Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110]

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 167976 times)

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1635 on: May 19, 2014, 08:53:44 pm »

I really want to like Warlocks, I'm super intrigued by the magical parts of this whole mod...but Warlocks just have so much micromanaging.

Trying to sort out jobs based on caste before anything, trying to assign skeletons to specific workshops so they can be upgraded, trying to maintain control of the skeletons so they don't go stupid and leave the military...just so much micro.

I wish the reactions that "target" specific units could be done like engraving slabs. Open a list of names, select from that list, then the reaction targets that unit, rather than having to have them standing on top of the workshop at the time it completes.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: May 19, 2014, 09:21:10 pm »

You need Sorcery labour. Under misc labours.
Thank you much. That fixed it.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1637 on: May 20, 2014, 01:50:43 am »

I really want to like Warlocks, I'm super intrigued by the magical parts of this whole mod...but Warlocks just have so much micromanaging.

Trying to sort out jobs based on caste before anything, trying to assign skeletons to specific workshops so they can be upgraded, trying to maintain control of the skeletons so they don't go stupid and leave the military...just so much micro.

I wish the reactions that "target" specific units could be done like engraving slabs. Open a list of names, select from that list, then the reaction targets that unit, rather than having to have them standing on top of the workshop at the time it completes.
Are you using workshop profiles? Because you do just pick a name of the list that way.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Morn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: May 24, 2014, 11:41:35 am »

I have an issue with the spells, namely I can't get them to work/apply the syndrome. The only two I can get to work are Bloodspike and Bloodhail (the other spells in the south portion should also work based on the reaction products), all the other spells produce a blinding flash of light and nothing else. I'm not sure if this would cause anything but Bloodspike and bloodhail do not exist in the interaction_spells file or any other interaction file.

Also are there any tricks to grinding chrome, because that didn't work for me either (didn't use burrows, had multiple chrome bars).

Additionally, both learn arcane missile and arcane armor are missing

[REAGENT:gold3:150:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:GOLD],

under the third gold, I don't know if that has any effect though.

Also was the slade boulder spell changed or have specific requirements because they didn't use that either.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 12:59:09 pm by Morn »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: May 24, 2014, 02:06:57 pm »

1: Are you trying to teach spells to your Overlord? I haven't been able to make him learn spells, but fire spells work for me with normal Warlocks. There are a couple issues and it doesn't always take. I think if you run the reaction a couple more times it should work. Blinding flash of light is the name of the boiling rock that applies the spell syndromes.

2: I thought that you ground chromite[The ore] into chrome dust. Not the bars.

3: The arcane missile and arcane armour ARE probably bugged.

4: The spells gained from the Warlock Staff and Wraithblade don't work because bugs.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Morn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: May 24, 2014, 02:51:02 pm »

1. Yes, he is able to learn Bloodspike and bloodhail just fine.  The blinding flash of light doesn't apply syndromes for me, but I might not have run it enough, I'll give it another try with a different warlock.

2. In the Ore shredder it has an option for chrome bars but it doesn't let me shred them.

3. I think the issue comes from the bag for the gold not being present in the raws, I'll gen a new fort and check.

4. ok, good to know.

I guess I tried to teach them to my overlord not a regular warlock. Also on the grinding, I also cannot grind wolfram (ore or bars) and Mithril bars.  Looking at the raws, Mithril has    [REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:MITHRIL], instead of [REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:MITHRIL], all the ones I can't get to work have this, so I believe this to be the issue.

Except Mithril ore has [REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:MITHRIL], and it works. But wolfram has the same and none of the reactions work for me. Chrome works the same way as Mithril.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 03:44:51 pm by Morn »
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110]