Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 167989 times)

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: [WARLOCK] - Dev Log - Day 5
« Reply #240 on: January 05, 2014, 08:02:58 pm »

I think you want some more squads in the form of small casters and ghoul packs? Just a thought.
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #241 on: January 06, 2014, 12:30:21 am »

Talvara: Thanks for the sprite. I did indeed use Boltguns Succubi, because at first I wanted to "summon a succubi mistress" to fill that role, but DF doesnt like spawned units and you cant make them nobles. Would have been fun. I will use your new sprite ASAP. :)

Octobomb: Before you do a normal and a magical version, maybe focus on the normal one first. Its much easier to expand on something thats already written, instead of looking at a massive todo list and not knowing where to start. Are you doing concepts atm, or do you have raws that people can look at? :)

shadowclasper/jaxy15/talvara: You get 6 squads. 1 with 100 units, 1 with 5 units (I might even delete that one, but I like the idea of a military-medic), and 4 with 1 unit. Thats it. I cant restrict specific castes into specific soldiers. I cant do a "mage-only" squad of 5 and a "skeleton-only" squad of 25, so I went with this instead. But military training is different anyhow. Mages attack mostly with interactions, ghouls have natural skills, and skeletons can barely gain skills without manually upgrading them in workshops. So baracks and archery ranges are not that widely useful.

EDIT: And Warlock resurrection is in. You can now resurrect warlocks once every 3 months, as long as you can pay 10 souls, and have a living warlock that can run the reaction. :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 02:29:29 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #242 on: January 06, 2014, 05:47:12 am »

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 06, 2014, 07:17:55 am »

Quick question, will ethereal forge be able to mass product weapons in single reaction?
Cause when the invader come , I would love to have ability to turn my 100 air head skeletons into steel clad murder machine ASAP

By the way that light is sexy :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #244 on: January 06, 2014, 07:38:19 am »

Quick question, will ethereal forge be able to mass product weapons in single reaction?
Cause when the invader come , I would love to have ability to turn my 100 air head skeletons into steel clad murder machine ASAP

By the way that light is sexy :)
No, no mass producing. The reactions are already free, what do you want more? (Well, mass producing obviously^^)

Currently working on boneforge and soul syphon. :) Oh, and I replaced spears with pitchforks. Seems to fit better and has similar stats.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 06, 2014, 07:40:44 am »

What does the soul syphon do? It sounds intriguing...

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 06, 2014, 07:40:58 am »

Well, Meph, when can we expect the alpha release?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #247 on: January 06, 2014, 07:59:41 am »

Soul Syphon will store the souls in phylacteries. Soul (which wither away) + Hourglass = Phylactery, which is effectively a soul that does not wither away. Or simpler: Soul Storage.

No idea if it should do anything besides that.

Alpha release: I dont know. Maybe in around 12 hours, if I upload it with the daily devlog. I can also wait a day, and add more stuff.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 06, 2014, 08:00:18 am »

Add more. More is always good.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #249 on: January 06, 2014, 08:15:06 am »

Both done. Boneforge makes bone armorsets, bone catapults, ballistas, ballista bolts and weapons, and the soul syphon can store souls by using hourglasses (which come from the craftsman). I also rewrote all reactions that accepted souls to accept both, either soul or phylactery.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 06, 2014, 08:37:59 am »

Glorious.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 06, 2014, 09:17:32 am »

There's something about making skeletons use bone items that feels kinda morbid to me.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #252 on: January 06, 2014, 09:29:32 am »

Well, if you dont want a skeleton friend, just make a nice breastplate of him.  8)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 06, 2014, 10:24:47 am »

Well, if you dont want a love your skeleton friend, just make a nice breastplate of him.  8)
FTFY  :D

This sounds fun, good job Meph.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Dev Log - Day 6
« Reply #254 on: January 06, 2014, 12:05:44 pm »

Dev Log - Day 6

Got up a 5 o'clock today, got heaps done. :)

Spears have been replaced with pitchforks, I added special warlock illuminations and two decorations (dead roots and dead trees), 2 test-embark profiles and I added:

The Soul Syphon which can store souls.

The Boneforge, which makes bone armorset and bone weaponry and catapults/ballistas.

The Blight Fletcher, which makes arrows and quivers and can make poisons and coat ammo with it.

The Necromancy tree... The Necro Circle, which can animate all dead in 15 tile radius, but you cant control them. The Necro Shrine, which can raise new skeleton workers, raise zombies and soul wisps, (super important for your fort, you get new workers this way), and the Necro Altar, which can revive skeletons (so you can keep the well trained ones), resurrect Warlocks (immortality FTW), and revive Megabeasts.

Doctors Chamber can train medical skills and reassemble Skeletons. So if your skeleton soldier lost a limb or two, you can reattach them.

The Torture Chamber, which can turn captured invaders into Ghouls (again, new workers for your civ), or torture a single Warlock to make the rest work faster for a month.

The Darkpact. Experimental. Uses Putnams HackWish script, which kinda crashes the game for me in a third of the cases, but if it runs, its beautiful. Make a deal with the devil, chose your reward. :) I added it for free atm, so that people can test it. I want to know if the crashes are something specific to my system or not.

Here is the download for the people that want to test the current work: ALPHA DOWNLOAD - FOR TESTERS VICTIMS. Its super buggy and the workshops have no buildmats, to allow faster testing. The manual should cover most added features so far, and includes all the building designs. The Monolith doesnt work, if anyone can get it to raise nearby corpses, I would be much obliged. :)

And the progress from yesterday:

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:28:38 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 110