Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 168236 times)

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1215 on: February 19, 2014, 01:19:35 pm »

I wanted to inscribe my skeleton from second migrant wave with engraving skill, but it just don't do anything. I've set it (and only it) as permitted worker in workshop profile, but it still has "no job". Stupid, mindless bag of bones...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 01:34:35 pm by Szarrukin »

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: February 19, 2014, 01:34:00 pm »

Inscriptor uses the Engraving skill, make sure you have the skill enabled on the Skeleton.

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: February 19, 2014, 01:35:34 pm »

It helped, thanks!

Another question: is there any way to melt ice into water? I could swear that I saw reaction like that in one of workshops, but I cannot recall which workshop was that....

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: February 19, 2014, 02:25:59 pm »

It helped, thanks!

Another question: is there any way to melt ice into water? I could swear that I saw reaction like that in one of workshops, but I cannot recall which workshop was that....

I've never had need of that one. If you need the water to treat an injured warlock, there might be some sort of healing reaction in the morgue. If its for drinking, then build a blood brewery and make blood and then bloodwine. Or you can always breach the caverns for water. I think even Bone-armored ghouls will still trounce most 1st level caverns wildlife since the relocation of bronze statues. I'm not really sure if warlocks have a melt ice reaction. Its not in all the races, I know that much.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: February 19, 2014, 04:05:14 pm »

I know that inscriptor has a special reaction for "homemade" skeletons to made them available, but what about ghouls? is there any way to use them in military?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: February 19, 2014, 04:07:03 pm »

I know that inscriptor has a special reaction for "homemade" skeletons to made them available, but what about ghouls? is there any way to use them in military?

Butcher duty to legendary is my guess, but I'm sure this will be addressed in a patch or something before Meph goes on his trip.

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: February 19, 2014, 04:59:54 pm »

Besides, my ghoul that I just created is throwing a tantrum - appearently he (it?) doesn't like to be naked. It is just me, or ghouls concerned by nudity are kinda...weird? If i understand correctly, they are just barely more inteligent than animals, they shouldn't go all "OMG, I'm naked, everybody can see my rotten private things!"

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: February 19, 2014, 05:08:42 pm »

They are also bothered by miasma, which is strange considering they should be creatures that eat rotten flesh from corpses. How did you even make a new Ghoul? Ive tried the "Corrupt and Invader" thing and it doesnt like to work. Whenever i release the Invader from the cage he just gets killed by my guys.

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: February 19, 2014, 05:28:57 pm »

How did you even make a new Ghoul?
Graveyard

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: February 19, 2014, 05:44:15 pm »

Not tried that yet. Seems like a waste of meat(He says even though you can get 1000s of meat from invaders alone).

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: February 19, 2014, 05:47:32 pm »

Speaking of it - how can I butcher invaders corpses?

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: February 19, 2014, 06:02:43 pm »

It should happen automatically. Kill them somehow, then your guys should haul the corpse/body part to the refuse pile. Eventually your Ghouls will butcher em, so long as they are not rotten. Make sure you have your (o)rders to haul (r)efuse from outside(needs to be manually done), and (w)orkshop profile set to auto-butcher(this should be set to auto by default).

dshannon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: February 19, 2014, 07:27:50 pm »

So yesterday I tried to set myself a bit of a challenge which was inspired by a certain urist. I encountered several vanilla bugs which are brought to bear when trying to do a hermit challenge, but I also see they could apply to other circumstances.
First was that the local dungeon populous considers the crushing of grudges like they've lost a loved one. (6 cases of at least -20 unhappiness)
so you can't use that method at all.
Second arose when using the graveyard ghoul method. (ofc naked, but I saw that as an awesome extra challenge) The problem is that is when you have the ghoul master (couldn't be the graveyard ghoul, due to previously mentioned bug of him not going into military service), steward (and overlord? I didn't confirm it) set and they all die a tragic death without there being a valid successor, It bugs out the nobles screen permanently, all options vanish and as such you also can't set up any sort of military as those at default require even the most basic noble.

The third, not neccessarily a vanilla bug, was that the graveyard ghoul I got had all his exp gains bugged including ones he should by default get. Yes I did through my cheaty methods add a number off skill he shouldn't have had.

There is one other method I haven't tried for my challenge and that is the necromantic altar approach. but...yeah, that's going to need someone (a warlock?) alive by default.....isn't it?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 07:29:55 pm by dshannon »

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: February 19, 2014, 10:28:32 pm »

I've been playing some self made tweaks I thought I'd share.

First, I made warlocks able to be the crypt lords. Allows them thematically be "lord" of the dead and lead mindless skeletons that really should not be leading anything. This also prevents the roll of the dice that I'll have skeletons capable of being the crypt lord noble. Just wish I new how to force the squad embers to skeletons only, buts that's how I play it.

Second I made the Warlock staff shoot "magic" arrows as a ranged weapon. It's equivalent to a composite bow. The arrows now mean I have my crypt lord warlock use the same ammo as the skeletons with bows so I can have one clear range squad play with poisons and eventually spells, and then the ghoul master whipping the ground troops in training and action.

Third is that I upped the range of the slag bullet spell, and because that makes them hit with less accuracy, I upped the correlate to try to match the original damage/hit rate.

I don't know if I'm turning the race up-side down, but I felt like it at least allowed me to leverage some features of the race (range weapons and their poisons, the actual crypt lord squad) and be more combative earlier to match the higher ambushes and sieges.

My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1229 on: February 20, 2014, 06:47:52 am »

No, that sounds fine. Except that the graphics for the crypt lord dont fit warlocks, but there is so much wrong with DF graphics anyway, that shouldnt matter.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 110