Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Your fastest falling fortress?  (Read 2633 times)

BetaOrion

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello World!
    • View Profile
Re: Your fastest falling fortress?
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2014, 07:21:20 pm »

I just found a volcano inside a lake and could embark, so i did. The wagon spawned on the edge of the volcano and fell in it, with all my dwarves. Then all the water started pouring in the volcano, creating lots of lagg and obsidian.

So yea...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 07:05:06 am by BetaOrion »
Student cancels study: distracted by dwarf fortress.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2014, 12:09:06 am »

I just found a volcano inside a lake and could embark, so i did. The spawned on the edge of the volcano and fell in it, with all my dwarves. Then all the water started pouring in the volcano, creating lots of lagg and obsidian.

So yea...
I think we have a winner. 
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2014, 12:24:38 am »

Not sure about how fast my fortress did fall , it was getting pretty high up when a small construction error on the trap management site made the whole thing plummet 40 tiles straight down on top of Urisk lever pusher. Weirdly enough Urist survived while the other dwarves didnt ( around 100ish ). He died terrified later on ^_^

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2014, 04:46:30 pm »

I built my fortress entirely in the sky, supported by a single pillar which was connected to a lever. When the HFS! came out of the mines I entombed them with my sky fort.

So it fell pretty dam fast into the ground
May the mass times acceleration be with you
Pages: 1 2 [3]