Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Use for caged Troglodyte Macemen?  (Read 2005 times)

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Use for caged Troglodyte Macemen?
« on: February 19, 2014, 02:46:45 pm »

So... I have 50 caged troglodyte macemen (and misc others) and they have to go before the next invasion because I need the cages.

Just wondering... is there anything better to make of them than dumping them into magma? Should I keep them around all stuffed into a single cage for some reason?

Mmmh... I need leather. Can I somehow turn their skin into leather if I drop them from a high place onto solid ground instead of getting rid of the bodies altogether directly? Or is there anything else I can use them for?

( Guess cremating them would be an option, but I don't really need any more ash... )

Still haven't really gotten the hang of those weird invasions and what to do with them -.-

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Use for caged Troglodyte Macemen?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 02:50:22 pm »

Why not drop them into a kill room? Either spikes, or deep drop. Or let them out and kill them. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 02:54:47 pm »

You could make a danger room for them, recage them and unleash them on FB's and the like if you still have armor and weapons on them. Its always fun unleashing legendary goblins or other invaders on titans.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 04:48:03 pm »

Make a pit room to drop them into.  Have the floor of the pit room be a large retracting bridge above a very deep pit.  Then have the walls of the pit room fortifications.  Train your archers on the pitted enemies or open a bridge to let melee soldiers in.  If you want to clear the room just retract the floor bridge and let them drop to their death.

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 04:42:39 am »

So they won't give me any leather/skin or anything else useful if I introduce them to the ground with sufficient force? :(

Then I guess I'm going with a combined "emergency anti-FB army + archer training", thanks for the suggestions!
They also gain dodging/armor skill if I shoot at them with really bad ammo from far away and let them recover from wounds, right? Hmmm... this mod desperately needs a special kind of nerf ammo for things like this :D

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 06:08:04 pm »

Nerf ammo would be wooden bolts, basically.

Also, patch in the Broken Arrow mod to make arrows a lot less likely to punch through armor if they aren't the right kind of material.
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.