Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 68

Author Topic: The First Magic Girls OOC  (Read 65123 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
The First Magic Girls OOC
« on: December 09, 2013, 11:31:33 am »

December 22, 2012. 3:00 PM. Latitude 37, Longitude 139. 75 kilometers above the surface. A meteor explodes in a shower of blue and indigo fragments. Fragments of the meteor were scattered over Japan, Korea, and part of the Chinese coast. These fragments were mostly glowing blue, with some purple and rumors of other colors. Stranger than the glowing fragments were bolts of what seemed to be pure blue light. These struck a handful of lucky--or luckless--individuals, knocking them out.

When they awoke, they were...different. They looked the same, but had strange new abilities. Reports came in fro around the region of people with such abilities. What were they? Why were they? And what would they do?

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
I hope to take ~6 players, and definitely won't take more than 10. I will also see if I can work in a sort of waitlist, but you won't be one of the Originals.

IC Thread
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 11:38:06 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: The First Magic Girls
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 11:58:52 am »

Name: Jane Grave
Appearance: Brown hair in a twin braided style reaching her waist, green eyes. Most common superpower of a c-cup. Slender.

Background: I'm a student from America. I'm on my gap year. My father is a doctor and my mum is a bit dead.
That Night: I threw a dart at a map on where to go. Japan was hit. On the night, I found I was out of food, chicken in particular and headed for the shops.
Power: Fire Beast
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 03:55:53 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 12:02:58 pm »

Spoiler: Tyris Sent (click to show/hide)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 12:26:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 02:49:59 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 12:34:19 pm »

...Did not expect anyone to choose that. Silly of me, really.

I threw a dart at a map on where to go. Japan was hit.
I'm not going to force it, but could you provide a bit more detail about what happened that actual night? It would help with the intro.

Power: Magical gunslinger.
A bit specific, and yet too vague. Interesting. Could you define this?

Power: Life (Healing and animate object interaction).
A bit on the broad side...I'd definitely let you pick one of those.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 12:45:56 pm »

HNNNNNG

:D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 12:48:25 pm by Pufferfish »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 01:11:17 pm »

Ooh... this is tough, then. Fine, she is able to interact with plants and animals, and give them simple commands, dropping the healing.

If possible, I would like to keep some form of weak healing maybe, but it's up to you.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 01:13:32 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 01:46:03 pm »

Name: Shinohara Mao
Appearance: At this point, nearly anything, though she originally had brown hair, usually worn in ponytails, and red eyes.

Background: Mao was quite an introvert, avoiding contact with others almost completely and, in fact, hadn't left her room for about a month prior to the event.
That Night: Mao lives in japan, so she was there in any case. The reason she was outside was, quite simply, that she was attempting to kill herself by leaping from her balcony.
Power: Shapeshifting.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 01:51:47 pm »

Mind if I ask why he was killing herself?
And also why she had red eyes? Japan is pretty phenotypically homogenous*.

*Okay, the brown hair marks her pretty clearly as an outsider, but still, red eyes.
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 02:07:31 pm »

I threw a dart at a map on where to go. Japan was hit.
I'm not going to force it, but could you provide a bit more detail about what happened that actual night? It would help with the intro.

Power: Magical gunslinger.
A bit specific, and yet too vague. Interesting. Could you define this?
Edited.
The idea I got for the power is two handguns that Jane can summon with element rounds. The rounds are also summoned into the guns(like Dante's handguns) and do things depending on what. the types are elements. Here a list of what I got so far.

Fire: Fireball on contract
Ice: Freezes a small area around impact.
Lightning: It acts like a taser.
Water: Act like a water bomb. Usually follows by a Ice or Lightning round.
Wind: You know the sandbag shotgun used by SWAT. Like that.
Earth: It a bullet. Just a bullet(somethings are fireproof okay!)
Light: Flashbang.

If I come up with more types, I'll run them past you first.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 02:10:59 pm »

Name: Kaia Greenwood
Gender: Girl, tomboyish (more due to interests than appearance)
Appearance: She has long dark-brown hair, green eyes, and a relatively average build (If a little thin).

Background: Kaia has always had a fascination with technology ever since she was a little girl.  She would spend hours dismantling various appliances to see how they worked (much to the annoyance of her parents, as she was never as adept at putting them back together).  As she grew older, she found it quite difficult to mix with the other children due to differing interests, resulting in her becoming a bit of a loner, often preferring to spend her time tinkering with various electronics rather than playing with other children. 
That Night: That night was her second in Japan.  She and her parents had decided to finally come here on holiday to celebrate her Dad’s new promotion at the accountancy firm where he works.  They were staying in an expensive hotel room in Tokyo when the meteor exploded.  Kaia happened to be looking out of the window at the time, admiring the view of the city and absentmindedly toying with a piece of the television remote that she had been messing with earlier.  Her admiration was cut short when she noticed the explosion, just in time for a bolt of pure light to shine through the window and knock her out cold.
Power: Electricity
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 03:54:06 pm by draco1234 »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 02:19:12 pm »

Name: Kikiuchi Yukari (Screw English characters. I have too many. Family name first, first name last.)
Appearance: Brown hair. Tall. Hazel eyes.

Background: Ordinary student who has a job at a local store and stuff. May or may not be crazy and/or like archery. Mother's dead, dad's still a doctor.
That Night: Beach walk out of boredom.
Power: Wind
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 04:12:34 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 02:35:21 pm »

Spoiler: SO ADORABLE! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 05:17:55 pm by RangerCado »
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 02:54:16 pm »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 02:57:26 pm »

The idea I got for the power is two handguns that Jane can summon with element rounds. The rounds are also summoned into the guns(like Dante's handguns) and do things depending on what. the types are elements.
That's simultaneously more nuanced and complex, as well as more broad, than what the lore I've concocted so far would allow. I'm sorry, but I need you to come up with a new power.

(not finished yet)
What's there so far looks acceptable.

Power: Tarot motifs
That's not a power, it's a...motif.

Power: Adorable, or cats.
Tricky, tricky. I'm trying to figure out some way for that to work, but both are a bit...specific.
Sig
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 68