Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 168304 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1260 on: February 23, 2014, 10:59:39 pm »

Haven't whips and such always been OP?  I've heard stories of whips crushing the skulls of opponents in one go wearing adamantine helmets with steel mail and leather hoods over the top.  The tip accelerates insanely fast.  In fact from hearing these previous rumors I will purposefully avoid fighting whip wielding enemies and let the traps take care of them.
Thats not AS true since in masterwork there is an outer brain which eliminates a lot of the one-hit headshots from blunt weapons. Plus the bone weapons were light enough that they didn't get nearly as much force as a silver or copper weapon. They often glanced off or scored bruises or minor cuts as opposed to my experiences with chipping bone every strike with copper whips in adv mode. And they were against goblin with iron whips of their own. The OPness of whips is only a part of the ridiculousness of ghoul militia. But I'd say that having the only skill your early militia can learn be one of the more powerful weapon types might not be the best idea. I'd even pit properly armored and armed ghouls against ninja drow and demons.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: February 23, 2014, 11:35:15 pm »

I'd prefer it if Ghouls learnt Spear or Pike use instead of Whips.

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: February 23, 2014, 11:40:44 pm »

Yet to experience such luck with ghouls as they are all in the hospital.

The tower I have is doing ok despite the few needed tweaks to control and undead's opposed to life. I have yet to successfully handle a siege with skeleton melee (still had dwarves too soon even after tweaks), these posts came up after I raised all undead on the map and wondered why nothing happened.

I also am discovering that I am slowly drowning in tallow. Food really hasn't been too much of a problem and with the demand for blood, tallow biscuits is all they eat anyway. Should there be a production chain to turn tallow to oil for leather, maybe also fire and acid arrows from the orcs for the blight fletcher, and a bio-fuel coke?  Otherwise I have no need to make many candles.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: February 23, 2014, 11:56:31 pm »

Dwarves are total dicks in Warlock mode.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: February 24, 2014, 12:16:25 am »

Dwarves are just total dicks in general.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: February 24, 2014, 01:17:01 am »

Dwarves are just total dicks in general.
Yeah but they're less dickish in Orc mode. Welded mithril daikatanas have that effect on dwarves. Warlocks only have their magic to use and that takes AGES to get around to working on. So most of my souls are now spent on spawning demons to give me even a slight chance at survival.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: February 24, 2014, 01:37:45 am »

it makes pets immune to undeads. Remove it, and the undeads will attacks pylons, monoliths, soul wisps and everything else you have. Its just the targeting that botched, it seems the warlocks also made wildlife and invaders "friendly" to undeads.
You win some you lose some, I think :P
Is it posible to give the pet self target reaction instead?

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: February 24, 2014, 02:13:57 am »

I poked around in the interaction file and from what I can see it is self targeted....

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: February 24, 2014, 04:26:20 am »

I've got a question... why did a child skeleton show up, with the relationships screen saying that a female necromancer is it's mother?

EDIT: For the record, do not use the Necromantic Circle's raise undead thing on building destroyers or Ghouls. The first start randomly smashing things and for some reason the second went psycho and had to be put down.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 04:42:40 am by Gamerlord »

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: February 24, 2014, 10:03:29 am »

If you want to survive Sieges, just make a squad of 3 Ghouls, give them Bloodsteel Scourges and let them train for a good while. Once they are legendary and armored in Bloodsteel gear they will murder virtually anything. The sheer speed they rip through things is nuts.

Or if you want to be super cheap use cage traps and bait mobs in with Soul Wisps. Then you can pit the invaders at your leisure and butcher em nice and slowly as you need food. Invaders do not starve, so think of your animal stockpile and a storage zone for non-perishables.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: February 24, 2014, 01:24:24 pm »

Does Masterwork change elves to be able to fly? I got an elf ambush, mostly bowdancers, but their leader was a bladedancer, who is now floating 3 z-levels above the ground near my tower. I checked, and no, he does not have a mount. Any ideas?

Edit: In gm-editor it says he does have a mount. Perhaps his mount is stealthed?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 01:49:09 pm by palu »
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

hiphop38

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: February 24, 2014, 04:16:43 pm »

idk if this has been asked before, but what do I do with wounded skelies?
Like they are missing limbs and are incapacitated, do I heal them standard or is there a reaction to repair them? (Which one would think there should be...)

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: February 24, 2014, 04:32:26 pm »

Check the warlocks manual. There is a workshop that will fix skeletons. I will see if I can look at the manual for you in a few hours, if you still need help.

hiphop38

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: February 24, 2014, 04:59:20 pm »

Found it. TY!

hiphop38

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: February 24, 2014, 05:36:03 pm »

Well found it but problem, My skellies are incapacitated, like bed ridden limbless bastards and therefore are having issues being moved to the morgue to be repaired. Is there a way to circumvent that problem?
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 110