Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47

Author Topic: The Insidious Sons of Steelhold -- Revival Succession Fortress  (Read 266631 times)

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Insidious Sons of Steelhold -- Revival Succession Fortress
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2013, 05:31:09 pm »

Welp, that poses a problem. It's still autumn. I ain't done yet. :P

I can throw in an update today, probably rounding out the year. I still intend to take the next one, provided you agree with giving me a time extension. I love you fine folks and all, but Fishmas is family time. Where's my deadline at anyways? It may require squeezing in a little less narrative. Not sure if I've been going overboard with that.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2013, 05:36:01 pm »

I like the narrative.  And given the fact that I dumped most of a year on him AND it's Christmas time, I say that a time extension is in order.  And for that matter, nobody has brought up plans to depose "King Rhaken".

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 23, 2013, 05:39:13 pm »

Welp, that poses a problem. It's still autumn. I ain't done yet. :P

I can throw in an update today, probably rounding out the year. I still intend to take the next one, provided you agree with giving me a time extension. I love you fine folks and all, but Fishmas is family time. Where's my deadline at anyways? It may require squeezing in a little less narrative. Not sure if I've been going overboard with that.
This is something of a tough situation. I perfectly understand you needing to spend time with your family, though I also feel that there is only so far that the rules should b bent. As of now, you have until December 27th, PST. Exactly how much more time would you need?
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2013, 05:39:48 pm »

>Magic Users
>In MY fort
Why can't we just have a simple, ruthless power play among violent criminals without dragging alchemy/demons/alternate dimensions into the mix, I tell'ya what.
It was better in the days or rampant ex-overseer murder. You knew where you stood, in those days. Mostly on the other side of a locked door, with rapidly dwindling supplies and/or goblins locked in with you.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 23, 2013, 06:10:43 pm »

I should have the whole thing wrapped up by December 30th. I have two very different yet not mutually exclusive storylines planned. They require minimal engineering however.

I'm honestly not sure what to do about the comedy resolution. Ya'll could turn it serious if you're so inclined, but I intend to move forward within the next few hours.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 23, 2013, 06:14:15 pm »

I should have the whole thing wrapped up by December 30th. I have two very different yet not mutually exclusive storylines planned. They require minimal engineering however.

I'm honestly not sure what to do about the comedy resolution. Ya'll could turn it serious if you're so inclined, but I intend to move forward within the next few hours.

Pretty sure comedy in Steelhold involves death. Many deaths.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 23, 2013, 06:15:41 pm »

Until the thirtieth seems to be a reasonable extension. As for the comedic resolution, that will remain non-canon. If anyone wants to animate it or put it into comic strip form, though, that would be pretty cool.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2013, 06:38:42 pm »

Until the thirtieth seems to be a reasonable extension. As for the comedic resolution, that will remain non-canon. If anyone wants to animate it or put it into comic strip form, though, that would be pretty cool.
The comic resolution to what?  The scene I was doing?  It was in character for him to do that, I guess.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2013, 06:51:43 pm »

The comic resolution to what?  The scene I was doing?  It was in character for him to do that, I guess.
This comic resolution:
Here's a funny little omake/comedic resolution to the whole thing.  I'll make another post when I'm sure I'm done.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's non-canon as it involves control of the fort being given to Fractal.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2013, 06:57:23 pm »

Oh!  He changed it!

I saw only the first part of it...  when he first posted it.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 23, 2013, 07:02:09 pm »

I Kept thinking up new ideas, and I thought Rhaken was just about done with his turn.

Anyways...we *could* just keep the part where I tumble in and ask for some adamant. Not sure what would happen after that for the serious approach.
if not, I'd like to hear the rest of the speech mask was planning.

p.s. I don't particularly care what date Rhaken ends his turn on. I completed an entire year in  swordthunders. This place *cannot* be as laggy as that armok-forsaken place.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 07:16:51 pm by fractalman »
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 23, 2013, 07:15:39 pm »

Honestly, I'd just as well go for the adamant idea.  I actually have a scene planned that takes place directly after that.

I'll post it when I'm done finishing my silvergoose writeup.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 23, 2013, 07:22:34 pm »

Honestly, I'd just as well go for the adamant idea.  I actually have a scene planned that takes place directly after that.

I'll post it when I'm done finishing my silvergoose writeup.

I have absolutely no idea what's going on. This is what happens when you so much story being posted by people who aren't playing. It's best to just react to events that go on the in the fort, methinks. Or just other people's posts. Don't get carried away if you want to keep a semblance of canon.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 23, 2013, 08:53:04 pm »

What's going on, in a nutshell:

Rhaken has been smoothing things out, stabilizing the fort's food and booze levels, and maintaining order.
Me and my crazies are whispering promises of luxury to all who will listen.  There are at least 5 lesser plots woven into the very structure of my faction, and I'm hoping to see a chance for a hilarious (bloody?) gambit-pileup. 

I got lost in the vent shafts after talking with the vampire, who promptly got himself caught despite my warning to flee to another fort. (The vampire's plots are unknown, but they can't possibly end well...)

I wind up listening in on the conversation with the vampire, as well as the conversation with maskwolf.

Maskwolf mentioned my name, and I popped out and asked for the adamant.   (The omake is non-cannon after that point.)

One last thing: This fortress stands out to me because the players are doing so much plotting, conniving, and story-writing when it's not their turn. 

This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2013, 09:03:46 pm »

I'm going to agree with Fractalman on this.  This is one of my favorite fortresses for that very reason.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47