Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47

Author Topic: The Insidious Sons of Steelhold -- Revival Succession Fortress  (Read 271449 times)

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Insidious Sons of Steelhold -- Revival Succession Fortress
« Reply #510 on: February 06, 2014, 10:23:57 am »

this is mdfi you're arguing with.  :dry:.  "hyperbole or go home" and all.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Oshha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 06, 2014, 12:50:59 pm »

Gonna to post after tea, my evening been disrupted by my sister setting the bin on fire and my putting it out flooding the dining room. So sorry for the delay.
I give the following note to Rhaken:
I suppose you know who I am by now.  Please keep Lorius from stabbing me when I set up my room next to him.

Oshha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 06, 2014, 12:53:11 pm »

I compressed the fail and I'm ready to upload it, but I want to write about Karius leaving Steelhold to hunt down Oku in the name of Rhaken and Lorius. He'll leave a few tips for the next overseer for dealing with the surviving vampires as well a Rhakenist Government in charge of Steelhold.
I suppose you know who I am by now.  Please keep Lorius from stabbing me when I set up my room next to him.

Oshha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 06, 2014, 02:38:52 pm »

Karius strolls towards the entrance and exit to Steelhold. His reign as overseer is at the end. He shouldn't have stayed, but the vampires and Alatha persuaded him to stay and try and restore some of Steelhold's glory. But his mission was to stop Oku and she had left before Karius even arrived at this place. Now with the vampires dealt with and Alatha slain. Most of the survivors of Steelhold are Rhakenists so his former leige's legacy is assured for the time being. Now Karius has dealt with the vampires. The two children, including Alatha's murderer, are walled off near Hell's entrance. The a couple have gone crazy and are no threat. Those that are injured are locked away or walled off and the military is not allowed in the fortress. And the queen as been locked in a cage since before he arrived. A few tried to sneak into the fortress so Karius as ordered that doors be locked went people go to sleep. Now Karius plans to hunt down Oku and hope Steelhold won't cause any problems for the rest of the world. He'll take up control of Rhaken's spy network and continue the old man's plans. Hopefully Shank shall keep an eye on Steelhold and dealt with problems. Should anything of note happened, Karius as requested to Shank that he inform Karius. Now with some advice left the next overseer. Now Alatha dead, Karius has a hole in his heart and nothing to make him stay at Steelhold other than painful memories.

- Keep the vampires separate from the main workforce if Steelhold is to survive.
- Only open the gates into Steelhold to allow migrants in to increase the workforce.
- If vampires return to the fortress, lock the doors to where any dwarves are sleeping while they sleep.
- Don't kill Shank or Asmoth. Asmoth may be important if you have to deal with any magic. Don't anger the Rhakenists either.
- Ghosts are starting to pop up.

OOC: Karius has left the fortress to deal with Oku, who has also already left. He'll try to take control of Rhaken's old spy network and has left Shank as his spy at Steelhold and request that he try and kill Alatha's killer. He sort of fell in love with Alatha, but she died so he no reason to stay with the vampires under control and Oku having already left Steelhold. I think I had a good first community fortress turn. The next overseer should do something about the ghosts starting to appear.

Oshha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 06, 2014, 02:41:18 pm »

File should be at the file depot under the named of Steelhold Karius' Leave uploaded by Oshha.

Oshha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: The Insidious Sons of Steelhold
« Reply #516 on: February 06, 2014, 04:10:40 pm »

Asmoth's Log, 1st of Granite.

I deployed Thikut and her friends to do something about our leader last night, but they report that he has vanished, leaving nothing but questions in his wake. Who was he, what did he want, how many did he kill? Probably not as many as me, but at least I did it for science.

In any case, Thikut and her friends seem to developing into a group of very capable assassins. They do have the downside of only being willing to kill mortals at the moment, but I'm sure that will change with time. Keeping the mortal population low will make the survivors more likely to accept a place in my ascension projects later on. Immortality Mark 2 should provide a far lower death rate than the first iteration, and although I don't think that there is anything that can be done to reduce the death toll of Project Moonrise, they won't be in any position to refuse a place in it should I offer them one.

Final note: Thikut's friends seem to be engaging in some form of worship of Steelhold's vampire baby. Perhaps now that aging isn't an issue for them, they have a reverence for the appearance of youth?

All hail the vampire baby.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
Re: The Insidious Sons of Steelhold
« Reply #517 on: February 06, 2014, 04:26:46 pm »

Actually, all boulders have a basic value of 3 or more.

Didn't know that. You have expanded my horizons, sir.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 06, 2014, 07:39:38 pm »

We should put the vampire baby in a glass cage so all can see its holiness
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 06, 2014, 11:02:46 pm »

Excellent! another year down in Steelhold. Now I have more reason to update the original post. I'll be sure to inform 4maskwolf via private message.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 06, 2014, 11:12:20 pm »

no need.  4mask always knows.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 06, 2014, 11:17:17 pm »

By the way, Oshha, did you use a tileset? The graphics are once again messed up. Also, I ask that we not give nicknames to non-character dwarves (profession names are fair-game, though).
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 07, 2014, 11:12:15 am »

I suppose we could, but we'd have to convict it of a murder or something first, or lure it into cage traps covered in webs. I don't think that the dwarfs would be happy about the first, and you'd have to predict where the baby was going for the second.

Edit: Could I ask 4mask to remove the Rhakenist job from Thikut? Also, I think you're probably going to get tantruming vampires is you leave them stationed at the gates forever. I had a tomb assigned to the queen on z level -2 that's been unassigned, so if you want to keep her happy you should probably get her a new one and stuff. Oh, and why is Asmoth the militia commander?

PS: the vampire baby seems to have transformed into a ghost baby, which isn't as cool. Oh well.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 11:31:31 am by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 07, 2014, 12:14:56 pm »

I suppose we could, but we'd have to convict it of a murder or something first, or lure it into cage traps covered in webs. I don't think that the dwarfs would be happy about the first, and you'd have to predict where the baby was going for the second.

Edit: Could I ask 4mask to remove the Rhakenist job from Thikut? Also, I think you're probably going to get tantruming vampires is you leave them stationed at the gates forever. I had a tomb assigned to the queen on z level -2 that's been unassigned, so if you want to keep her happy you should probably get her a new one and stuff. Oh, and why is Asmoth the militia commander?

PS: the vampire baby seems to have transformed into a ghost baby, which isn't as cool. Oh well.
Ask and though shalt receive.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 07, 2014, 08:08:36 pm »

Sounds very like what twisted Asmoth into the monster she is today.
Presuming she wasn't a horrible sociopath before Brasswords put her in the box, that is.
It's super hard to keep track of the plot around here. We should expand the wiki.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47