Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47

Author Topic: The Insidious Sons of Steelhold -- Revival Succession Fortress  (Read 266629 times)

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
Re: The Insidious Sons of Steelhold -- Revival Succession Fortress
« Reply #480 on: February 02, 2014, 08:00:48 am »

I'm actually pretty sure Steelhold is already on the mainland. I mean, unless you mean that the entire world as currently genned is an island.

Oshha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 02, 2014, 08:59:46 am »

People seem to think that I purposefully killed most of our population. I didn't. When I was containing the vampire population, I made an honest mistake. Simply storywise Karius killed off most of the vampires, gamewise I blundered big time, but saved over a quarter of the population and all of the name dwarves. In other news, I reached Autumn and almost finished writing a big update when a member of my family turned off the power by mistake. I lost half my write up, but Steelhold was fine because I save it about twenty minutes before. I then had and have family activities I committed to in real life to do.
I give the following note to Rhaken:
I suppose you know who I am by now.  Please keep Lorius from stabbing me when I set up my room next to him.

Oshha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 02, 2014, 09:00:48 am »

I'm playing it safe now so I won't kill Steelhold, but the next overseer can't be stupid and mess up like I did.
I suppose you know who I am by now.  Please keep Lorius from stabbing me when I set up my room next to him.

Oshha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 02, 2014, 09:03:47 am »

Also this is my first time at Community Fortress and with magma and adamantine.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 02, 2014, 10:11:18 am »

People seem to think that I purposefully killed most of our population. I didn't. When I was containing the vampire population, I made an honest mistake. Simply storywise Karius killed off most of the vampires, gamewise I blundered big time, but saved over a quarter of the population and all of the name dwarves. In other news, I reached Autumn and almost finished writing a big update when a member of my family turned off the power by mistake. I lost half my write up, but Steelhold was fine because I save it about twenty minutes before. I then had and have family activities I committed to in real life to do.
I'm playing it safe now so I won't kill Steelhold, but the next overseer can't be stupid and mess up like I did.
Also this is my first time at Community Fortress and with magma and adamantine.
Relax, we understand.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 02, 2014, 10:33:17 am »

Mistakes happen, it's all good.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 02, 2014, 10:39:51 am »

I'm actually pretty sure Steelhold is already on the mainland. I mean, unless you mean that the entire world as currently genned is an island.

Yeah, or assume that after Steelhold, the prisoners took over their continent, then began spreading to others.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 02, 2014, 01:36:27 pm »

Yeah, or assume that after Steelhold, the prisoners took over their continent, then began spreading to others.

I would assume the dwarves leave the island as refugees, and the Bloodkin would follow them.
But enough of this. The fortress stands. For however long it will continue to stand, that is.

Oshha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 02, 2014, 03:51:20 pm »

Karius hides as Shank, his new loyal captain of the guard, contains the two surviving vampire children. While all of the surviving vampires, mostly surviving Rhakenists, are in the military, the two children ones had slipped Karius' mind. They slowly killed off the workforce, Karius only discovering it when he went to visit Alatha one night only to the find the woman having her blood drain by Thikut, the vampire girl and daughter of that fiend Asmoth. Karius will have deal with the vampire children if he and the new migrants that will make up the workforce are to survive.

Not much going on in Steelhold. I abandoned my write up after I couldn't regain my train of thought. Little has happened as I'm playing it safe. I now got a fully vampire military at eternal watch at the gates while the new migrants have replace the workforce that those pair of surviving vampire children killed everyone, but Karius. We had a siege, but only a war troll actually reached the military. So rather boring, especially since I played an exciting game of risk afterwards.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: The Insidious Sons of Steelhold
« Reply #489 on: February 02, 2014, 06:17:36 pm »

Isn't Shank a vampire as well?

Asmoth glanced up from the corpses she had been examining as the door behind her opened.

"Well?" she asked. The child smiled in a way that could have been innocent, if not for the blood around her lips.
"We got them all except the leader," Thikut said. "He's very vigilant."
"I suppose he would be. He seemed very well informed on the state of the fortress," the doctor sighed. "No matter, tell me what you think of this." She indicated the bodies in front of her. Asmoth nodded in approval as Thikut spent her time looking over them.
"A very clever vampire?" she eventually shrugged. "No marks that I can see, but it could have been fused with a sexual act or similar."
"No internal cuts either," Asmoth said, shaking her head.
"Poison, then?" Thikut frowned. "It can't be natural causes, this one looks about twenty."
"Worse. Magic," the doctor spat.
"What's so bad about that?" her daughter asked. "Isn't what you did magic?"
"Of course not! We use science. Science can be replicated, it gives us power over the world. Magic comes from somewhere else, and all it really does is give something else power over us. It always has a price, and that price is always more than you can afford to pay."
"So these people tried to use magic?" Thikut murmered, worried by her mother's sudden outburst.
"I think... Someone used them as payment. There was a presence here, and I think it either used these people to go somewhere else or for some other spell. Gods, I haven't seen such a mess since I had to clean up after that mechanical prosthetic experiment," Asmoth muttered.
"Did it work," the girl asked.
"The spell? I don't have much experience with magic unless the end result was someone getting dismembered."
"No, the prosthetics."
"Oh," Asmoth shrugged. "Providing that they were intending to have the new limbs go haywire and kill most of the test subjects, then yes."
"So what do we do now?" Thikut asked after a pause. Asmoth shrugged again.
"See who kills our leader first, I guess."

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 02, 2014, 08:32:16 pm »

Where is James Joyce at the moment?

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 03, 2014, 08:38:05 pm »

Oh look, my prosthetics are back! I originally assumed that that project took place after Asmoth's arrival at Steelhold, but I guess Emdief just took his time crossing the desert.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 04, 2014, 02:19:25 am »

Just as a reminder to anyone interested in the project at the moment, the wiki is open for edits and additions. Feel free to contribute.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 04, 2014, 08:53:46 am »

The wiki is your friend. Your needy, clingy friend who you should really support.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: The Insidious Sons of Steelhold
« Reply #494 on: February 04, 2014, 02:35:29 pm »

Now that I think of it, Emdief's prosthetics probably would have been long after Asmoth was in any position to be involved in it. Maybe it could be a precursor or something then.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47