Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Concerning the automatic factories...

Have few types but with many possible functions for each.  The simpler option
- 38 (42.2%)
Have many different types that each takes a particular input, for long assembly lines
- 29 (32.2%)
Have many types, allow using the wrong ones, but using them correctly lets the items have quality levels
- 23 (25.6%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: [GNOME] - V0.78.2: Latest Patch: Couple of bugfixes  (Read 44507 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

You might want to look in the dffd for the dwarven synthetics mod. pvc and kevlar strings and cloth... it was quite detailed and close to RL.

Here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84471.msg2264389#msg2264389

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 08:44:13 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

You might want to look in the dffd for the dwarven synthetics mod. pvc and kevlar strings and cloth... it was quite detailed and close to RL.

Here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84471.msg2264389#msg2264389

Interesting...

I was actually just looking for a sensible way of producing large amounts of logs (for use in machinery) and plastic seemed like the best solution.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Updated again!  (The last update had a bug in it.)

You should now be able to convert enemy war animals to your side for a druidic token by using the 'Recruit All Creatures' command, provided your merit is high enough.  May need balancing or adjustment.  Also note that if you convert them in the middle of battle and they are killed by their former allies, this will hurt your merit.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Is there a way to pacify invaders? like setting that merchant flag to make civ members leave. It would be great if there is some form of charm spell, that avoids bloodshed, or a diplomatic option to bribe the invading army into leaving. if thats possible with dfhack, I would very much like to see that. Even for other playable races. Non-violent options are so rare in DF.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 02:58:00 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

HitmanPAC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I took a look at the new manual - I know it's the new one because it has an animal training section, which is great - and I cannot find the flowchart you mentioned. I downloaded the newest version of Gnome and pasted it into the proper directory - I mean, I have the animal training section, so I KNOW it's not the old one. It's possible my Firefox doesn't like the graphic(?) you used, because I tend to err on the side of caution when it comes to that stuff.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a way to pacify invaders? like setting that merchant flag to make civ members leave. It would be great if there is some form of charm spell, that avoids bloodshed, or a diplomatic option to bribe the invading army into leaving. if thats possible with dfhack, I would very much like to see that. Even for other playable races. Non-violent options are so rare in DF.

I haven't tried playing with it yet, but there's a whole lot of settable flags and number values relating to invader behavior.  It should be easy to get them to leave (or even hire them to guard your fort as 'friendly' units).  I assume you're planning on something like that for humans?

So I took a look at the new manual - I know it's the new one because it has an animal training section, which is great - and I cannot find the flowchart you mentioned. I downloaded the newest version of Gnome and pasted it into the proper directory - I mean, I have the animal training section, so I KNOW it's not the old one. It's possible my Firefox doesn't like the graphic(?) you used, because I tend to err on the side of caution when it comes to that stuff.

Did you download the latest version from this thread?  The flowchart was put in after the official update.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Humans and dwarves. It wouldnt suit kobolds, orcs or warlock and you yourself have to decide if a charm-spell suits gnomes. But it would increase the use of the dwarven embassy, and would be a perfect fit for the more diplomatic/neutral humans.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are a couple of possible methods.  I've already published an 'exile' script on the dfhack script collection thread, which has an option to target all enemies - this should make them neutral by removing them from their civ and cause them to leave the map like wild animals.  There is also a variable for enemy morale, which if set to 0 will probably cause the enemies to flee as if defeated.  Or you could remove the 'invader' flags, which will probably make them hang around like 'friendly' occupiers on reclaim mode.  I haven't actually tested any of these, though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

All three have different effects. Appease, frighten and change alliance. Guess different civ can use different types. If you find the time for a script in the next two months, let me know. :)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [GNOME] - V0.78.2: Latest Patch: Couple of bugfixes
« Reply #354 on: April 05, 2014, 01:28:07 pm »

Updated with fixes to the Thunder Coil and added the missing headstraps.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #355 on: April 08, 2014, 03:23:04 pm »

Whats missing for V.1 of the Gnomes? :)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 08, 2014, 11:33:27 pm »

Whats missing for V.1 of the Gnomes? :)

Oh, I wasn't, strictly speaking, working towards a version 1 so much as just incrementing the version number with every update (the amount depending on if there was a new significant game mechanic, a minor game mechanic change, or simply a bugfix).

Some possible future developments: an automated butcher (for caged foes and dead pets), a system that lets you regain some druidic merit by burying pets, and fully rawable automatic factories (which would allow using them to produce alloys).  And any balances I get from player feedback.

That is, when I get around to it.  I've started a new major project so developments here may be slower going from here on out.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #357 on: May 24, 2014, 08:18:24 am »

Hey, I had a random thought about magnets: Could they actually be used to pull metals to them? I imagineg a magnet workshop that creates a magnetic field when it has power,.the more power, the bigger the field, and it would pull creatures wearing metal armor/weapons to it. (by adding velocity into the right direction)

Would be very interesting to build traps with that. :) It could also divert ammo... station gnomes armed with non-magnetic ranged weapons near it, and watch how all goblin arrows go of course and stick to the magnet instead. :)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 24, 2014, 01:33:23 pm »

Hey, I had a random thought about magnets: Could they actually be used to pull metals to them? I imagineg a magnet workshop that creates a magnetic field when it has power,.the more power, the bigger the field, and it would pull creatures wearing metal armor/weapons to it. (by adding velocity into the right direction)

Would be very interesting to build traps with that. :) It could also divert ammo... station gnomes armed with non-magnetic ranged weapons near it, and watch how all goblin arrows go of course and stick to the magnet instead. :)

That could be done in theory, but it would probably cause a lot of slowdown, especially if it were to work continuously (you can't run a scan for only nearby items/creatures, you have to either scan them all and then check their individual position, or check every relevant tile for occupants - fine if it's only one or two tiles, but for a 10-tile range of effect you're talking about 100 checks every few frames, more if you take z-levels into account as well).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #359 on: May 24, 2014, 03:26:50 pm »

Ah, yes, I forgot about the FPS killing. Should have realized that.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]