Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 168009 times)

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1245 on: February 21, 2014, 05:19:30 pm »

I fumbled for answers on why this could be happening.... then it dawned on me.
The gnomes were integrated with the patch I had, so I suspected that the gnomes many interactions with the animals may be the cause for this.... problem.
What is one to do?

I've had the same problems. Anything with 'opposed to life' tag has completely ignored anything living from a civilization. Armies also completely ignore them as well. Extremely rare, the undead will attack wildlife that wanders on the map. All mindless undead are fairly useless right now. I embarked on a dark temple and had over 400 native undead simply walk off the map, ignoring everything.

They were pretty damn lethal and effective before the gnomes went in. So I agree that somewhere in there is the problem.

Edit: Would simply deleting all the gnome specific raws work to 'decouple' it from the rest of the game? Thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 05:25:30 pm by megahelmet »
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

Blazebase

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: February 21, 2014, 06:18:46 pm »

Would simply deleting all the gnome specific raws work to 'decouple' it from the rest of the game? Thoughts?

I remember in previous versions of warlocks, this wasn't a problem when the gnome patch wasn't present.
Maybe they should be separated again so that it could revert the undead to their normal state, then when all the kinks are worked out in the gnomes with warlocks, it can be safely reintegrated.

Edit: Also on a side note, I've been running into some trouble farming and planting evil crops such as bone bush, lichfinger, etc.
What kind of environment do I embark at in order to plant them?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 06:26:29 pm by Blazebase »
Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure.  ~Author Unknown

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: February 21, 2014, 06:32:34 pm »

Pretty sure you need to be in an Evil biome to plant them. Just get Glumprong logs from the Demonic Attorney building and turn em into evil plants at the Herbalist.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: February 22, 2014, 08:13:22 am »

Would simply deleting all the gnome specific raws work to 'decouple' it from the rest of the game? Thoughts?

I remember in previous versions of warlocks, this wasn't a problem when the gnome patch wasn't present.
Maybe they should be separated again so that it could revert the undead to their normal state, then when all the kinks are worked out in the gnomes with warlocks, it can be safely reintegrated.

I did some investigation about this "Curse of DERP undead" today, here is what I find so far.

1.Gnome? : I try delete everything about them file by file. It Doesn't fix it, and also corrupt my save file :P

2.I embark on many necro tower to observe the undead in it nature habitat :
I notice that in the very short moment after you start the undead still behave like good old undead, run out of the tower, chase after wildlife and beat the *** out of it and such. But suddenly they will enter their "Derp State" stp doing everything and just stand there.
So my conclusion is there must be "background reaction" that start a moment after you embark.

3.I download every test version to find the root of this curse :
I find that the problem start at V04 which Pylon system is intregate. With my 0% modder skill, I think this is the problem so I try to delete every reaction that relate to Remove oppose to life thing.
This Doesn't fix it

4. I try to replace the raw file of the current version with the V03  one by one:
Replace "creature_warlock_civ" file with the version03 one, this FIX IT!!!!!!
I try embark on the necro tower of 2 different world, and the undead is chasing and killing everything they find :)

So the problem is something in the "creature_warlock_civ" file that has been add in V04.

Hope this help you, Meph (But you may already know it and what I do today is the most pointless thing in warlock history :P)

PS. This is the first time in my DF career that I look in to the raw file. What I realize is there is so much work you put into this mod Meph, I can't find the word to thank you enough for what you do for other people for free. :)

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 01:13:28 pm by Nuttycompa »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1249 on: February 22, 2014, 12:29:48 pm »

Just so you know, there is no conceivable reason why the gnomes' presence would cause this kind of issue.  The only animal-related stuff they have operates only when you use their reactions.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: February 22, 2014, 02:09:51 pm »

What DFHack script do the water and magma wells use?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: February 22, 2014, 02:23:20 pm »

4. I try to replace the raw file of the current version with the V03  one by one:
Replace "creature_warlock_civ" file with the version03 one, this FIX IT!!!!!!
I try embark on the necro tower of 2 different world, and the undead is chasing and killing everything they find :)

So the problem is something in the "creature_warlock_civ" file that has been add in V04.

I don't have any modding skill, but I can compare things. I poured over the two civ files and the real major difference is the "remove opposed to life" interaction. It is not present in v03. I theorize that there is something about that interaction that is affecting regular undead AI.

Edit: The changes suggested by IndigoFenix http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133174.msg5014423#msg5014423 might also fix the AI issue as well as the squads one. I'm going to play around with it, as I think I know what to do with the changes. Sorta. I'ma risk it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 02:58:27 pm by megahelmet »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1252 on: February 22, 2014, 03:54:56 pm »

I think its because warlocks not only remove opposed to life from the skeleton workers, but also other undead wildlife, which then is undead wildlife, instaed of opposed to life. That might be the cause.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: February 22, 2014, 04:08:52 pm »

I think its because warlocks not only remove opposed to life from the skeleton workers, but also other undead wildlife, which then is undead wildlife, instaed of opposed to life. That might be the cause.

That would explain it.

I made the changes that IndigoFenix mentioned. It does fix the squads. I went an entire year and not a single skeleton left the service. Restless Walkers are still farily selective on what they want to attack, but they will do it. (No ambushes to test though, just wildlife). Regular undead still do nothing never attacking or being attacked--or even moving around really.

Also, there is no option in the boneforge to make bone shields. I just noticed that.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: February 22, 2014, 10:37:40 pm »

I think I did it....I did it?!?......OMFG I FINALLY DID IT!!!!

THIS is the cause of derp undead

in "creature_warlock_civ"
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MAKE_VAMPIRE]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:50]
[CDI:FREE_ACTION]

Remove it and BAM I get my good old restless murder machine undead back. 8)

PS. I use this website to compare the raws : http://www.diffnow.com/ (this is real life-saving  :D)

DuncanFrost

• Bay Watcher
  • Urban Legendary
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt account.
« Reply #1255 on: February 23, 2014, 10:25:00 am »

I think someone asked this earlier but I can't find the post. Why can't my warlocks do anything with the specific <Race> Souls I get from invaders? I have a few human souls sitting in my butcher's and plenty of hourglasses but they aren't touching it. Everything else I kill gets processed fine. Are these for a special purpose?

Also are centaurs meant to count as full megabeasts? I've had nearly a dozen now and they haven't been that much of a problem to deal with. (Although that might just be because my brawlers are all legendary from beating up an unconscious bull moose for a full season)
Toady looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
Toady has butchered a spammer!

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: February 23, 2014, 02:22:08 pm »

I think I did it....I did it?!?......OMFG I FINALLY DID IT!!!!

THIS is the cause of derp undead

in "creature_warlock_civ"
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MAKE_VAMPIRE]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:50]
[CDI:FREE_ACTION]

Remove it and BAM I get my good old restless murder machine undead back. 8)

PS. I use this website to compare the raws : http://www.diffnow.com/ (this is real life-saving  :D)

Amazing! I shall name a ghoul after you! I wonder what this interaction was for anyway?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1257 on: February 23, 2014, 03:10:33 pm »

it makes pets immune to undeads. Remove it, and the undeads will attacks pylons, monoliths, soul wisps and everything else you have. Its just the targeting that botched, it seems the warlocks also made wildlife and invaders "friendly" to undeads.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: February 23, 2014, 09:52:35 pm »

Ghouls are pretty nasty.

TL;DR: Ghouls natural speed and high lasher learn-rate might make them a tad overpowered.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: February 23, 2014, 10:08:49 pm »

Haven't whips and such always been OP?  I've heard stories of whips crushing the skulls of opponents in one go wearing adamantine helmets with steel mail and leather hoods over the top.  The tip accelerates insanely fast.  In fact from hearing these previous rumors I will purposefully avoid fighting whip wielding enemies and let the traps take care of them.

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 110