Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Roll to go to wizard school  (Read 22878 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to go to wizard school
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2013, 11:57:19 am »

Perhaps it's better not to plan out your entire social life in advance when, for all we know, our brains might get eaten by a malfunctioning Sorting Hat on the very first day.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2013, 11:58:10 am »

I hope that happens.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2013, 11:58:59 am »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2013, 12:03:49 pm »

I hope that happens.
...To whom? Or just in general?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2013, 12:04:57 pm »

I hope that happens.
To me. I wanna try and break a powerful sentient magical artifact to my will. Probably won't work, but I want to try.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2013, 12:08:28 pm »

modify character.
Warning! Breaking from semi-blind character creation protocols may only be done by rolling a random character! Once performed, this action cannot be undone, and further re-rolls of this character will be impossible.

Confirm re-roll to character archetype: Rune_Scholar?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2013, 12:19:43 pm »

I hope that happens.
To me. I wanna try and break a powerful sentient magical artifact to my will. Probably won't work, but I want to try.
Um...

Nirur, how good would the Great Hall's tables be for taking cover?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2013, 03:21:58 pm »

modify character.
Warning! Breaking from semi-blind character creation protocols may only be done by rolling a random character! Once performed, this action cannot be undone, and further re-rolls of this character will be impossible.

Confirm re-roll to character archetype: Rune_Scholar?
Was kinda hoping that i could swap still without any of this "random" stuff seeing as we still havent finished step two.
Guess ill just stick with what i had and revert my classed back to the conjurer/abjurer focus i had before.

Classes:
Abjuration, conjuration, dueling, arcane theory.
Bonus training in abjuration.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2013, 03:26:43 pm »

Um...

Nirur, how good would the Great Hall's tables be for taking cover?
In general? Not very.
Against a hypothetical sentient artifact mind-rape hat? Not at all.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2013, 06:32:09 pm »

Please check the "Shop Details" spoiler. Any globally available purchasing options for this phase will be listed there. After someone 'unlocks' a store, anyone may visit it and make their purchase in a single turn, at no roll.
The rich characters may choose to buy stuff for other players, to foster feelings of debt and/or gratitude, but are not required to do so.
Please bold your actions, and unbold or strikethrough old actions if you change your mind. If I can't find your turn easily in six pages, I'll assume you're not doing much of anything.

On buying books: The school will have a library, which may replace buying extra study materials, but whether or not you can find what you're looking for on any given turn is up to chance.

{2} - Angel ducks into the wand shop first, followed shortly by the rest of the group. Finest American Wands is new to the area, replacing Spencer's Quality Wands, which went out of business when Spencer died. These wands seem to be of mediocre quality, and the man behind the counter is surly and apathetic. The better wands are unusually expensive.
{5}, {8} vs {6} - Derry and Bull pass off tripping Mrs. Monroe as an accident. Nobody notices Derry palming money from the wallet, and he manages to pass having his hand in the purse off as a joke when Heywood notices and glares. He praises the peppermint candy he found as the best candy ever while Heywood reclaims his mother's purse.
+1 wealth to Derry

{7} - Tyson breaks off from the group to look at the bookstore Flourish and Blotts, U.S. The shelves form narrow aisles. He feels overwhelmed by the sheer amount of books. He notes that buying sets of books on illusions and dueling would take his entire allowance for the year.

{1} - Reyna rushes first to the bookstore, where she finds a limited print run of Wyrthia's first pentalogy! There's at least one high quality ((moving)) picture per chapter (These fight depictions are great), and the first one is the best pentalogy! The later books get depressing, and contain too many "just plain crass" scenes. Or so her father claimed. She wouldn't know herself until she was "old enough to dispel the illusions" currently blanking certain pages. Her aunt hadn't been very forthcoming about helping out with that when asked.
As there is only one set left, she buys it at once, and then beholds her new books with excessive glee.
-1 wealth; Wyrthia's first pentalogy gained. (Recreational books are for raising morale.)

{5} - Clair finds The Artistic Soul, and enters. Two people drinking coffee in the corner seem to be vaguely annoyed at her. The store has a variety of magical art supplies. There's a huge variety here, but a set of self-cleaning brushes and inks that cycle through a different color, in a set series, for each hour exposed to sunlight, catch her eye immediately. ((What sort of thing do you want from here?))

{9} - Joey finds an excellent store for exotic focuses, Wandless Will's. Joey asks the man about using magical gloves instead of wands, and he replies that they're an good choice. Gloves are nearly impossible to lose in a fight, but are difficult to use without both hands free, and are harder to learn to use in the first place, in such a wand-dominant society. He advises against trying to learn both a wand and another focus while going through school.

{3} - Grundulf finds a pet store, but they don't have much of a selection of non-standard pets.

Spoiler: Shop Details (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joey(Aattss) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tyson(Cheesecake) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Clair Keter(Scapheap) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bull Trollwit(Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

August 3rd shopping group:
Joey
Grundulf Byrdin
Marcus Crassius Alexander Caesar
Reyna Hirso
Clair Keter

August 4th shopping group:
Angel Beatrice Carlson
Tyson
Heywood D. Monroe
Bull Trollwit
Derry O'Driscoll

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2013, 06:38:35 pm »

"OhmygodohmygodohmygodOHMYGOD OHMYGOD!"
Reyna's scream of delight could be heard all throughout the mall.

She had just found a limited edition print of Wyrthwia's first pentalogy. She couldn't ask for anything better.

After about five to seven minutes of Reyna's dad trying to calm her down, they finally bought it and began looking for other things.

"Umm... it would be nice to get a History textbook, maybe study early and be able to test out of it early enough to focus on other things!" For once, Reyna spoke with reason.
Buy a book for History study.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2013, 07:52:50 pm »

Are you buying the History Textbooks of Study +1 with the rest of your money, or just the standard book?

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2013, 07:54:23 pm »

So, to clarify, both being good at a specific class of magic and being good at dueling will increase one's ability in combat?

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2013, 07:54:33 pm »

The one that adds to the studying, thank you. Then that'll be all, unless I can do more stuff for the rest of the day.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2013, 08:02:59 pm »

Angel looked at the wands, excited, annoying the old wand-maker a little with her enthusiasm and curiosity.

Meanwhile, her father goes over to the teacher, keeping a concerned eye on Angel.
"Are these typical prices for such wands? It's...a bit steep, don't you think?"

Ask. If the prices are confirmed to be typical, purchase a Fine wand (+1 Transfiguration, +2 Abjuration).
Buy books for Abjuration, Conjuration, Magical Theory, Potions, and Runes.

"But Dad!"
"No buts. I see no reason why a young lady such as yourself would need to learn dueling."
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17