Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dual Succession Game (Will start when a Perfect-World map is gotten)  (Read 6357 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

This does seem a bit odd, but this does make sense.  We're probably going to want to wait for the next version to begin this, though, for reasons that you will soon find obvious when this begins to be explained.

Game One
The first of this dual succession game will be an adventure mode game using a vanilla copy of Dwarf Fortress.  The goal of this is to kill every single entity upon the face of the planet.  This is the reason why we will need to wait for the next version, so we can reach the elf, goblin, and dwarf sites so that they can be annihilated.  Each person has a week, and must retire their adventurer when their week (up for debate) is ended, and only the last adventurer can suicide themselves into a volcano.  Once the total death of the world has been achieved, a fortress mode play-through will be begun with a single race chosen by the players of both games.  If it is not dwarves, then there will need to be some modding to get them to work, but that will be the extent.  The goal of this is to manage to get the fortress up to or above 100 of that race's population.  I should note: the embark site will not be chosen by the players of the fortress mode playthrough, however.  That will instead be decided through another means (see: About the Embark Location)

Game Two
Running parallel to the above game will be a modding session, similar to DF from Scratch.  The main differences are that there will be a vanilla race chosen to be carried over to the new world (with a max entity count of 1), vanilla rocks and minerals being carried over, the domesticated members of the chosen race being carried over, and there can be no testing outside of arena mode of a race.  This is because the 'Gods' (the modders) who are creating the new creatures, rocks, secrets, etc, are using a world left behind by Armok in a nearly blank slate, but they only have the one world, and cannot create another.  They did manage to create an arena to test their creations in, but they only have the one world, since they are lesser deities that do not have enough power to create their own world.  To work out bugs, you need to commune with the other 'gods' to find them.  Bonus if this is roleplayed.  The gods have until the fortress mode of the first is ready to begin, then they have to put their creations on show in the world and hope for the best.  After this is generated, a fortress mode succession will be begun, using any of the added races.

About the Embark Location of the First Game Fortress Mode
The embark location is not going to be chosen by the people, but by the starting location of the 1 entity of the chosen to survive race in the 'God' world.  In order to keep both worlds the same, we will be using perfect world to provide a terrain to be used.  Any differences will be attributed to erosion in the transition period.

Final Words
Since we need to wait for the next version, we will need to busy ourselves for a time.  Planning things out for what you will add/your adventurer, deciding how the world is going to look, and determining which race will be used would be good points to focus on to keep us busy.

Lists

This is going to be upkept at 5 more empty slots than players so people know there is still room.

Spoiler: New Gods' Work (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 07:42:56 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile

I'll sign up for fortress and modding.  Sounds awesome.  I agree that this may want to wait for the next version though.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

fortress

End of the world or After the Gods?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile

After the gods.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Well, call me Ragnarok and rip me in half. This should be interesting.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

reemer30

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:swag]
    • View Profile

Could I sign up for a turn to mod, and to play the adventure game? I might come back afterwards to join the fortress game.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Could I sign up for a turn to mod, and to play the adventure game? I might come back afterwards to join the fortress game.

You have been added.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile

Seems interesting, should be fun to watch.
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll volunteer to kill everything.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If this ever happens, I want a turn killing stuff.

What happens if my adventurer dies before my week is up?
Taste my Paci-Fist

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

If this ever happens, I want a turn killing stuff.

What happens if my adventurer dies before my week is up?

Added.  I'd call it as if your character has killed at or over 100, then you cannot create a new character.  If you get less, then you can create a new character.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess it might take a few adventurers for me then.

I also just realized that it might be harder in the next version to kill all living beings as new people are going to be born in the world while the game is running, if I understood that right.
Taste my Paci-Fist

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Though babies are probably easier to kill than adults oh god why

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I guess it might take a few adventurers for me then.

I also just realized that it might be harder in the next version to kill all living beings as new people are going to be born in the world while the game is running, if I understood that right.

Yes.  We may want a smaller world with a history around 100-200 years so that it is feasible to be able to reach the fortress aspects before a save breaking release comes along.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Though babies are probably easier to kill than adults oh god why
It's disturbing that I think this is incredibly funny.
Fortunately DF's graphics are not good enough to attract politicians. :P
Taste my Paci-Fist
Pages: [1] 2 3