Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Roll to go to wizard school  (Read 22887 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to go to wizard school
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2013, 04:39:05 pm »

Redacted
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 08:47:08 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2013, 04:41:01 pm »

So, if we take 4 instead of 5 classes, we can be more focused in the classes we pick?
Yes, unless you have plans for your outside-of-class time other than schoolwork.

Also, do I have to choose my second Lore and whatever I'm getting the 2x focus on?)
Sorry, missed responding. Yes.

Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)
Lore check: This class schedule would serve you well on your path to joining the Order of the Elemental Guardians. Or just emulating Wyrthia. ((Does the Order being real, with a 'based slightly on a true-story' fantasy series work for you?))

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2013, 04:48:10 pm »

Would Abjuration or Conjuration cause more property damage? I'm trying to ascertain the minutia of their natures before picking one.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2013, 04:52:19 pm »

Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)

Heywood wasn't sure he wanted to be here. All this seemed quite unreal. His mom wasn't helping - she was far too busy grinning maniacally to do anything like that. Heywood didn't like his mom when she got like that. And the last two months or so, she hasn't really been anything else. Ever since that day she ran into a wizard or some crap like that. Been very enthusiastic since he told her about this school for children where they teach magic or whatever. Needless to say, this was very confusing for little Heywood, who obviously wasn't quite ready to act as a vehicle for wish fulfillment, even if he didn't necessarily realize it yet.

He was afraid to speak with her, for she looked like she was about to burst with delight. Instead, he merely tried to go in a particular direction to find something. He knew he probably had to get something, though he would be damned if he knew what.

Search for a... magical stationery shop? Maybe?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 02:29:48 am by Harry Baldman »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2013, 04:55:14 pm »

Derry looked across at the kid with the psycho-mum.
"Need to get away from her?"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2013, 04:56:08 pm »

Would Abjuration or Conjuration cause more property damage? I'm trying to ascertain the minutia of their natures before picking one.
It's slightly hard to beat Abjuration's "levitate mansion" + "propel mansion" for potential property damage. Conjuration would be slightly better at lighting it on fire.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2013, 04:57:25 pm »

Mind if I ask why a rosary?
Because it's as close as I'm gonna get to a magical knuckleduster. And the idea of casting spells with a rosary just seems really cool for some reason. Might be my current sleep dep level though.
Sleep-dep probably explains the formatting. I've been there; it'll get worse if you don't sleep. You are getting very sleepy....sleepy....now go into your bed, close your eyes, and wait it's morning where you are.
On a serious note: I'm having trouble seeing a rosary used as knuckledusters. You'd probably be better off sharpening your wand.
I can. Word to the wise, don't insult someone's religion while they're using prayer beads. They hurt like a bitch.
Given my tendency to do stuff pretty close to that whenever religion comes up, thanks for the advice.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2013, 04:58:25 pm »

Heywood leans in carefully.

"Yeah... kinda."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2013, 04:59:36 pm »

Heywood leans in carefully.

"Yeah... kinda."
"Any preference as how?"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2013, 05:04:50 pm »

It's slightly hard to beat Abjuration's "levitate mansion" + "propel mansion" for potential property damage. Conjuration would be slightly better at lighting it on fire.
:o
Dropping runes for abjuration.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2013, 05:28:33 pm »

Sorry, I'm probably just really stupid here. I'm just a bit confused, so don't laugh at me if I mess this up.

I choose four Classes, correct? So...

Runes
Dueling
Mind Arts
Conjuration

Now, what do you mean by "GM Skill Pick"? What do I choose my 2x and 1x focus in? What are my connections?

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2013, 05:37:06 pm »

So, does Arcane Theory affect spells in some way?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2013, 05:49:52 pm »

Posting to watch, and to be added to the waitlist that isn't there.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2013, 06:15:35 pm »

Sorry, I'm probably just really stupid here. I'm just a bit confused, so don't laugh at me if I mess this up.

Now, what do you mean by "GM Skill Pick"? What do I choose my 2x and 1x focus in? What are my connections?

I was going to mention this a few posts ago, on the Connections skill: If you have an unused Connections skill, you may use it on a new contact to get a significant relations boost. This should work on all but the most powerful people. It will work on a teacher, the leader of the magic police squad chasing you, the judge of your murder case, etc.
...What?
The Connections skill is a single-use "this person is my friend/family and always has been" card, but can only be used for the first two interactions with any one person.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2013, 06:17:10 pm »

I've decided that I'll have to spreadsheet this. The game's expected lifespan has just increased, and I'll probably get new first years if this survives to the second year and some people die.

I choose four Classes, correct? So...

Runes
Dueling
Mind Arts
Conjuration

Yes.
GM Skill Pick was because picking lower class gave you an extra skill point that you weren't using.
Choose your focuses in any spell classes. You'll get extra xp and spells for the chosen classes. If you want a class not listed, PM me what you want and I see if it fits in.
Connections info is in Dorsidwarf's quote.

So, does Arcane Theory affect spells in some way?
Yes. It will generally let you learn new spells faster and be a bit more effective with them. It also has some synergies with runes.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17