Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Roll to go to wizard school  (Read 22871 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to go to wizard school
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2013, 08:48:45 am »

Not really, yes, and yes.
Huh?
Not really stuck-up (I don't play characters I wouldn't like IRL), but she is rich and she is a girl.
Eh, a rich kid can't empaphise with a poor kid's situation. I predict much hate of the richies by the poverty-stricken.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2013, 08:53:27 am »

Huh?
Not really stuck-up (I don't play characters I wouldn't like IRL), but she is rich and she is a girl.
Eh, a rich kid can't empaphise with a poor kid's situation. I predict much hate of the richies by the poverty-stricken.
I predict target selection.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2013, 09:10:16 am »

Huh?
Yes, but "unable to empathize with the poor" isn't the same as "stuck-up". The former is due more to ignorance, the latter to arrogance.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2013, 09:47:09 am »

Huh?
Yes, but "unable to empathize with the poor" isn't the same as "stuck-up". The former is due more to ignorance, the latter to arrogance.
We'll see. She's most likely gotten everything she's ever wanted, right? Never wanted for nothing? My character will HATE that. He's the 'self made is best' kinda guy, in debt to no one and paying his own way.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2013, 10:37:42 am »

If you expect our characters to fight, our characters will fight. Try to go into this with an open mind.

If our characters fight, I want it to be because they don't get along, not because we went into this with a hostile attitude.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2013, 10:42:03 am »

Oh of course. It's just that MY character does not like spoilt people or rich people in general. Your pc will have to be a saint to get past that, at least until he undergoes some character development.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2013, 10:43:15 am »

My character doesn't mind all this at all. She's just focused on training to follow in the footsteps of Wrythwia.
:)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2013, 11:13:31 am »

Oh of course. It's just that MY character does not like spoilt people or rich people in general. Your pc will have to be a saint to get past that, at least until he undergoes some character development.
Alright.
Fair warning: If your character acts like a jerk to/around her, it's going to be a lot harder to get her to trust people like him.
Sig

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2013, 11:18:20 am »

In that case she'll be alone a lot. I think there's one other character with comparable CHAR to mine and I'll probably get them on my side as well.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2013, 11:43:10 am »

1. Are you saying your character can't not be a jerk?
2. Are you seriously suggesting that everyone will be divided into "Derry's in-group" and "Angel's outcasts"? If that's the case, either you're being foolish or I should star looking for an Alai.
3. Are you suggesting that there won't be any NPCs Angel could befriend? That seems rather improbable.
Sig

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2013, 11:45:38 am »

1. What?
2. Haha, no! It'll be "Derry's Puppets" and "Designated Victims/Prey/Outcasts". :P
3. It all depends on just how convincing Derry can be... And whether Angel pisses him off or not.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2013, 11:47:19 am »

1. Notice the conditional.
Fair warning: If your character acts like a jerk to/around her, it's going to be a lot harder to get her to trust people like him.
If Derry acts like a decent human being, things should be copacetic.

2, 3. Mm-hm. Just wait until we get into the Battle Room.
Sig

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2013, 11:50:13 am »

Derry will be...pragmatic to a fault. To him it won't matter about others so long as his skin is saved.

Fakeedit: Happened before I noticed and fixed it, apparently my iPad think 'win't' is a word.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2013, 11:55:03 am »

I hope it win't come to that.
Sig

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2013, 11:55:55 am »

-_-
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17