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 25, 2015, 09:41:53 pm »

Murloc Knight is just great.  I've been having a good time with token/inspire paladin (new cards being Warhorse Trainer, Silver Hand Regent, Mukla's Champion, Fencing Coach, Murloc Knight, with the old muster/QM combo in there).

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 26, 2015, 08:15:31 pm »

This weeks tavern brawl is out. It's back to the crossroads for us. Idk. It's okay. I think maybe better this time around because you get a chance to mess around with the TGT cards, so it's a bit fresher.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 31, 2015, 11:26:48 am »

I've been having fun with the secrets paladin deck and I've done pretty well with it. I used to mostly play casual mode because there wasn't much incentive to get past rank 20. With the introduction of the ranked rewards chest I finally decided to dedicate some time to laddering. I thought maybe I'd try for legend this month but it is a bit too much of a grind for me (and I probably need to get a little better at the game :P). I managed to get from rank 10 to rank 2 with around a 60% winrate, but I've been kinda stuck there. I played a little more than 100 games to get there. That's a bit too much hearthstone for me though. I don't think I'll bother trying too hard to get past rank 5 next month, once you lose those win streak bonus stars laddering takes so much longer!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 02, 2015, 07:36:25 pm »

New tavern brawl. Pretty basic one. You get two mana a turn instead of 1 (although you still start at 1)

Meh.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 02, 2015, 11:36:43 pm »

Getting to rank 5 is the really important part.  There's a huge jump in the reward from 6->5 (you go from a golden rare to a golden epic, which are 300 dust apart if you disenchant them).  From there up to legend you're basically just getting 5 dust per rank which really isn't significant at all.

e: if you can't get there then rank 15 is the other breakpoint.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:38:48 pm by Leafsnail »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #628 on: September 03, 2015, 02:49:05 am »

What about those of us who can't get to rank 15?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 03, 2015, 03:06:13 am »

Then don't bother with the ranked rewards, imho. Just do your quests and carry on.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 109